1072 users online (190 members and 882 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    The "Scouting" Email At Yale

    There was an incident of an email listing 53 Freshman women which "rated" them sent out to various people at Yale. Officials at Yale say they could not determine the author of the email or location from where it was sent.

    Does this email have anything to do with Annie's murder? Please discuss this here:
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic state
    Posts
    630
    Annie was a third year graduate student. She would not have been on the freshman list.
    Caylee, "He will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of his hand."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    There was an incident of an email listing 53 Freshman women which "rated" them sent out to various people at Yale. Officials at Yale say they could not determine the author of the email or location from where it was sent.

    Does this email have anything to do with Annie's murder? Please discuss this here:
    No.

    It was a frat thing. Everyone is free to make what they want of it - and I'm sure you all will. IMO it's some frat guys, drinking topic, version of a Miss Freshman-Yale contest that went too far.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Philly 'Burbs, PA
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperacer View Post
    No.

    It was a frat thing. Everyone is free to make what they want of it - and I'm sure you all will. IMO it's some frat guys, drinking topic, version of a Miss Freshman-Yale contest that went too far.
    I agree with this. In my college there was a yearbook of sorts that showed all of the incoming freshmen, and all of the guys would sit around and rate all of the incoming freshman girls. I'm sure it occurs on every single campus.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    I agree - no way it's related. First year people at Yale hang together in packs. Very little chance that any of them would have even made it over to the Amistad building - it's across a highway from the main campus and most students don't find their way over until their 2nd or 3rd years.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Celt1997 View Post
    I agree with this. In my college there was a yearbook of sorts that showed all of the incoming freshmen, and all of the guys would sit around and rate all of the incoming freshman girls. I'm sure it occurs on every single campus.
    I was going to write something about this, but I didn't want to scare the sleuthees. Yes, happens everywhere, all the time, frat's as well as sororities, work places on the DL, bikini beaches, and bars across the world.

    Sorry.

  7. #7
    Emma Peel's Avatar
    Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    wherever they send me
    Posts
    9,892
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperacer View Post
    I was going to write something about this, but I didn't want to scare the sleuthees. Yes, happens everywhere, all the time, frat's as well as sororities, work places on the DL, bikini beaches, and bars across the world.

    Sorry.
    **rolls eyes**
    even great minds take time to emotionally mature.
    thanks for being candid.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by awakewriter View Post
    Annie was a third year graduate student. She would not have been on the freshman list.
    I realize this, but is it possible she could have found the author and was going to turn him in? Just another possibility is all.

    We discussed it on the general thread and I wanted to mention it.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.



Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY TX - Dr. Calvin Day for sexual assault of patient, San Antonio, 2013
    By wfgodot in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 10:02 AM
  2. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM