Doctor billed state after sex with patient

fivekidz4me

Reaction score
http://www.modbee.com/24hour/weird/story/1442447p-8804580c.html

GRESHAM, Ore. (AP) - An Oregon City doctor will spend two months in jail after he advised a patient that having sex with him would help her pelvic pain, then billed the Oregon Health Plan for his time during their sessions.
Dr. Randall J. Smith, 50, must also perform 200 hours of community service and pay $1,105 in fines as part of a plea agreement, Rodney Hopkinson, a senior assistant attorney general for the Oregon Department of Justice, told The Oregonian newspaper.

Hopkinson said Randall, who worked as an osteopath at the Adventist Health Clinic-Rockwood in Gresham, also was sentenced to 18 months probation by Multnomah County Circuit Judge Julie Frantz on Monday.

Randall voluntarily surrendered his medical license to the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners on March 4, officials said.

Hopkinson said the woman told officials that Smith told her massaging her "trigger points" would alleviate her pain. Eventually, he said, the therapy involved sexual intercourse.

hi five!
well did it work? did the pain go away?

fivekidz4me said:

Smith told her massaging her "trigger points" would alleviate her pain. Eventually, he said, the therapy involved sexual intercourse.
If I had a dime for everytime a man told me this :doh:

It's right up there with my husbands 'sure fire - no fail' cure for headaches :rolleyes:

lex said:
hi five!
well did it work? did the pain go away?

"Hopkinson said the woman told officials that Smith told her massaging her "trigger points" would alleviate her pain. Eventually, he said, the therapy involved sexual intercourse.

Smith told prosecutors that the sex was consensual, Hopkinson said."

Seems that he's in trouble for billing for his time..........maybe it did work! lol

And Cass, my husband swears it will cure a headache too! lol

fivekidz4me said:
And Cass, my husband swears it will cure a headache too! lol
Yeah, well I guess it is true because you have 5 kids!! :crazy:

Casshew said:
Yeah, well I guess it is true because you have 5 kids!! :crazy:

I think it was more of the massaging of "trigger points"! lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors