853 users online (156 members and 697 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    501
    In the article below, one of the comments was from a person who said that the chases in the buildings he's worked at required a magnetic badge (I'm guessing that means ID card) to open them up. So those actions are recorded, just like the opening of doors in the labs.

    Since Amistad was a new building, and not an older one, did it or would it also have this feature for it's chases? That would make a lot of sense, to prevent any random person from opening up the chases and messing around inside.

    http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...45175622155.tx

    Chop wrote on Sep 14, 2009 11:50 PM:

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,939


    This is an example of a "fully loaded mechanical chase with HVAC ducts, electrical conduit and water lines."

    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 09-28-2009 at 11:08 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post


    This is an example of a "fully loaded mechanical chase with HVAC ducts, electrical conduit and water lines."

    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1
    I doubt the chase in which Annie's body was found looked like this. If there were any such HVAC ductwork in the chase in question, it could've and likely would've drawn and circulated at least some decomposition odor to any areas it serves.

    I still suspect the chase where she was found was simpler and shallower, and adjacent to/behind a bathroom wall in a location that corresponds to where a toilet and sink may be located. It's obviously enclosed. I doubt if there's any big opening to it above the lay-in ceiling or else the decomposition odor would've been more pervasive. Access panel doors to such chases close fairly tightly, but they don't make the chase absolutely air tight.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlock Homes View Post
    In the article below, one of the comments was from a person who said that the chases in the buildings he's worked at required a magnetic badge (I'm guessing that means ID card) to open them up. So those actions are recorded, just like the opening of doors in the labs.

    Since Amistad was a new building, and not an older one, did it or would it also have this feature for it's chases? That would make a lot of sense, to prevent any random person from opening up the chases and messing around inside.

    http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...45175622155.tx

    Chop wrote on Sep 14, 2009 11:50 PM:
    There are chases and there are chases. Some chases are more what I'd call mechanical rooms/closets and house, among other things, important electrical panels that include circuit breakers, etc. These are likely locked and not accessible to just anyone.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    56
    I've found a photo that looks like what I imagine is similar to the chase in question, but I can't cut and paste the image (copyright?).

    If an image search is performed using the words "access panel to pipes", a photo for a plumbing company (j***bay***.net) appears. I imagine a wider and deeper version of a chase like this as a possibility for the one in which Annie was found. The opening would be covered with a metal access panel door.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by PatientOne View Post
    I've found a photo that looks like what I imagine is similar to the chase in question, but I can't cut and paste the image (copyright?).

    If an image search is performed using the words "access panel to pipes", a photo for a plumbing company (j***bay***.net) appears. I imagine a wider and deeper version of a chase like this as a possibility for the one in which Annie was found. The opening would be covered with a metal access panel door.
    I can't find what you described. You should be able to post a link to the web page that has it without infringing on copyright.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,014
    Someone who has worked in maintenance/construction at the Yale med school, and who claims to have familiarity with the building says you can open the chases with a butter knife:

    http://www.newhavenindependent.org/a...can_get_in.php

    In the building I worked in, which was opened just a couple years ago and is in the same neighborhood, had chaces that were closed with what looked like small bolts - no swipe/card reader nearby.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl View Post
    Someone who has worked in maintenance/construction at the Yale med school, and who claims to have familiarity with the building says you can open the chases with a butter knife:

    http://www.newhavenindependent.org/a...can_get_in.php

    In the building I worked in, which was opened just a couple years ago and is in the same neighborhood, had chaces that were closed with what looked like small bolts - no swipe/card reader nearby.
    I hope the police fingerprinted the door that opens into the chase. If he was careless about swiping his card, I imagine his fingerprints would be all over the door/cover.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    40
    here's the image that PatientOne is referring to: http://johnbatorplumbing.net/resourc...c34ad8d26.jpeg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3


Similar Threads

  1. Back in the Building?
    By Nehemiah in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:53 PM

Tags for this Thread