Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Autopsy Results

Quote Originally Posted by Shlock Homes View Post
    Will the autopsy also include toxicology tests? In case she was given a sedative before killed? They didn't mention any defensive wounds or bruising on the body, did they?
    I think toxicology is routinely included. Don't know if it will be in the report, but I'm betting it will be. We may not hear the evidence until it's presented in court, from what I understand.
    'Ailina - Freelance Author, Home Educator
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ailinawillis

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ailina View Post
    I think toxicology is routinely included. Don't know if it will be in the report, but I'm betting it will be. We may not hear the evidence until it's presented in court, from what I understand.

I can absolutely confirm that toxicology was ordered within the scope of the post

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joypath For This Useful Post:

Will the autopsy also include toxicology tests? In case she was given a sedative before killed? They didn't mention any defensive wounds or bruising on the body, did they?

Toxicology is performed on all homicide death (and many many others ) seen at the CT ME's office. Screening for barbiturates and benzodiazepines are part of the routine testing (urine) and quantatiative levels are determined from other body fluids.

The gross anatomy evaluation has NOT been released at this time, will definitely be released during the trial BUT CT is NOT the same as other States (ie Fla) where documents are released to the general public.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joypath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joypath View Post
    Toxicology is performed on all homicide death (and many many others ) seen at the CT ME's office. Screening for barbiturates and benzodiazepines are part of the routine testing (urine) and quantatiative levels are determined from other body fluids.

The gross anatomy evaluation has NOT been released at this time, will definitely be released during the trial BUT CT is NOT the same as other States (ie Fla) where documents are released to the general public.
    So if we won't have access to the documents, will we still have access to the information, via court proceedings?

Further, aside from the autopsy information presented in court, is there a possibility there will be some autopsy information not presented in court, so we may never know the full contents of the autopsy?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ailina View Post
    So if we won't have access to the documents, will we still have access to the information, via court proceedings?

Further, aside from the autopsy information presented in court, is there a possibility there will be some autopsy information not presented in court, so we may never know the full contents of the autopsy?

More than likely some of the information will be "leaked" (but not by me!) and some of the information will be available during the court case, UNLESS sealed by the court! or redacted, again by the court.

Anser to the second part: possibly.....for example, the actual weight of the organs.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joypath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by debirlfan View Post
    Trying not to be indelicate here, but I'm not sure there is a nice way to phrase it... Given the rumors that went around regarding dismemberment, and the report that the perp did not cut up the body - and knowing how a body changes as it decays, is there a possibility that the police might have been forced to dismember her in order to get her out of the chase?

NO WAY...they would have cut open the wall in order to get her out. No way would they destroy her body and and possibly any evidence that would lead them to her killer. It's very easy to cut open a wall, much easier than cutting open a car - which is done everyday to get dead people out.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JL50ish For This Useful Post:

Joypath, I just wanted to say thank you for joining Websleuths. Your insight seems very keen. Thanks for the discussion regarding scratches and dismemberment. I saw on the news, as well as online, that Raymond had scratches on his chest. Then it was reported in the media that he had scratches on chest, arm, and back. Then puffster informed one of his/her sources said Annie was cut up pretty bad. The the media mentioned dismemberment. I've been going with she was cut so bad she could have looked dismembered. Now it's back to square one with just scratches on his chest. That's what the chief said, so that's what I'm going with...until it's confirmed. I have to say, though, everything puffster has posted from his/her sources has ended up being correct. That gives me reason to pause. I hurried to logon and acknowledge you. Your information is much needed. Thanks so very much.

Can't keep my eyes open any longer. Sweet dreams everyone.

Jersey

Agent Scully, Sloof, RDM64 - welcome to all of you, too. With the exception of the horrible circumstance, the interacting dialogue is incredibly interesting. Very nice to get so many different perspectives from varios avenues related to this mystery, and be able to put it all together as a group. Thanks!
    Last edited by Jersey*Girl; 09-19-2009 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Addition of other members.

he had defensive wounds. She was struck.

I think the odds are she was punched in the face and strangled (hence the blood on the accused's shoes)
    Quote Originally Posted by debirlfan View Post
    Trying not to be indelicate here, but I'm not sure there is a nice way to phrase it... Given the rumors that went around regarding dismemberment, and the report that the perp did not cut up the body - and knowing how a body changes as it decays, is there a possibility that the police might have been forced to dismember her in order to get her out of the chase?
    No, they got her out intact. they opened the wall to make that easy and to look for and protect other evidence besides the body itself (things belonging to the perp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rdm64 For This Useful Post:

Angry

Does anyone know if Annie was sexually assualted in any way by this creep?
    George Eliot: "We constantly ask for God's mercy while showing none ourselves..."

Quote Originally Posted by annmarie62 View Post
    Does anyone know if Annie was sexually assualted in any way by this creep?

Per standard protocol, a sexual assault kit evaluation was processed....results are NOT released, keep watch IF the Oct. 6 day in court results in significant changes in the charges.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joypath For This Useful Post:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...jtrH2luFH8HrtI

I just saw this, and while it's not quite autopsy results, it is something that would be noted in the autopsy. Let me know if there is a better place to discuss.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

I am a fan of Nancy Grace on facebook, and she said that she will be talking about this on her show tonight.
    If I had known my grandchildren would be so much fun, I would have had them first!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caroline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...jtrH2luFH8HrtI

I just saw this, and while it's not quite autopsy results, it is something that would be noted in the autopsy. Let me know if there is a better place to discuss.
    Thank you Noway - I can't believe what I just read. Bones broken to fit Annie in the small space!!!! How sick!!! No doubt that this guy is as barbaric as a caveman and as sick as they come. YIKES!!!
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by noway View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...jtrh2lufh8hrti

i just saw this, and while it's not quite autopsy results, it is something that would be noted in the autopsy. Let me know if there is a better place to discuss.
    o......m.......g......

26. The Following User Says Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

The New Haven police chief made a statement today saying that (specifically) the New York Post article about AL's body being mangled is incorrect. He says that he's correcting the misinformation at the request of the State's Attorney.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...,2304773.story

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Skigirl For This Useful Post:

I have a feeling it is correct. They said they're trying to stop leaks, so maybe they're trying to use reverse psychology with this one.

Let's assume he did crush her, how could he have done it? It's not possible with one's bare hands. Maybe something mechanical.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Shlock Homes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Thank you Noway - I can't believe what I just read. Bones broken to fit Annie in the small space!!!! How sick!!! No doubt that this guy is as barbaric as a caveman and as sick as they come. YIKES!!!
    On Nancy Grace's show tonight, LE is saying that report is not true!!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    On Nancy Grace's show tonight, LE is saying that report is not true!!
    I challenge LE to prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    I challenge LE to prove it!

Whereas I challenge the news organization to prove their commentary and site the statements in scientific terms or present the gross anatomy diagram, I will add that after 5 days of decomposition, the body to the casual observer would appear quite traumatized and difficult to observe, especially as one considers the effects of gravity on the body.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joypath For This Useful Post:

Personally, if the story is wrong, I'm very glad.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

I have a feeling it is correct. They said they're trying to stop leaks, so maybe they're trying to use reverse psychology with this one.

Let's assume he did crush her, how could he have done it? It's not possible with one's bare hands. Maybe something mechanical.

Unfortunately, it is possible to fracture human bones with bare hands and definitely dislocate bones when the victim is deceased. IF one were to do this damage, think chest compression to snap ribs, strong, hard downward pulling to disjoint the arm sockets, backward pressure to snap a wrist and the opposite twisting to snap an ankle, violent twisting to dislocate a patella, a backward hard pressure to disarticulate a cervical juncture.....and then of course the heavy duty boots to make even more body modifications.

Easier to use something mechanical and heavy: perhaps a feed cart?

Now that I've added the possible manner of disarticulation and fracture, remember that IF these actions were perpretrated, the body has absolutely NO muscle tone, rigor had not yet set in, and the body would be similiar to a "rag doll" to manipulate. Remember also that irregular bone breakages can protrude thru the skin causing even more leakage than the typical purge of death.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joypath For This Useful Post:

I think it's just the Post's usual MO of sensationalism. I'd definitely believe something the Chief said, particularly when he quotes the state's attorney as having made the request, over the Post.

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sola.N For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately, it is possible to fracture human bones with bare hands and definitely dislocate bones when the victim is deceased. IF one were to do this damage, think chest compression to snap ribs, strong, hard downward pulling to disjoint the arm sockets, backward pressure to snap a wrist and the opposite twisting to snap an ankle, violent twisting to dislocate a patella, a backward hard pressure to disarticulate a cervical juncture.....and then of course the heavy duty boots to make even more body modifications.

Now that I've added the possible manner of disarticulation and fracture, remember that IF these actions were perpretrated, the body has absolutely NO muscle tone, rigor had not yet set in, and the body would be similiar to a "rag doll" to manipulate. Remember also that irregular bone breakages can protrude thru the skin causing even more leakage than the typical purge of death.
    The description you give is so very vivid! My problem is that I can see animal Clark doing those very acts of violence. I don't care for the psychopath, I think he's capable of the worst. If I remember correctly, most all the leaks thus far have been acknowledged as accurate.
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    I think if his worst injuries were on his neck and back then Annie could have pulled his shirt over his head, which is something that commonly happens in fights
    Hmm, I truly doubt she was tall enough or strong enough to do that. She was very small in build, and he looks stocky and strong. But yes, she could have scratched him under his shirt if they struggled.

I think the reason we don't see any cuts on him is simple - the wounds had healed by the time he was arrested.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

44. The Following User Says Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

We own real estate and I can picture just the type of space where Annie's body was found. The dimensions of spaces like this can vary widely. Our plumbers have installed many access doors to them that are indeed about the size of a computer monitor. And the depth behind them can often be less than a foot. They're usually no bigger than they need to be -- landlords want as much usable square footage as possible. It makes me wonder if the NY Post article isn't more accurate than LE claims in their denial.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to PatientOne For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast