1414 users online (248 members and 1166 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Calif. mourners remember Yale student's fun spirit

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif. Family members of the Yale University doctoral student found murdered on what was to be her wedding day said they'll always remember the beaming smile and fun-loving spirit of the brilliant woman who hoped to change the world through her medical research.

"She always brought a smile to our faces," said Annie Le's cousin, Dan Nguyen, one of several speakers who eulogized Le at her funeral Saturday in California's Sierra Nevada foothills, near where Le grew up.

Le's mother, Vivian Van Le, read a poem she had written in Vietnamese that was translated by another brother, Chris Le.

"Farewell my child ... the most wonderful gift that God had sent to me," Le's mother said, going on to describe her daughter's death as being "like a knife searing through my soul."

video and more at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090927/...s_yale_killing

Rest in Peace, Annie
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

This is my favorite thread for Annie - thank you Emily Booth! It gives us a peak into the vibrant, intelligent, and heartwarming life of Annie and all the wonderful choices she made for herself such as...her best friend fiance, attending a great university, giving back to planet Earth via research, philanthropist, a loving and caring friend, and most importantly, valuing who she is as a human being. what a great role-model Annie is/was.
    Last edited by eyes4crime; 10-02-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: grammar
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    This is my favorite thread for Annie - thank you Emily Booth! It gives us a peak into the vibrant, intelligent, and heartwarming life of Annie and all the wonderful choices she made for herself such as...her best friend fiance, attending a great university, giving back to planet Earth via research, philanthropist, a loving and caring friend, and most importantly, valuing who she is as a human being. what a great role-model annie is/was.
    Eyes, I think this is my favorite thread, too! I don't think I could've said it better than you. I loved learning about who Annie was as a person and it's been wonderful seeing all the sharing and posting here.

Video honoring Annie's life...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG2_NI-vZDo"]YouTube - Annie Le memorial video[/ame]
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 10-05-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    This is my favorite thread for Annie - thank you Emily Booth! It gives us a peak into the vibrant, intelligent, and heartwarming life of Annie and all the wonderful choices she made for herself such as...her best friend fiance, attending a great university, giving back to planet Earth via research, philanthropist, a loving and caring friend, and most importantly, valuing who she is as a human being. what a great role-model Annie is/was.
    Hi, Eyes4Crime, your note, Emily Booth's note, and those that followed really touched me. The brought me back to what brought me to her threads in the first place; the sense of an engaging human being who was, as you put it, "vibrant, intelligent, and heartwarming."

Yale University Honors Slain Student Annie Le At Memorial Service

Pictures: Memorial Service For Annie Le

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...,2598563.story

video at link

(Note: AngelWhoCares added about twenty new links in the media thread. Thank you AngelWhoCares for all you do at WS.)
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 10-13-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7