Identified! OH - Englewood, 'Blue Bandana Girl', WhtFem, 17-25, Aug'87 - Paula Davis

Unidentified white female
Discovered on August 10, 1987 in Englewood , Ohio

She was discovered approximately 14 hours after her homicide took place on August 9, 1987. Cause of death was strangulation.

Vital Statistics:

Estimated age: 17-25 years old

Approximate Height and weight: 5'5"/ 125 lbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. She had an old, small scar above her right ankle, which was a quarter inch in size. There were old i.v. track scars on both of her hands.

Dentals: available

Clothing: She was wearing jeans, blue panties, and a blue headband. She was not wearing a shirt or shoes.

Jewelry: A loop earing was placed in her right ear. Two silver bracelets were worn on her right arm and a turquoise ring was on her right hand. She also wore a silver chain necklace.

Other: DNA and fingerprints available.

Tattoos: She had tattoos over both of her breasts, One of a unicorn and one of a flower.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/28ufoh.html

I posted this over at our other forum, but wanted to get some feedback over here.

The UID Info:

Case File 28UFOH

# Unidentified White Female Discovered on August 10, 1987 in Englewood, Ohio.
# Cause of death was strangulation.
# She was discovered approximately 14 hours after her homicide took place on August 9, 1987.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 17 - 25 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" (165 cm.); 125 lbs. (57 kg.)
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. She had an old, small scar on her right ankle, which was 1/4 of an inch in size. There were old IV track scars on both of her hands.
* Dentals: Available
* Clothing: She was wearing jeans; blue panties; and a blue headband. She was not wearing a shirt or shoes.
* Jewelry: A loop earring was placed in her right ear. Two silver bracelets were worn on her right arm and a turquoise ring was on her right hand. She also wore a silver chain necklace.
* Other: Fingerprints & DNA available
* Tattoos: She had tattoos over both of her breasts; One of a unicorn and one of a flower.

Tattoo 1 Tattoo 2

Body found 8/10/87 at east-bound off-ramp of Hoke Road off I-70, Englewood, OH. Date of death 8/9/87 at unknown location, approximately 14 hours before discovery.

Investigators
If you have any information on this woman's identity, please contact:
Englewood Police Department
937-836-1194
OR
937-836-2678
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

NCIC Number:
U-260043704

uidohioaq3.png

Link to autopsy photo: http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9123/faceidns8.jpg

Possible match info:

The Doe Network:
Case File 299DFIN

1 Age-Progression
Left: Felton, circa 1987; Right: Age-progressed image to age 33 (circa 2005)

Wendy Louise Felton
Missing since June 4, 1987 from Marion, Grant County, Indiana.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

# Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: May 10, 1971
# Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
# Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown wavy hair; brown eyes.
# Marks, Scars: Felton has a 1" scar on her right shoulder blade. She has pierced ears. Felton wears hard contact lenses.
# Clothing: Felton was last seen wearing white shorts; a gold watch; and possibly a red shirt.
# Jewelry: Gold watch.
# Dental: Charts Available.
# DNA: Available.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Felton's sister drove their parents to the airport on June 4, 1987. When she returned to the family's Marion, Indiana home, Felton had disappeared. She disappeared between 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Felton's whereabouts, please contact:
Grant County Sheriff's Office
Lt. John Cooke
765-662-9864 ext. 212
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 87-2180

NCMEC #: NCMC772531

NCIC Number: M-250436110
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/299dfin.html

Photo of possible match:
wfeltonpv9.jpg

What do you think?

Well, they sure do look alike!

The main things that caught my eye were that Wendy had a 1 inch scar on her shoulder that wasn't mentioned on Jane Doe, but maybe it was missed.

She also would have gotten the tattoos after disappearing, or her family didn't know about them maybe.

It could be a match! I wonder if this has already been ruled out due to the similarites and being in the same year.

Good searching! :)

I think you've got something here! It is a possibility that the girl may never have mentioned the tattoos to anyone. In 1987, they weren't as common as today.

please check your PM's ;)

I think you've got something here! It is a possibility that the girl may never have mentioned the tattoos to anyone. In 1987, they weren't as common as today.

please check your PM's ;)

Good point MrsG. I know of some teens and young ladies who even today might hide the fact that they have tattoos from family. Back then it was less acceptable for women to get them, and it is possible that she didn't even tell her friends---yet. Of course we don't know for how long she had her tats prior to her disappearance. But, who knows?

Our dear Jaded will be working and is unable to send out the info and call LE about this. So, I offered to do it for her. I sent an email with everything on it, and I am going to call LE around 9 am CST. I will post any info I receive (a big, "IF"), and of course keep Jaded informed.

Lion

How about this girl? Could she be the undentified victim?

The Doe Network:
Case File 1522DFCA

RLYocom.jpg

Rhonda Lynn Yocom
Missing since February 7, 1985 from Oroville, Nevada County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: July 29, 1965
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 115 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. Filipina. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: Rose or Unicorn tattoo on breast, both legs scarred. Pierced ears.
  • AKA: Rhonda Dabis
  • Dentals: Not available
  • Fingerprints: Available

Rhonda was last seen on February 7, 1985 in Oroville, CA. Her family reported the 20-year-old missing in 1985, and haven't heard from her since.
She had reportedly begun to use drugs around the time of her disappearance Foul play is suspected. Rhonda had become involved with a man who was part of a motorcycle gang. She reportedly left home to go live with him in Oroville, and her family never saw or heard from her again.

I just spoke with both Lt. Holtzleiter of the Grant County Sheriff's Office and Chief Investigator Brown at the coroners office that handles Englewood, OH. They both previously received my emails and looked it up immediately. But, it was not a match. Apparently, these two were compared via dental records in 1997 and found to have not been a match.

It was great work on Jaded's part because they really did seem like they were possibly a match.

Investigator Brown confirmed my theory that we have more missing and UID than we used to. He said that just 2 years ago he had 28 in 1 year. On 2006, he had 62. Geesh, what is up with that? It seems to be happening all over the country.

Lion

How about this girl? Could she be the undentified victim?

The Doe Network:
Case File 1522DFCA

RLYocom.jpg

Rhonda Lynn Yocom
Missing since February 7, 1985 from Oroville, Nevada County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: July 29, 1965
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 115 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. Filipina. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: Rose or Unicorn tattoo on breast, both legs scarred. Pierced ears.
  • AKA: Rhonda Dabis
  • Dentals: Not available
  • Fingerprints: Available

Rhonda was last seen on February 7, 1985 in Oroville, CA. Her family reported the 20-year-old missing in 1985, and haven't heard from her since.
She had reportedly begun to use drugs around the time of her disappearance Foul play is suspected. Rhonda had become involved with a man who was part of a motorcycle gang. She reportedly left home to go live with him in Oroville, and her family never saw or heard from her again.
She sure looks like the sketches, but the autopsy photo (cringe) does not look like an Asian Philipino female.

I agree, Sadie. Also, Chief Investigator Brown was very helpful in answering several questions for me this morning. I asked him how accurate are the methods in determining height and weight. He said that although the measurements and weights are most accurate if the deceased is found in good condition shortly after death (Princess Doe from Englewood was only dead for about 14 hours and was in good condition), forensic anthropologists also have fairly accurate methods, even for skeletal remains. however, the new rules state that even if they estimate a height or weight they are now required to offer a broader range.

The height difference of 4 inches in this case is more of an obstacle than if they had found Princess Doe as skeletal remains because both heights are most likely pretty accurate--unless someone made a typing error--which I asked about. I said I wonder if once in awhile a match isn't made because of a simple typing error. But, in this case, although the two look similar, I don't they are the same person. The facial structures seem too different to me.

Lion

Does anyone know if these two have been compared? And please take a close look at the top lip on the morgue photo-- is there a possible scar that you can see?

I can't find any list of rule outs anywhere, so I thought I'd put it out there and see what everyone else thinks.

Much apreciated.:blowkiss:
Snufamonbobball

Doe File: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/28ufoh.html

Namus:https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=985

Missing Charlie Proj:http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sundgaard_vicki.html

Missing Doe:http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1957dfmn.html

This is just interesting (at least to me) about the man she was last with:http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=mn&vol=appunpub\9606\c69679&invol=1

Attachments

• ohio1.jpg
    ohio1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 420
  • vicki.JPG
    vicki.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 507
  • youngvicki.JPG
    youngvicki.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 325
Those Doenetwork pics look nothing like the coroners pictures.:waitasec: (They very rarely do...)

I hope you're onto something, I'd submit it if I were you:)

I think the morgue photo and those photos of the missing woman resemble one another (moreso than the sketches).

I agree with Boyz Mum - Vicki looks nothing like the sketches but then neither does the recovered body.

My slight reservation is that the Doe wore quite a lot of jewelry - but Vicki had skin sensitive to "most metal." However the jewelry is described universally as "silver colored" but not silver - so perhaps there was some metal that did not cause her an allergy and so the matching jewelry could have been chosen specifically for that reason.

I would add that Vicki went missing about 13 hours from where the Doe was found at a highway on ramp - it'd make sense that a killer might have killed her near where home and simply driven until he could take no more (or until his route was done if a trucker) and then dump the body and disappear.

Snufamonbobball, I think the similarities between both are more than enough reason to call in the tip. I frankly see nothing physically that is off. All her features are really close. The jewelry thing is the only major thing off, but like another poster stated, there could be a good explanation for it. I say it's a great match!

My slight reservation is that the Doe wore quite a lot of jewelry - but Vicki had skin sensitive to "most metal." However the jewelry is described universally as "silver colored" but not silver - so perhaps there was some metal that did not cause her an allergy and so the matching jewelry could have been chosen specifically for that reason.

That's a great observation. I'm allergic to most jewellery except a very cheap kind, that I can't even remember the name of, it's a dark silver color, common in Indian jewellery. When I was younger I had earrings, rings, nose studs all in this material. Does anyone know what it's called? It's cheap and silvery looking... It's as far as I know the only metal that doesn't bring me out in a rash!... I think if I'd died then and been found no one would have thought it was me because of all the jewellery! Everyone knew I was allergic.

Is it pewer? Iam not sure but I also think the girl in OH does look like the one of Vicki.Also the drive is possible to dump the the body in 12 to 14 hours.How sad that she has not been identfied...

Snufamonbobball,

I think the morgue picture looks like Vicki, but the only thing I question is that Vicki is said to have an a white cap on one of her upper teeth and then I looked at the UID's dentals and it lists that her upper front teeth are her natural teeth with no fillings...I would guess that would mean crowns also. Here's the link..https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=985&=7&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

Other than that I think they look alike..

I looked at her dentals too, but the last coroner I spoke with (on a different case) told me they don't care to use dentals unless they have too. The investigator told me that even in a few months someone's dentals can change. She said persons who engage in high risk behaviors often will have a change in their dental status- even women who are in an abusive situation can have dentals change very fast, so talking with her kind of changed my idea of who can be a possibility for an Unidentified.

I would hate to think of ruling someone out because I think the dentals don't match- now all that being said, it is hard for me to think that this UF hasn't already been compared to Vicki, but I can't find anything that says she has and one thing else is everyone who reads this will keep this Doe in mind and will also keep Vicki in their mind as they go along, so I think even if it isn't her every post is useful for this Doe and for Vicki.
Although I am curious- do you see a scar?

Always Appreciating!:blowkiss:
Snufamonbobball

Snufamonbobball,

It does look like the UID has a faint scar on her top lip. It did say that when Vickie moved to MN with her sister she had extensive dental work done, and the dentist is unknown. (so who knows what her teeth would look like) ..heck I do think it is worth a shot. At least if she comes back not a match...can't say you haven't tried.

You could even ask Rocky Wells at Doe Network to see if they were compared through the Doe Network site if you don't want to contact LE...

Keep Us Posted!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back