The Wedding

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Please post all the information pertaining to Annie and Jon's wedding plans here.

Annie and Jon's wedding plans.....
this particular thread makes my heart hurt......:(

I find it somewhat interesting that these 2 are getting married while being grad students in different universities (she was a 3rd year doctoral student, which meant quite a few more years to go).

I guess they didn't plan to live together immediately after marriage? Or perhaps her fiance already has a job lined up in CT?

One of my friends did her post doc at Yale and commuted to NYC. He's at Columbia -- not around the corner, but not that difficult.

Annie Le, fiance aimed to give back, wedding registry shows
They had no way of knowing what the future would bring when the couple signed up for a gift registry on WeddingChannel.com.

But they dreamed.

And they did what young couples usually do.

They selected a store, Macy's. They picked the silverware, towels and the bed linens. They picked out a vacuum cleaner, a sewing machine and a colorful gravy boat.

And they did something special. They also selected a charity - the I Have a Dream Foundation, which works to guarantee that all children can pursue a higher education - from a list of more than 100 compiled by WeddingChannel.com and a second, Washington, D.C.-based group called the I Do Foundation, which links engaged couples to charities.
The couple's gift registry, a hopeful sign of the future they wanted together - and should have had - was still online Monday.

http://www.am-ny.com/long-island/annie-le-fiance-aimed-to-give-back-wedding-registry-shows-1.1447887

^^I was just coming to post this. I hope that the charity they chose benefits from this publicity-in her name.

I feel so, so bad for Annie's husband to be. I just can't imagine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back