Jaycee on Oprah?

elizabethie

Reaction score
http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66860&provider=top

"Jaycee Lee Dugard is preparing to finally tell her story to the public. The UK Daily Mirror reports Dugard will appear on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" this December. The paper goes on to say Dugard will get one-million dollars for the appearance."

I hadn't seen this posted anywhere else, sorry if it duplicates. Consider the source, also...but interesting if true!

Dear Jaycee,

Please don't feel compelled to accept "Queen" Oprah's request for an interview, or any one else's for that matter.

Please take all the time you need to heal in private.

Sincerely,

Not An OprahFan

Angela DePaul, a spokeswoman for Winfrey, said today that reports that the show had booked Dugard were inaccurate. Winfrey is interested in speaking with Dugard, but the show does not pay for interviews, DePaul said.

I think that she should make an exception!!! She has more money than GOD!!! It wouldnt hurt her to pay this woman $10 million for an interview. The more people make the more selfish they are IMO. It wouldnt pay for me to be rich because I would spend it all on other people in need.

Good for Jaycee. If and when she wants to talk, she'll talk. I think she's a wonderful person and a terrific mom, and she's looking after her own best interests and those of her daughters and her family.

Operah does NOT have a reputation for being selfish. Quite the contrary.

If Jaycee goes on Oprah for the 30-or-so-minutes required for an interview to secure herself 1 million dollars for herself and her family - hats off to her! Personally, if that's all she gets, I think whoever is representing her as an agent is lame...She should be able to secure herself and her two children the ability to live out the rest of their lives without worry. Harpo certainly can get her there!

MOO

Angela DePaul, a spokeswoman for Winfrey, said today that reports that the show had booked Dugard were inaccurate. Winfrey is interested in speaking with Dugard, but the show does not pay for interviews, DePaul said.
None of these shows pay for interviews...In their lame attempt to appear morally above these payments, they pay for other things - for photos or videos or documents...Since Anna Nicole's case, I am no longer fooled by all of the shannigans around what they do or don't pay for...BLEH!

ETA - How much would networks PAY for pics of JC's girls? When they were younger or now? (Just throwing out the truth - awful as it might be!)

she's definitely vying for it...quotes from her in link.

"But this is the one I want. It’s the first time I have ever called up my producers and said, ‘Are we on this story? Because I want that interview!”

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...speaks-about-interview-with-Jaycee-Lee-Dugard

Who's to say she even said that...ya know?!!?? Truthfully, I hope Jaycee sells the rights to a book or movie deal and makes millions. That way she can pay for herself and her girls education....house, cars, and the comforts they were robbed of all those years.

Who's to say she even said that...ya know?!!?? Truthfully, I hope Jaycee sells the rights to a book or movie deal and makes millions. That way she can pay for herself and her girls education....house, cars, and the comforts they were robbed of all those years.

She should get enough of a settlement from lawsuits to set them up for life.

I think you can only do that if it was a willfull act.

maybeee i guess, although it was a direct quote, not a he said she said. if Oprah was being misquoted, i would pretty much guarantee she would have the various sites reporting it correct or retract the statement by now.

(isn't it sad how we have to question pretty much everything we read in the "media" these days!!)

Well, I don't think that will happen. There is an irony in suing the people who freed you for damages, it is commonly called ingratitude. I don't doubt it happens from time to time, but the people who do that are contemptable. I don't think Jaycee and her family are like that.

Well, I don't think that will happen. There is an irony in suing the people who freed you for damages, it is commonly called ingratitude. I don't doubt it happens from time to time, but the people who do that are contemptable. I don't think Jaycee and her family are like that.

There are serious limitations on how much you can sue a person or group in public service/position.

Jayce Dugard Oprah interview is false says family spokesperson

Though everyone wants to speak to Jaycee Dugard, she has been through an incredible ordeal and will need to undergo psychological counseling and intensive therapy to readjust to freedom away from her captors. Yes, we as a nation long to hear her story, but we must give Jaycee and her family the time they need. When Jaycee is ready to share her ordeal publicly she will. There’s also a chance that she and her daughters may never feel ready to speak about what they’ve undergone.

Jaycee Dugard and her daughters need to heal, and that must be their priority. The public and every talk show host in town, including Oprah Winfrey, should give the family the time and patience that they need. They are already in hiding; they’ve kept Jaycee’s current photo away from the public, and moved to an undisclosed location protected by the FBI. When Jaycee and her daughters are ready to share their experiences with the world they will.

Until then, we as a nation should continue to keep Jaycee and her daughters in our prayers.

http://www.examiner.com/x-12837-US-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m9d14-Jayce-Dugard-Oprah-interview-is-false-says-family-spokesperson

What worried me about Oprah was why she so badly wanted to interview Jaycee. Oprah tends to want to channel her own victimhood through her guests, but what happened to Jaycee is unlike any other event before. Jaycee shouldn't be a conquest to see who can interview her first especially with little thought to how it might affect her or her recovery.

I admit I am not an Oprah fan. She is generous and has championed and funded some very noble causes, but she can well afford to do so. In these last years, I have found her to be too often insensitive and self-serving.

I am glad the family is "in hiding", I can't imagine the obstacles they all have to climb just to reach some point of normalcy. Anyone who wants an interview could instead donate some funds to the family, so they can live with a certain amount of security and not give an interview until they're ready, if ever. JMO.

They are all in my prayers. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back