1460 users online (273 members and 1187 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shlock Homes View Post
    The alarm could have been used as a decoy to get people out of the building so Annie Le's body could be moved, if she was dead at that point.
    Surveillance caught RC outside during the time period after the alarm went off so he couldn't have moved the body during that time, unless an accomplice moved it. However, LE has stated there will be no additional arrests (time will tell).

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    Surveillance caught RC outside during the time period after the alarm went off so he couldn't have moved the body during that time, unless an accomplice moved it. However, LE has stated there will be no additional arrests (time will tell).
    That's if you're assuming Ray Clark did it. I'm thinking whoever did it used the alarm as a decoy. If I was Ray Clark, and I committed murder, I would have used that as an excuse to tell everyone to leave the basement area and then proceed to hide the body. So maybe it was used as a cover for someone else. Any idea how long the alarm was active? And if everyone exited the lab area?

That's if you're assuming Ray Clark did it. I'm thinking whoever did it used the alarm as a decoy. If I was Ray Clark, and I committed murder, I would have used that as an excuse to tell everyone to leave the basement area and then proceed to hide the body. So maybe it was used as a cover for someone else. Any idea how long the alarm was active? And if everyone exited the lab area?
    BBM -I have no idea but the police have that information. If anyone was in the areas of the crime scenes at that crucial time period I am positive they would have been looked at very closely.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/ci...-unrelated-le/

The fire alarm that sounded at 10 Amistad St. on the day Annie Le GRD 13 was murdered had nothing to do with her death, New Haven Police Department Chief James Lewis said Monday.

In a wide-ranging interview in his office at police headquarters, Lewis said authorities have uncovered no evidence to support the theory that the alarm was set off by the person who strangled Le to death or by an accomplice.
    The chief also said that Les accused killer, Yale animal lab technician Raymond Clark III, is likely to remain the only person arrested in connection with her murder.

BBM -I have no idea but the police have that information. If anyone was in the areas of the crime scenes at that crucial time period I am positive they would have been looked at very closely.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/ci...-unrelated-le/
    They asked for DNA from various people in addition to Ray Clark, so they must have had others in mind. You can't just ask everyone on campus to give a sample for the sake of having it. That's what bothers me about police asking for such things before they make an arrest. You're assuming everyone is guilty. You don't know what happens to that DNA sample you give.

That behavior aroused investigators' suspicions about Raymond Clark III, but the final piece that led to his arrest Thursday morning was the discovery that evidence in the ceiling and in the crawl space where Le's body was found contained the DNA of both Le and Clark, according to the law enforcement official who spoke to The Courant on the condition of anonymity.
    Isn't DNA wonderful?

They asked for DNA from various people in addition to Ray Clark, so they must have had others in mind. You can't just ask everyone on campus to give a sample for the sake of having it. That's what bothers me about police asking for such things before they make an arrest. You're assuming everyone is guilty. You don't know what happens to that DNA sample you give.
    bold is mine

IIRC, they followed card swipes and narrowed it down to Ray Clark as being everywhere that Annie's card was swiped. Others were there along the way, and it was probably those people that they asked for DNA.

Re the bold text. I might be misunderstanding you but don't the police HAVE to assume ANYONE could be the guilty person? Isn't that better than focusing only on ONE before you have forensic evidence?

The problem with focusing on just one person is that you get tunnel vision and when the evidence points to the contrary, you want to solve this case so badly, you're willing to ignore it. Investigators are human. But the focus on the wrong person also gives time for that actual perp to clear up his tracks.

I guess we'll just have to wait until the trial to see what kind of hard evidence they have to place Clark at the crime scene and the disposal scene. Like I've said before, card swipes can be done by others (if the swipes are definitive proof of murder) and DNA can be planted. If she has his DNA under her nails, that would be more convincing to me.

The problem with focusing on just one person is that you get tunnel vision and when the evidence points to the contrary, you want to solve this case so badly, you're willing to ignore it. Investigators are human. But the focus on the wrong person also gives time for that actual perp to clear up his tracks.

I guess we'll just have to wait until the trial to see what kind of hard evidence they have to place Clark at the crime scene and the disposal scene. Like I've said before, card swipes can be done by others (if the swipes are definitive proof of murder) and DNA can be planted. If she has his DNA under her nails, that would be more convincing to me.
    What evidence is pointing to the contrary? Please post your sources so that we can have this additional evidence.
    Last edited by Emily Booth; 09-25-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Booth View Post
    What evidence is pointing to the contrary? Please post your sources so that we can have this additional evidence.
    I wish I could. The nameless, faceless sources are only giving evidence to the media that pushes the idea that Clark killed Le.

The only thing I can do is show that people should not rush to judgment because what the police or sources aren't saying could be even more important in clearing Clark than what is being published.

The most damning evidence that can find would be Ray's skin cells under Annie's nails. Otherwise, much of what they are saying could be faked, or misinterpreted as evidence of guilt (like card swipes into areas he was not supposed normally go into).

We'll know more when the arrest warrant is unsealed October 6.

If it was premeditated (and I think it was), then he had the time to move the body. The constant card swipes I think were the result of hasty cleanup. And how could anyone else even get into this building if not through the the usual entry points all of which having security cameras, right? If someone else was involved, I'm sure they would know by now.

Quote Originally Posted by septc View Post
    If it was premeditated (and I think it was), then he had the time to move the body. The constant card swipes I think were the result of hasty cleanup. And how could anyone else even get into this building if not through the the usual entry points all of which having security cameras, right? If someone else was involved, I'm sure they would know by now.
    Many people have been wrongly convicted, and perhaps even were executed on death row, only later to have been found to be innocent.

The problem I have right now is that the case has taken way too long to go to trial. I don't know if this is unusual in a murder case in CT. We can't say for sure Raymond Clark is guilty, but my point is that if he is found innocent, then the trail for the real killer is a year old.

I've mentioned many times the difficulties I find in Clark being the culprit or the only culprit. Since there is no video recording of him murdering or moving a body around, we have to depend on whether he had the physical ability to do all of that within the time frame they've given. They've alleged that he committed a heinous crime, hid the body, changed his blood covered clothing, and no one saw a thing. And not to mention, he stayed until the end of his shift, rather than leaving suddenly earlier than normal.

I want the trial to commence soon so we can find out for sure.

With Raymond Clark's plea of guilty, this tragic case reaches its penultimate phase.

One only hopes that he shows remorse for this brutal killing of such a gentle, talented woman.

P.S. I think that the negotiations for a plea deal have been proceeding even longer than previous dropped hints by Clark's lawyers suggest. I also thought that it was significant that his girlfriend and father voiced support of him, but did not declare their faith in his innocence.
    Last edited by Chanler; 03-15-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3