Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Evidence -- Body, Blood, Clothes, etc.

Evidence -- Body, Blood, Clothes, etc.

We can discuss what we find out about the evidence at the scene (s) here.

What kind of clothes were in the ceiling?
    Are they RC's?
    What condition was Annie's body in?
    Where was blood found?
    Whose blood is it?
    Is RC's DNA under Annie's fingernails.
    Well, anyway, stuff like that.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

It was just released that she was strangled. Ok - next blaring question - where did the blood come from? We do know they found "bloody clothes" in the ceiling - so where did the blood come from? Do we know that yet?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SWAG1959 View Post
    It was just released that she was strangled. Ok - next blaring question - where did the blood come from? We do know they found "bloody clothes" in the ceiling - so where did the blood come from? Do we know that yet?
    Perhaps the rumors of some form of dismemberment are true?

not sure where to put this (put it in r clark thread too)

1) Does video camera show R Clark wearing different clothes before and after fire alarm?
    2) Do cell phone records show clark having left work (for the day) after the alarm? if so, how does he explain it? if not, where did he go in the building? ( I would assume he did not re-enter because he didnt retrieve his clothes)
    3) are there phone records that show him calling le beforehand?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to orangeeater For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Celt1997 View Post
    Perhaps the rumors of some form of dismemberment are true?
    oh no. I haven't heard that rumor - though I haven't been following this case that closely. Oh my. She was such a "little thing" anyway. Maybe he beat her up as well. Just make me sick to my stomach.

RIP Annie.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Just bringing this over from the discussion thread, seems like it could end up being pretty significant:

Quote Originally Posted by Momtofour View Post
    When he was questioned by the FBI, agents took note of numerous injuries on his body, the source said, including what appeared to be bruises and abrasions on his arms, a mark under his eye, a scratch on his right ear, and a bruise or deep scratch to his chest.

When questioned, he said some of the injuries were a scratch from a cat. Others he attributed to playing softball.

“He had excuses for everything,” the source said.

It was when officials started taking pictures of his injuries that Clark reportedly appeared to get nervous and asked for an attorney.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...9632844012.txt

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ChasingMoxie For This Useful Post:

Looks like she scratched RC up pretty badly. It could be his blood. I believe LE has stated that the blood on the clothes in the ceiling was not Annie's blood. I'll look for a quotation and link.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

oh no. I haven't heard that rumor - though I haven't been following this case that closely. Oh my. She was such a "little thing" anyway. Maybe he beat her up as well. Just make me sick to my stomach.

RIP Annie.
    It was a rumor I saw being discussed in another thread, although I do not know where it originated from.

I was under the impression that the bloody clothes are the killer's and that Annie scratched him on the chest as she fought for her life which, to my mind, completely jibes with death by strangulation. I've mentioned before that I'm so glad she put up such a good fight. Did you see the biceps on RC? Petite Annie was way overmatched but it would be wonderful if she managed to leave evidence behind to catch her killer.

ETA link with references to scratches on RC's chest and the blood on the clothes belonging to the killer:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...ay_police.html
    Last edited by gxm; 09-16-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: adding link
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Did anyone hear the most recent Fox News report? Were they talking about e-mails between Annie and the suspect?

Found it..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,550740,00.html
    Last edited by Amster; 09-16-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: found a link
    IMO

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    The fact that they have a conclusive COD as strangulation encourages me.

We can hope for presence of DNA-body evidence, in particular evidence of the killer's DNA on body.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    “The results of the forensic analysis from the crime lab will either rule in or rule out our person of interest in this case,” New Haven Assistant Police Chief Peter Reichard said Wednesday morning. “If he’s ruled out, it’s back to the drawing board” where detectives will examine other people who had contact with Le, 24, a graduate student in pharmacology.

“If he’s ruled in, the course of action would be seeking a custodial arrest of the subject.”
    http://www.middletownpress.com/artic...f985520966.txt
    This bee my opinion

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Change of Clothes

I posted this on the gen. discussion thread before I realized there were individual topic thread...probably why lurkers shouldn't post!

______

Is there any further detail available in regards to the clothes that were found, or if RC was seen on video arriving at the building in one outfit, and leaving in a different one? I'm curious to know how common it would be for an animal tech to keep a change of clothes at the lab? My layman assumption is that the tech's clothing would be protected by a lab coat -- is that the 'bloody clothing' that was found?

If the clothing in question was something more akin to pants and/or a shirt, I wonder how new, clean clothing was obtained. For instance, do the techs have lockers where clean clothes can be stored in case they're ever needed? Or is having a change of clothes at work more of a rarity, perhaps suggesting premeditation? My other thought was that maybe someone brought him a change of clothes upon request. Then again, we probably don't have enough information to even discuss this aspect....

Heather

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hadiehl For This Useful Post:

A "source" (Your guess is as good as mine as to who that might be) says this about some evidence:

...The source said evidence recovered from the crime scene indicates that Le was killed in a different room in the basement laboratory and then moved to a second room where the crawl space was located.

The source said only someone with intimate knowledge of the layout of the laboratory would have been able to access the crawl space.

The source said tiny droplets of blood were found in one of the laboratory rooms where police now believe the murder took place. The blood is being analyzed at the state forensic laboratory...

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...,4101796.story
    7:51 p.m. EDT, September 15, 2009
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    A Connecticut police lab is expediting tests on the DNA of the "person of interest" in the Yale killing so he can be charged or vindicated soon.
    State police Lt. Paul Vance said Wednesday that the case has been put to the top of the pack of DNA samples awaiting testing.
    Twenty-four-year-old graduate student Annie Le was suffocated and her body stuffed behind a wall in her lab building. Animal lab technician Raymond Clark III was questioned by police Wednesday.
    Authorities want to test DNA taken from Clark's hair, fingernails and saliva. They want to compare it with more than 150 pieces of evidence.
    University of Connecticut genetics professor Linda Straus Baugh (BOW') says testing can be done in days if a case gets top priority.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...M9IbwD9AOKOI00
    This bee my opinion

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

"Blood splatter were found on a laundry cart and a bead from her necklace was found on the floor of the basement lab where she was killed and stuffed into a wall panel.

ABC News has also learned that Clark sent a text message to Le early Tuesday, Sept. 8, requesting a meeting to discuss the cleanliness of research mice, with which Le was working and which Clark was in charge of overseeing. "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/annie-le-su...ory?id=8588970

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    "Blood splatter were found on a laundry cart and a bead from her necklace was found on the floor of the basement lab where she was killed and stuffed into a wall panel.

ABC News has also learned that Clark sent a text message to Le early Tuesday, Sept. 8, requesting a meeting to discuss the cleanliness of research mice, with which Le was working and which Clark was in charge of overseeing. "

Thanks for posting that crucial piece of information about the text. That was the day she went missing. That was probably the summons Puffster referred to.
    Last edited by Harmony2; 09-16-2009 at 05:39 PM.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Harmony2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post

This will definitely help establish premeditation if he is the one who killed her.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Here is some discussion about him on video surveillance. Not known yet whether the clothes he was wearing while leaving were different than when he arrived...

Video surveillance (circumstantial) evidence:
    Snip: "Clark left the building at the time of a fire alarm. Surveillance camera footage is said to show him looking considerably more distraught than could be explained by a simple evacuation." http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...bout_mice.html

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MWright For This Useful Post:

Swipe card evidence on day Annie was missing, also from NY Daily News...

"Investigators also noted swipe card records that are said to show Clark usually went through the building in an orderly fashion in accordance with the demands of his work.

But the swipe card records from the day Le disappeared show Clark moving from room to room with no apparent logic, at points going to places unrelated to his job.

Such a pattern might fit somebody who was frenetically searching for a place to hide a body."

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...bout_mice.html

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MWright For This Useful Post:

More on cause of death:

Dr. Henry Lee, a nationally known forensic scientist and former director of Connecticut's crime laboratory, said the cause of Le's death was "external force applied to the neck," but may not necessarily mean someone strangled her.

"It could be any heavy object," he told The Associated Press. "It could be a hand, it could be anything."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/WireStory?id=8586817&page=2

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

I have information that police have confiscated bloody surgical gloves.

41. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TonyGatto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by puffster View Post
    So you post it anyway...you could have saved me the headache!

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    So you post it anyway...you could have saved me the headache!
    Sorry. I post when I can.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyGatto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by puffster View Post
    do you have a link or a source?

46. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast