CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, FOUND DECEASED Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue discussions here.

I advise everyone to read the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]RULES OF WS[/ame] before participating. TIA.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found toward the bottom of the page.

Newbies

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I am sad such a tragedy is bringing us all together.

Is there a possibility that LE has lost track of their suspect? Just wondering why they would be stopping and talking to people in the area of where suspect lives.

Update (hln) just said LE is or has been at the POIs home today so where is the media when you need them?

Sadly, I think the entire case was contaminated. Annie disappeared on Tuesday...They locked the building down on Sunday, business as usual all week. Yea, they HAVE to have the i's dotted and t's crossed.

Bumping this from the last thread!

Cops descend on home of Yale lab technician eyed in murder of student Annie Le
Updated Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 3:00 PM
<snipped>
A swarm of cops has descended on the home of a Yale animal research technician who worked with murdered grad student Annie Le.

Public records show the lab tech lives in a first-floor apartment at the complex in Middletown, about 20 miles from the Yale, The Associated Press reports.

Police parked outside the Wharfside Commons apartment complex would not confirm they were there to investigate the Le killing. A man answering the door there said the lab tech wasn't at home and closed the door.

Cops say the tech is not in custody.

Police zeroed in on the man several days ago, after he failed lie detector tests and had scratches on his chest that suggest he was in a struggle.

Article:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_..._cause_of_death_hope_to_make_arrest_tues.html

:angel:

No Autopsy Today; Officials Gathering Near Middletown Apartment
3:47 p.m. EDT, September 15, 2009
<snipped>
But authorities are keeping watch on some of Le's co-workers and have gathered at an apartment complex in Middletown that may be the residence of a Yale animal research technician.

An official parked outside the Wharfside Commons apartment complex, asked whether he was there as part of the Le case, said only "I can't confirm or deny that rumor."

A man at the apartment Tuesday did not open the door but said he didn't know the man in question.

Neighbors said authorities in a gray SUV arrived Monday afternoon and frequently follow and pull over drivers in the complex. A woman who works inside the leasing office at the apartment complex said she had been instructed not to talk.

Article:
http://www.courant.com/news/connect...ct-annie-le-lab-technician-up,0,7500432.story

Bumping this from the last thread!

Cops descend on home of Yale lab technician eyed in murder of student Annie Le
Updated Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 3:00 PM
<snipped>
A swarm of cops has descended on the home of a Yale animal research technician who worked with murdered grad student Annie Le.

Public records show the lab tech lives in a first-floor apartment at the complex in Middletown, about 20 miles from the Yale, The Associated Press reports.

Police parked outside the Wharfside Commons apartment complex would not confirm they were there to investigate the Le killing. A man answering the door there said the lab tech wasn't at home and closed the door.

Cops say the tech is not in custody.

Police zeroed in on the man several days ago, after he failed lie detector tests and had scratches on his chest that suggest he was in a struggle.

Article:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_..._cause_of_death_hope_to_make_arrest_tues.html

The NY Daily News obviously knows who the suspect is so why are they not revealing name?

Is there a possibility that LE has lost track of their suspect? Just wondering why they would be stopping and talking to people in the area of where suspect lives.

I think they have...

Thanks for the new thread Christine.

During this pause I have been trying to figure out why the ME releasing a COD would impede the ongoing investigation.

Realizing last night it was intimated the test results coming back before 3 this afternoon is probably why they set the ME's results to be given at that hour. That duck would be in the row so to speak.

Yesterday on NG I heard De Lee say the DNA results could take a couple of days. That fits with this afternoon, right?

So IMO this delay has to do with some detail regarding how she was killed, in what manner, with what tool or equipment, etc. It could be something very simple that is much more complicated legally that LE needs to resolve, maybe even with the prosecutor's advice.

As an example, I am thinking that since we read right away the steam setting off an alarm was done on purpose by someone, and this is relative to her death in some way, it could be the lack of his fingerprint on that nob that is an issue.

Any ideas? xox

Sadly, I think the entire case was contaminated. Annie disappeared on Tuesday...They locked the building down on Sunday, business as usual all week. Yea, they HAVE to have the i's dotted and t's crossed.

With regards to dealing with evidence in court, 5 days for a body to lie hidden in a work environment is a complicated thing for a District Attorney to work out for the jury. It's definitely something a proficient DA can address effectively, but a significant gap of time does not help any case.

Thanks, I posted that because the name that matched the 1985 birthdate with the speeding violation was thanked in several published papers (along with 2-3 other techs) for invaluable assistance. Obviously an animal tech who cleans cages, etc would not be mentioned. But an "Animal Technician" IV or V might be acknowledged. Are we assuming that suspect is an Animal Technician I, or could he possibly be a higher level?
Thanks

I have never seen an animal room tech at any level thanked in a research paper- they're just not that involved in a single lab's work.

What that tells me is that he is most likely a high level research tech in the lab that published the papers. It's often a way of acknowledging the person who actually performed the experiments discussed in the paper without listing them as an author.

That's why I was uncomfortable with linking to his photo- I don't think that's the same guy listed as an animal tech. Labs don't invite animal techs in for photos- the two groups are generally pretty separate. IME

We don't know for sure what level/kind of tech the suspect is, but we have speculated from media tidbits (which may be all wrong) that it's an animal tech working in the Amistad facility. An animal tech stationed in one facility would tend to be a lower level tech. The higher level techs have expanded duties and are more likely to work in several facilities, in my experience.

From this article:

At a meeting of medical school students and teachers Monday, Yale president Richard Levin said police have narrowed the number of potential suspects to a very small pool because building security systems recorded who entered the building and what times they entered, the Yale Daily News reported Tuesday. He said the appropriate people are being monitored, the newspaper said.

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...ct-annie-le-lab-technician-up,0,7500432.story

O/T, but I wanted to say that I've been reading all the great information here and learning a lot. I was especially interested in Labrat's info. Anyway, I guess I've been reading on here too long, because I started noticing someone else's posts and I thought they had a cool handle, "Labrat". I was totally reading it as LA brat. I was actually thinking it could be my daughter posting. LOL :crazy: I think I'm losing my mind.

The NY Daily News obviously knows who the suspect is so why are they not revealing name?
no they don't. they are pulling an ap wire which they atrribute thus:
"Public records show the lab tech lives in a first-floor apartment at the complex in Middletown, about 20 miles from the Yale, The Associated Press reports."

So someone at AP knows . Why not give the name? because they undoubtably have several thresholds of clear and authoritative official sourcing before they tag someone as a murder suspect. Think "Richard Jewell" Those thresholds were probably not reached when the story was filed. It is less egregious an error to publish police activity at a residence than a actual name.,

With the report of an official SUV following and pulling over drivers, it also makes me wonder if they lost the suspect as well.

Thanks for the new thread Christine.

During this pause I have been trying to figure out why the ME releasing a COD would impede the ongoing investigation.

Realizing last night it was intimated the test results coming back before 3 this afternoon is probably why they set the ME's results to be given at that hour. That duck would be in the row so to speak.

Yesterday on NG I heard De Lee say the DNA results could take a couple of days. That fits with this afternoon, right?

So IMO this delay has to do with some detail regarding how she was killed, in what manner, with what tool or equipment, etc. It could be something very simple that is much more complicated legally that LE needs to resolve, maybe even with the prosecutor's advice.

As an example, I am thinking that since we read right away the steam setting off an alarm was done on purpose by someone, and this is relative to her death in some way, it could be the lack of his fingerprint on that nob that is an issue.

Any ideas? xox

Hi Scandi!

It was reported that the alarm was automatically triggered- not the kind you pull. Then it was reported later that they believed the alarm had nothing to do with Annie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage