Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Motive For Murder

Motive For Murder

Possible motives for murder include jealousy, rage, arguments over the mice, sexual assault or other reasons. Please discuss motives here:
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Possible motives for murder include jealousy, rage, arguments over the mice, sexual assault or other reasons. Please discuss motives here:
    This is the million dollar question, here. I believe that sexual frustration is probably the root cause of him murdering but I believe he was angry with her for something that probably occured that day in the Lab.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roy23 For This Useful Post:

Quote from Connecticut News:

>snip
    In May, Clark’s girlfriend wrote on her MySpace page about a rumor that her boyfriend, whom she calls Ray, was cheating on her with the girl who works at the Yale lab.>snip

Clark's in love with Le, according to Clark's girlfriend they were having an affair. Clark became obessive because he could not have Le. Anger provoked the strangulation of Le which is considered a personal act.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KR2tonenow For This Useful Post:

I can't help but think of the Texas cadet murder as someone mentioned in a previous thread. Maybe RC and Annie did have a fling or a one night stand and JH had something to do with her murder due to jealousy, or she put Ray up to it to "cleanse" their relationship.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misfitdolly For This Useful Post:

Don't take offense but I think suggesting that JH is involved in this death is quite a shame based on the facts that we do know.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roy23 For This Useful Post:

As of early this afternoon, I don't see a motive yet. JMHO. I'm eager to hear what the motive was though.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

I think so too as she is innocent at this point and there is nothing released at this point to suggest she was involved but this thread is for throwing around possible motives and she did have a myspace post that indicated there was a rumor of RC having an affair with someone in the lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    Don't take offense but I think suggesting that JH is involved in this death is quite a shame based on the facts that we do know.
    I won't take offense, but I also don't see the harm in looking into theories that do include JH. We do know a little bit about her from her MySpace page and there are some things she said that could possibly link her to this somehow. Nothing is concrete at this stage in the case, and I'll entertain all ideas right now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Celt1997 For This Useful Post:

and from Fox news article today:

>snip
    Among the possible motives detectives are mulling over is Clark's reported criticism of Le for her handling of the lab mice the two worked with, according to the New York Daily News.
    Citing e-mails the pair reportedly exchanged, the Daily News said Clark had accused Le of failing to follow protocol when handling the mice, and she'd promised to do better.>snip

This may be a stretch.

But, I do think that there were many LONG hours spent in this lab with NO survelliance, who knows what happens...a secret love connection gone sour.

The emails exchanges between Ray and Annie seem interesting...Ray was accusing Annie of not following protocol with the lab mice. The murder seems more sexual to me though. Perhaps Ray was infatuated with Annie and used the lab mice protocol thing as a reason to contact Annie via email and have conversations with her? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,550740,00.html

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FishingFunnyFrog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KR2tonenow View Post
    Quote from Connecticut News:

>snip
    In May, Clark’s girlfriend wrote on her MySpace page about a rumor that her boyfriend, whom she calls Ray, was cheating on her with the girl who works at the Yale lab.>snip

Clark's in love with Le, according to Clark's girlfriend they were having an affair. Clark became obessive because he could not have Le. Anger provoked the strangulation of Le which is considered a personal act.
    The article says "In May,......I believe it was May, 2008? Anyone else remember?

"There are two kinds of fools: those who can't change their opinions, and those who won't" ..... Josh Billings

LE and the coroner have not yet released whether or not Annie was raped or sexually assaulted. If so, that would change my theories.

I'm between the prep being obsessed with her, or that Annie may have witnessed him do something bad at the lab and was going to report him.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:

It seems strange that RC would have the guts to call out Annie on protocol issues. Annie was a brilliant scholar, but is it correct that Ray didn't even go to college?

Quote Originally Posted by Celt1997 View Post
    I won't take offense, but I also don't see the harm in looking into theories that do include JH. We do know a little bit about her from her MySpace page and there are some things she said that could possibly link her to this somehow. Nothing is concrete at this stage in the case, and I'll entertain all ideas right now.
    Fair Enough.

For me she is going to be a victim as well until we hear something that remotely could implicate her. Even if Raymond did have an affair, nothing indicates that it was with Annie. A whole lot of girls work in the Lab and we have heard of nothing that indicates that Annie had an affair. And her friends have been on the news everyday.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roy23 For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    On the general thread, soon to be closed, there was ongoing discussion regarding Annie's ethnicity and it's possible meaning to the killer and how it might be related to motive.

In light of those discussions, I'm bringing the following statistics here for the review of those interested:

http://collegesearch.collegeboard.co...collegeId=4123

Yale 1st year class - Student Body

6% In-state students
    94% Out-of-state students
    50% Women
    50% Men
    1% American Indian/Alaskan Native
    14% Asian/Pacific Islander
    9% Black/Non-Hispanic
    9% Hispanic
    35% White/Non-Hispanic
    10% Non-Resident Alien
    22% Race/ethnicity unreported
    97% in top 10th of graduating class
    100% in top quarter of graduating class

The above is undergrad info, readily available from the College Board site. I didn't take time to research the make up of the grad program or the medical schools - the info is probably readily available. (You can also look at the listing of grad student names working in the various biomed labs - and recognize many names as Asian - I'd assume the ratios are similar to undergrad in the grad program).

Yale Graduate school is a highly international school. Many foreign students. Best & brightest in their fields from around the world. Walking around campus for just four blocks or so, it would not be strange at all to overhead conversations in 5 languages. Expecially in a library plaza on a nice sunny day.

Finally, I would add that although the College Board stats report 14% Asian in the entering class at Yale, there is a growing tendency to decline to report ethnicity (22% unreported) on applications and forms at highly selective colleges. The actual % of Asians on Yale campus could likely climb far above 14% if all applicants reported their ethnicity.

IMO, this is just something to consider as you weigh the significance of Annie's ethnicity relative to this crime: There's many students of Asian ethnicity on the Yale campus, and it's been that way a long time.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    On the general thread, soon to be closed, there was ongoing discussion regarding Annie's ethnicity and it's possible meaning to the killer and how it might be related to motive.

In light of those discussions, I'm bringing the following statistics here for the review of those interested:

http://collegesearch.collegeboard.co...collegeId=4123

Yale 1st year class - Student Body

6% In-state students
    94% Out-of-state students
    50% Women
    50% Men
    1% American Indian/Alaskan Native
    14% Asian/Pacific Islander
    9% Black/Non-Hispanic
    9% Hispanic
    35% White/Non-Hispanic
    10% Non-Resident Alien
    22% Race/ethnicity unreported
    97% in top 10th of graduating class
    100% in top quarter of graduating class

The above is undergrad info, readily available from the College Board site. I didn't take time to research the make up of the grad program or the medical schools - the info is probably readily available. (You can also look at the listing of grad student names working in the various biomed labs - and recognize many names as Asian - I'd assume the ratios are similar to undergrad in the grad program).

Yale Graduate school is a highly international school. Many foreign students. Best & brightest in their fields from around the world. Walking around campus for just four blocks or so, it would not be strange at all to overhead conversations in 5 languages. Expecially in a library plaza on a nice sunny day.

Finally, I would add that although the College Board stats report 14% Asian in the entering class at Yale, there is a growing tendency to decline to report ethnicity (22% unreported) on applications and forms at highly selective colleges. The actual % of Asians on Yale campus could likely climb far above 14% if all applicants reported their ethnicity.

IMO, this is just something to consider as you weigh the significance of Annie's ethnicity relative to this crime: There's many students of Asian ethnicity on the Yale campus, and it's been that way a long time.

Great post. I think I know what you are inferring but not sure. Can I counter with maybe RC wanted to work at Yale for that very reason?

Actually, no way most likely. Great post.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Roy23 For This Useful Post:

News conference at 5pm EST

Has anyone heard how many emails were sent from him to her? I'm hearing it was a lot.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyGatto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Well, the CBS report from last night said their source had stated there was "no romance" involved in the crime. From what I've read, most news sources are not floating information about it being a crime of passion/jealousy/sexual. What I have noticed was:

1. The Fox 61 report about a possible argument between Le and Clark regarding animal abuse: http://www.fox61.com/ (the video clips from 09/15 night)

2. The emails between Le and Clark about mice protocol http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...bout_mice.html

3. The NY Post article that mentions Clark, an animal lab technician, has many pets and that he kept his pit bull locked in a crate.

I know it makes more sense, comparatively, to believe Clark was obsessed with her and/or jealous of her. She was killed five days before her wedding, which she spoke often of to those around her, and she was a smart, popular, successful, attractive young woman. It's an easy conclusion that there was some sort of crime of passion involved.

But news media isn't reporting that. They are reporting that she was found with her clothes on. They are reporting, or at least floating, the theories of a disagreement regarding animals.

I know it sounds strange. I know it makes more sense to believe Clark had some sort of terrible infatuation with Le. But I don't think news sources would report the "animal/mice connection," so to speak, for no good reason either.

We'll see I guess.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to f_stills For This Useful Post:

I think it's very possible that all of these things attributed to the "flash point" of murder: jealousy, attraction, resentment, control....

However, I think the primary element in RC's personality was his need for control. His seems to fit the personality profile for serial killers; if you recall, BTK was freakishly controlling about his neighborhood housing association requirements, even measuring cut grass with a ruler.

RC was a stickler for details and protocol as well, calling out people who violated the "shoe covers" regulation. Sounds like he tried to micro-manage everyone around him.

Annie strikes me as one who would "conciliate" to a point, but she would have to be confident and independent to function at her high level at the lab. To me, this would be just the type of situation fertile for a confrontation.

Add to that wedding stress (as someone mentioned in the general thread), perhaps RC's suppressed attraction, his anger at being unable to control those around him...Annie would seem to be a likely target -- petite, conciliatory, obliging (if she did respond to an email he sent), along with the necessary element of opposition to him, which would no doubt spark his violent nature.
    'Ailina - Freelance Author, Home Educator
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ailinawillis

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 'Ailina For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    Great post. I think I know what you are inferring but not sure. Can I counter with maybe RC wanted to work at Yale for that very reason?

Actually, no way most likely. Great post.

Hi, I wasn't trying to infer anything. Just providing some facts on the Yale student population and it's richness of ethnic and international backgrounds.

Facts are nice.

In the event these facts are useful to posters in supporting their arguments regarding Annie's ethnicity and possible motive, I just thought I'd put the info here in our nice new thread.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

I can totally believe this-they have heated discussion, he tries to exert authority, she defends herself, argument, fight, he loses it

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Waddles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ailina View Post
    I think it's very possible that all of these things attributed to the "flash point" of murder: jealousy, attraction, resentment, control....

However, I think the primary element in RC's personality was his need for control. His seems to fit the personality profile for serial killers; if you recall, BTK was freakishly controlling about his neighborhood housing association requirements, even measuring cut grass with a ruler.

RC was a stickler for details and protocol as well, calling out people who violated the "shoe covers" regulation. Sounds like he tried to micro-manage everyone around him.

Annie strikes me as one who would "conciliate" to a point, but she would have to be confident and independent to function at her high level at the lab. To me, this would be just the type of situation fertile for a confrontation.

Add to that wedding stress (as someone mentioned in the general thread), perhaps RC's suppressed attraction, his anger at being unable to control those around him...Annie would seem to be a likely target -- petite, conciliatory, obliging (if she did respond to an email he sent), along with the necessary element of opposition to him, which would no doubt spark his violent nature.
    My thoughts exactly But much better worded than me-thank you

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waddles For This Useful Post:

I'm leaning heavily to the idea that RC developed a "romantic" fixation on Annie and became frustrated at her impending wedding. This frustration may have manifested in calling her out on the animal protocol. But as her wedding grew nearer, the protocol controversy was not enough of an outlet. (Note that Annie remained professional and pleasant in response to RC's animal concerns and that she didn't become confrontational could have been construed as a "snub" as I think he was trying to get her attention anyway he could.) That's what I've got for now. IMO the only affair he had with Annie was in his head.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ailina View Post

We have heard that RC came into the building after Annie did. I wonder if he was late and Annie had to do something that normally the technician did. Maybe at that point RC comes in and had issue with it. He already had issue with her practices so maybe they relived it again to the point of violence.

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast