Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Autopsy Results

re. traumatic asphyxia

Neck compression doesn't necessarily mean he did it with his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    This article says it was due to neck compression.

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,1384620.story

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi Rdm, There are several things that tell me he didn't just remove a panel and stuff her in, based on what we have read*:

* LE searched all the chases originally. The panels are said to be easily opened even with a butter knife. That means her body was not visible to the searchers and the dogs were skewed by the odors in the lab.

* Her body was difficult to extricate from the chase and by Sunday evening was still trapped there. They had to go up several feet and cut a hole in the chase to get her out.

* Her body was moved to a different place or room from where she was killed.

I think those three facts {if they are the case} go to show she was probably pushed through an opening in the chase from above, pushed thru those plywood panels and dropped onto the conduit and pipes below. And I think it could have been accessed through a dropped ceiling where it meets a wall.

Really I would love to have my theory disproved as it is so haunting to me. IMO
    Sorry this is not accurate. you are forgetting that the crime investigators in removing the body were attempting to preserve evidence and dealing with a decomposing (5 day) body which would be bloated.

It would not be from above but simply removing a access panel (the woudl be regular ones of about 2'x3" or larger) and wrestling the body in. The person shoving the body in woudl be doing so before rigor mortis and before bloat, the people removing the body would be dealing with all kinds of after affects of decomposition plus an interest in preserving evidence.

As far as here body being moved, if she was killed in the perps work area he may not have wished to place r her there but in a more out of he way place, and his work area may have had no access panels to the chases.

I think all the access panels were searched before the discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    bold by me..............where you there??? Are you media? LE? student? help us
    I know one of the score or more reporters who knew the condition of the body from the score of people who dealt with pulling it out and transporting it.

That is why I said from the beginning that the reports the body was cut up were totally false and by all appearance it was strangulation.

Teh simplest sceario is often the case and it appears to be the case here. Perp is mad about something work related or personal. He argues with victim, perhaps at some point strikes or grabs her, and she tells him he is going to be fired. I really doubt he planed to kill her since it is an idiotic crime scene. But he goes past the point of no return and face to face strangles her or choke holds her. He set off an alarm, gets a laundry cart, scouts a place to stuff her body in, does so and leaves.

By the way some of the side talk on traumatic asphyxia involving cars or furniture is off the mark. strangulation results in traumatic asphyxia as does a choke hold. you can asphyxiate in a plastic bag or from carbon monoxide, the "trauma" does not have to involve anything huge, it refers to creating a pathology in the body, say the crushing or closing of a windpipe with ones hands or forearm. Strangulation results in a death by traumatic asphyxia.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rdm64 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    Just strangling someone isnt particularly bloody. Nor are the kind of wounds you get just fighting with someone. The amount of blood supposedly found on the clothes in the ceiling is interesting. ...

I notice in the news today www.foxnews.com it says that he may have had an accomplice...
    Not much blood was found on the clothing. it was his.

the access panel OPENING was 2x3 to 2x2, the open area behind was bigger that you could fit a 150lb person in.

The accomplice leak is more about people who may have helped him after he left. it is common to try and pressure material witnesses who may have had some knowledge after the crime that they should have reported this way. they may simply wish to pressure someone who may have lent him a jacket to leave with or someone may have given a false alibi in the initial investigation interviews, we know several relatives leaved nearby as well as his fiance.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdm64 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by agent_scully View Post
    Not except that use of the hands or chokehold is more than sufficient and it is the vast majority of male on female traumatic asphyxia.

"traumatic asphyxia" in murder is almost always strangulation face to face by hand, second would be strangulation by a choke hold. it doesn't rule out an object but a reasonably powerful young man (and his forearms look like he works out a bit) strangling a 90lb 4'11" woman would be easy.

the act of strangulation also can lead to unconsciousness in less then ten seconds because you are not just constricting the airflow but the blood flow to the brain. In some military training you are shown how to do this in a way that will render an opponent unconscious a few seconds.
    -ability to shout or cry out: immediately ended.
    -consciousness: ended in >10 seconds
    - permanent damage to the windpipe that will result in death within minutes without intervention such as tracheotomy: immediate.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdm64 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by agent_scully View Post
    Oh I know but with the injuries to his face, chest and arms I initially envisioned manual strangulation with them facing each other. I am still trying to construct a sequence of events as information is revealed and as I discover more about traumatic asphyxia. It is very possible an object in the room (like a broom handle for example) was used to asphyxiate her. The video I posted in the first page of this thread enumerated various methods. I am not fixated on the manual strangulation even though media accounts have made it appear like that is what happened.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Harmony2 For This Useful Post:

