1120 users online (182 members and 938 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OH - Englewood, 'Blue Bandana Girl', WhtFem, 17-25, Aug'87 - Paula Davis

Jane Doe Ohio, found August 10, 1987

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/28ufoh.html

This page not for the squeemish, scroll down to view Jane Doe.

http://www.mcohio.org/revize/montgom...d_remains.html
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-02-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Unidentified white female
    Discovered on August 10, 1987 in Englewood , Ohio

She was discovered approximately 14 hours after her homicide took place on August 9, 1987. Cause of death was strangulation.

Vital Statistics:

Estimated age: 17-25 years old

Approximate Height and weight: 5'5"/ 125 lbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. She had an old, small scar above her right ankle, which was a quarter inch in size. There were old i.v. track scars on both of her hands.

Dentals: available

Clothing: She was wearing jeans, blue panties, and a blue headband. She was not wearing a shirt or shoes.

Jewelry: A loop earing was placed in her right ear. Two silver bracelets were worn on her right arm and a turquoise ring was on her right hand. She also wore a silver chain necklace.

Other: DNA and fingerprints available.

Tattoos: She had tattoos over both of her breasts, One of a unicorn and one of a flower.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/28ufoh.html

OH - UID 28UFOH, Englewood, 1987 to: IN - Wendy Felton, 16, Marion, 1987

I posted this over at our other forum, but wanted to get some feedback over here.

The UID Info:

Case File 28UFOH

# Unidentified White Female Discovered on August 10, 1987 in Englewood, Ohio.
    # Cause of death was strangulation.
    # She was discovered approximately 14 hours after her homicide took place on August 9, 1987.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 17 - 25 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" (165 cm.); 125 lbs. (57 kg.)
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. She had an old, small scar on her right ankle, which was 1/4 of an inch in size. There were old IV track scars on both of her hands.
    * Dentals: Available
    * Clothing: She was wearing jeans; blue panties; and a blue headband. She was not wearing a shirt or shoes.
    * Jewelry: A loop earring was placed in her right ear. Two silver bracelets were worn on her right arm and a turquoise ring was on her right hand. She also wore a silver chain necklace.
    * Other: Fingerprints & DNA available
    * Tattoos: She had tattoos over both of her breasts; One of a unicorn and one of a flower.

Tattoo 1 Tattoo 2

Body found 8/10/87 at east-bound off-ramp of Hoke Road off I-70, Englewood, OH. Date of death 8/9/87 at unknown location, approximately 14 hours before discovery.

Investigators
    If you have any information on this woman's identity, please contact:
    Englewood Police Department
    937-836-1194
    OR
    937-836-2678
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

NCIC Number:
    U-260043704

Link to autopsy photo: http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9123/faceidns8.jpg

Possible match info:

The Doe Network:
    Case File 299DFIN

1 Age-Progression
    Left: Felton, circa 1987; Right: Age-progressed image to age 33 (circa 2005)

Wendy Louise Felton
    Missing since June 4, 1987 from Marion, Grant County, Indiana.
    Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

# Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: May 10, 1971
    # Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    # Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds
    # Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown wavy hair; brown eyes.
    # Marks, Scars: Felton has a 1" scar on her right shoulder blade. She has pierced ears. Felton wears hard contact lenses.
    # Clothing: Felton was last seen wearing white shorts; a gold watch; and possibly a red shirt.
    # Jewelry: Gold watch.
    # Dental: Charts Available.
    # DNA: Available.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Felton's sister drove their parents to the airport on June 4, 1987. When she returned to the family's Marion, Indiana home, Felton had disappeared. She disappeared between 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning Felton's whereabouts, please contact:
    Grant County Sheriff's Office
    Lt. John Cooke
    765-662-9864 ext. 212
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 87-2180

NCMEC #: NCMC772531

NCIC Number: M-250436110
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/299dfin.html

Photo of possible match:

What do you think?

Well, they sure do look alike!

The main things that caught my eye were that Wendy had a 1 inch scar on her shoulder that wasn't mentioned on Jane Doe, but maybe it was missed.

She also would have gotten the tattoos after disappearing, or her family didn't know about them maybe.

It could be a match! I wonder if this has already been ruled out due to the similarites and being in the same year.

Good searching!

I think you've got something here! It is a possibility that the girl may never have mentioned the tattoos to anyone. In 1987, they weren't as common as today.

please check your PM's

Quote Originally Posted by MrsG728 View Post
    I think you've got something here! It is a possibility that the girl may never have mentioned the tattoos to anyone. In 1987, they weren't as common as today.

please check your PM's
    Good point MrsG. I know of some teens and young ladies who even today might hide the fact that they have tattoos from family. Back then it was less acceptable for women to get them, and it is possible that she didn't even tell her friends---yet. Of course we don't know for how long she had her tats prior to her disappearance. But, who knows?

Our dear Jaded will be working and is unable to send out the info and call LE about this. So, I offered to do it for her. I sent an email with everything on it, and I am going to call LE around 9 am CST. I will post any info I receive (a big, "IF"), and of course keep Jaded informed.

Lion

How about this girl? Could she be the undentified victim?

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1522DFCA

Rhonda Lynn Yocom
    Missing since February 7, 1985 from Oroville, Nevada County, California
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: July 29, 1965
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 115 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. Filipina. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: Rose or Unicorn tattoo on breast, both legs scarred. Pierced ears.
    • AKA: Rhonda Dabis
    • Dentals: Not available
    • Fingerprints: Available

Rhonda was last seen on February 7, 1985 in Oroville, CA. Her family reported the 20-year-old missing in 1985, and haven't heard from her since.
    She had reportedly begun to use drugs around the time of her disappearance Foul play is suspected. Rhonda had become involved with a man who was part of a motorcycle gang. She reportedly left home to go live with him in Oroville, and her family never saw or heard from her again.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

I just spoke with both Lt. Holtzleiter of the Grant County Sheriff's Office and Chief Investigator Brown at the coroners office that handles Englewood, OH. They both previously received my emails and looked it up immediately. But, it was not a match. Apparently, these two were compared via dental records in 1997 and found to have not been a match.

It was great work on Jaded's part because they really did seem like they were possibly a match.

Investigator Brown confirmed my theory that we have more missing and UID than we used to. He said that just 2 years ago he had 28 in 1 year. On 2006, he had 62. Geesh, what is up with that? It seems to be happening all over the country.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    How about this girl? Could she be the undentified victim?

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1522DFCA

Rhonda Lynn Yocom
    Missing since February 7, 1985 from Oroville, Nevada County, California
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: July 29, 1965
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 115 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. Filipina. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: Rose or Unicorn tattoo on breast, both legs scarred. Pierced ears.
    • AKA: Rhonda Dabis
    • Dentals: Not available
    • Fingerprints: Available

Rhonda was last seen on February 7, 1985 in Oroville, CA. Her family reported the 20-year-old missing in 1985, and haven't heard from her since.
    She had reportedly begun to use drugs around the time of her disappearance Foul play is suspected. Rhonda had become involved with a man who was part of a motorcycle gang. She reportedly left home to go live with him in Oroville, and her family never saw or heard from her again.
    She sure looks like the sketches, but the autopsy photo (cringe) does not look like an Asian Philipino female.

I agree, Sadie. Also, Chief Investigator Brown was very helpful in answering several questions for me this morning. I asked him how accurate are the methods in determining height and weight. He said that although the measurements and weights are most accurate if the deceased is found in good condition shortly after death (Princess Doe from Englewood was only dead for about 14 hours and was in good condition), forensic anthropologists also have fairly accurate methods, even for skeletal remains. however, the new rules state that even if they estimate a height or weight they are now required to offer a broader range.

The height difference of 4 inches in this case is more of an obstacle than if they had found Princess Doe as skeletal remains because both heights are most likely pretty accurate--unless someone made a typing error--which I asked about. I said I wonder if once in awhile a match isn't made because of a simple typing error. But, in this case, although the two look similar, I don't they are the same person. The facial structures seem too different to me.

Lion

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.

OH-Paula Beverly Davis (28ufoh-WarningMorguePhoto-MATCH??)

Does anyone know if these two have been compared? And please take a close look at the top lip on the morgue photo-- is there a possible scar that you can see?

I can't find any list of rule outs anywhere, so I thought I'd put it out there and see what everyone else thinks.

Much apreciated.
    Snufamonbobball

Doe File: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/28ufoh.html

Namus:https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=985

Missing Charlie Proj:http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ard_vicki.html

Missing Doe:http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1957dfmn.html

This is just interesting (at least to me) about the man she was last with:http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/script...c69679&invol=1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Animal04216; 10-29-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: add pictures-10/29/09 remove link to morgue photo
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

Those Doenetwork pics look nothing like the coroners pictures. (They very rarely do...)

I hope you're onto something, I'd submit it if I were you

I think the morgue photo and those photos of the missing woman resemble one another (moreso than the sketches).

I agree with Boyz Mum - Vicki looks nothing like the sketches but then neither does the recovered body.

My slight reservation is that the Doe wore quite a lot of jewelry - but Vicki had skin sensitive to "most metal." However the jewelry is described universally as "silver colored" but not silver - so perhaps there was some metal that did not cause her an allergy and so the matching jewelry could have been chosen specifically for that reason.

I would add that Vicki went missing about 13 hours from where the Doe was found at a highway on ramp - it'd make sense that a killer might have killed her near where home and simply driven until he could take no more (or until his route was done if a trucker) and then dump the body and disappear.

Snufamonbobball, I think the similarities between both are more than enough reason to call in the tip. I frankly see nothing physically that is off. All her features are really close. The jewelry thing is the only major thing off, but like another poster stated, there could be a good explanation for it. I say it's a great match!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast