748 users online (68 members and 680 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jaycee on Oprah?

http://www.news10.net/news/local/sto...0&provider=top

"Jaycee Lee Dugard is preparing to finally tell her story to the public. The UK Daily Mirror reports Dugard will appear on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" this December. The paper goes on to say Dugard will get one-million dollars for the appearance."

I hadn't seen this posted anywhere else, sorry if it duplicates. Consider the source, also...but interesting if true!

Dear Jaycee,

Please don't feel compelled to accept "Queen" Oprah's request for an interview, or any one else's for that matter.

Please take all the time you need to heal in private.

Sincerely,

Not An OprahFan

Angela DePaul, a spokeswoman for Winfrey, said today that reports that the show had booked Dugard were inaccurate. Winfrey is interested in speaking with Dugard, but the show does not pay for interviews, DePaul said.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Angela DePaul, a spokeswoman for Winfrey, said today that reports that the show had booked Dugard were inaccurate. Winfrey is interested in speaking with Dugard, but the show does not pay for interviews, DePaul said.

I think that she should make an exception!!! She has more money than GOD!!! It wouldnt hurt her to pay this woman $10 million for an interview. The more people make the more selfish they are IMO. It wouldnt pay for me to be rich because I would spend it all on other people in need.

Good for Jaycee. If and when she wants to talk, she'll talk. I think she's a wonderful person and a terrific mom, and she's looking after her own best interests and those of her daughters and her family.

Operah does NOT have a reputation for being selfish. Quite the contrary.

she's definitely vying for it...quotes from her in link.

"But this is the one I want. It’s the first time I have ever called up my producers and said, ‘Are we on this story? Because I want that interview!”

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime...cee-Lee-Dugard

If Jaycee goes on Oprah for the 30-or-so-minutes required for an interview to secure herself 1 million dollars for herself and her family - hats off to her! Personally, if that's all she gets, I think whoever is representing her as an agent is lame...She should be able to secure herself and her two children the ability to live out the rest of their lives without worry. Harpo certainly can get her there!

MOO

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    None of these shows pay for interviews...In their lame attempt to appear morally above these payments, they pay for other things - for photos or videos or documents...Since Anna Nicole's case, I am no longer fooled by all of the shannigans around what they do or don't pay for...BLEH!

ETA - How much would networks PAY for pics of JC's girls? When they were younger or now? (Just throwing out the truth - awful as it might be!)

Quote Originally Posted by joga View Post
    she's definitely vying for it...quotes from her in link.

"But this is the one I want. Itís the first time I have ever called up my producers and said, ĎAre we on this story? Because I want that interview!Ē

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime...cee-Lee-Dugard
    Who's to say she even said that...ya know?!!?? Truthfully, I hope Jaycee sells the rights to a book or movie deal and makes millions. That way she can pay for herself and her girls education....house, cars, and the comforts they were robbed of all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassygerl View Post
    Who's to say she even said that...ya know?!!?? Truthfully, I hope Jaycee sells the rights to a book or movie deal and makes millions. That way she can pay for herself and her girls education....house, cars, and the comforts they were robbed of all those years.
    She should get enough of a settlement from lawsuits to set them up for life.

Quote Originally Posted by my2sisters View Post
    She should get enough of a settlement from lawsuits to set them up for life.
    I don't think that Garido has anything, so a lawsuit would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Natal View Post
    I don't think that Garido has anything, so a lawsuit would be pointless.
    She wouldn't be suing Garrido,but LE or the systems that failed her.

I think you can only do that if it was a willfull act.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassygerl View Post
    maybeee i guess, although it was a direct quote, not a he said she said. if Oprah was being misquoted, i would pretty much guarantee she would have the various sites reporting it correct or retract the statement by now.

(isn't it sad how we have to question pretty much everything we read in the "media" these days!!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast