Garridos Jailhouse interview

nobody2

Reaction score
I am not sure where to put this, so please integrate it into another thread if appropriate.

I have been wondering if anyone can tell me how and why the tv station was allowed to interview Garridos after he was arrested.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...40/Phillip-Garridos-interview-transcript.html

We have all seen this interview where he calls what he did "a heartwarming story" and etc. So was it HIS choice not to grant additional interviews? Or someone elses? And was this only because he had not been officially charged yet, but now at this point he could not give such interviews again? I am just curious how this interview came about to begin with - was it before he had a lawyer? I don't get it.

Even incarcerated people have the right to hold discussions with persons of their choosing. LE cannot stop them from talking with reporters. Often an attorney will put the brakes on and stop them. But this interview was done so early likely either an attorney wasn't assigned yet or didn't know the media interview was being done. Attorney's will usually tell a client that they have the right to remain silent and they advise them to do so. But now there is a gag order in place and the judge can order a suspect not to talk with media. Usually with a gag order it applies to all primary participants in an investigation and that includes the suspect as well as the investigators. So basically it could have been either PG's attorney who stopped it, or it could have been the gag order.

if memory serves me, i believe it was KCRA channel 3 in Sacto and in the interview Garrido is rambling on about how he is only talking to them because they were the first to make contact (i'm paraphrasing as best as i can, but it is not exact) and they are supposed to share the info of his documents and "heartwarming story". it was chilling to listen to...

Here is the original transcription by the people at KCRA3. Walt Gray of KCRA3, Sacramento is the reporter who actually conducted the interview:

Transcript: Phillip Garrido Speaks From Jail

Jaycee Lee Dugard Kidnapped 18 Years Ago

POSTED: 1:10 pm PDT August 28, 2009
UPDATED: 12:36 pm PDT September 1, 2009

"An Antioch husband and wife accused of abducting Meyers resident Jaycee Lee Dugard 18 years ago are facing charges of kidnapping, rape and other counts that could send them to prison for life if convicted, KCRA 3 has learned.

KCRA 3's Walt Gray spoke with Phillip Garrido by phone on Thursday."

The manifesto he delivered to the FBI, and of which he speaks in the interview with Walt Gray.

Origin of Schizophrenia Revealed

Note: it is a PDF

All of this was posted somewhere before in this forum, but who knows where. This will help bring people up to date.

Also, his blogspot has alot of the same information on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back