Oh I know but with the injuries to his face, chest and arms I initially envisioned manual strangulation with them facing each other. I am still trying to construct a sequence of events as information is revealed and as I discover more about traumatic asphyxia. It is very possible an object in the room (like a broom handle for example) was used to asphyxiate her. The video I posted in the first page of this thread enumerated various methods. I am not fixated on the manual strangulation even though media accounts have made it appear like that is what happened.
    I agree Harmony2, at this point all of the theories on how she suffered traumatic asphyxia are applicable. We can't really rule any valid theory out.

Quote Originally Posted by rdm64 View Post
    Not except that use of the hands or chokehold is more than sufficient and it is the vast majority of male on female traumatic asphyxia.

"traumatic asphyxia" in murder is almost always strangulation face to face by hand, second would be strangulation by a choke hold. it doesn't rule out an object but a reasonably powerful young man (and his forearms look like he works out a bit) strangling a 90lb 4'11" woman would be easy.

the act of strangulation also can lead to unconsciousness in less then ten seconds because you are not just constricting the airflow but the blood flow to the brain. In some military training you are shown how to do this in a way that will render an opponent unconscious a few seconds.
    -ability to shout or cry out: immediately ended.
    -consciousness: ended in >10 seconds
    - permanent damage to the windpipe that will result in death within minutes without intervention such as tracheotomy: immediate.
    This is something that really may have happened. Given the description of the cause of death being traumatic asphyxia. In my mind, that tells me that the delicate organs in her neck were probably crushed. JMHO.

Now how those organs got crushed is up to speculation at this point in time.

He could have very well used an object of some type.
    Or he could have very well used his hands.

The end result would be a crushing injury that resulted in permanent injury to an organ in her neck and even if he had let up on the object he was using or loosened his grasp on her neck...the result would have been death given the ME's use of words.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Oh I know but with the injuries to his face, chest and arms I initially envisioned manual strangulation with them facing each other.
    Everyone has seen the arrest, courtroom and booking photos/video... yet I don't see any facial injuries on RC. Was that a media fabrication?

Also his lower arms showed no scratchmarks, I thought it was interesting that he chose to wear a short sleeve shirt to court.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sloof For This Useful Post:

Trying not to be indelicate here, but I'm not sure there is a nice way to phrase it... Given the rumors that went around regarding dismemberment, and the report that the perp did not cut up the body - and knowing how a body changes as it decays, is there a possibility that the police might have been forced to dismember her in order to get her out of the chase?

Quote Originally Posted by Sloof View Post
    Everyone has seen the arrest, courtroom and booking photos/video... yet I don't see any facial injuries on RC. Was that a media fabrication?
    Sloof I also had an eagle eye on his body looking for those marks. I simply do not know if it was a media fabrication. I recall reading that when LE asked him to photograph his body, he asked for a lawyer but also do not know if that may have been a fabrication.

From what I understand, they will cut up the area surrounding the body before they will touch the body. Preserving evidence is paramount-even over property remaining intact, debirlfan.
    Last edited by t93; 09-18-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: clarifying and adding who I am responding to

I've also not seen any obvious scratches in all of the recent photos of RC. If they were bad enough to draw blood, would they already be healed up?

Or are we thinking the blood was from AL's head? (as head wounds tend to bleed a bit more profusely)

I don't have the photo, but there was a slideshow on our local news which showed him getting into a vehicle when he was arrested. If you look above the crook of his elbow on the inside of his left arm there appears to be a mark of some sort which could be a gouge with a scratch.

I can't find the slideshow where they had the photo now. Sorry.
    Last edited by SeriouslySearching; 09-18-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

I also saw what looked to be a very large bruise on his inner left arm, right above the elbow, when he appeared in court yesterday.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PatientOne For This Useful Post:

Are you sure you didn't see the blurry image of a tattoo? He has one on each arm left and right. It looks like they circle his arms.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast