898 users online (171 members and 727 guests)  

Websleuths News

Henry Gibson dies at 73;Orig cast of Laugh-In.

Henry Gibson, a veteran character actor who came to fame in the late 1960s as the flower-holding poet on TV's landmark satirical comedy show "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In," has died. He was 73.

Gibson died late Monday night at his home in Malibu after a short battle with cancer, said his son Jon.

Gibson, who more recently played a recurring role as cantankerous Judge Clark Brown on "Boston Legal," was part of the original ensemble cast of “Laugh In,” which ran on NBC from 1968 to 1973.

I LOVED his poems..He wrote them all himself. A favorite:

Patacake
    Patacake, patacake, baker's man
    Bake me a friend.

RIP Little Man!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

T'm sorry to hear this. Wow, these past several months we have lost so many entertainers and other public figures. It's been awful.

Henry was such a great comedian!
    I sure remember laugh in.......
    R.I.P.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I remember him most fondly as the voice of Wilbur in the animated movie "Charlotte's Web" (early 70s). I listened to the 8-track tape thousands of times -- it is engrained in my brain. He was the perfect Wilbur.

RIP Henry

I remember Henry on Laugh-In. Rest-in-Peace, Henry Gibson.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

Ø My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

A funny guy. I have the "Laugh In" collection and will cherish his entertainment always.

The last I saw of him was on will and grace. The 2 guys were sitting at a table as he walked by. One of them asked the other if he would like a shrimp he misunderstood and thought he was being called a shrimp and had a reply that just made you double take

gay guy 1 to gay guy 2: Shrimp?

Henry Gibson: ******!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave AHFB View Post
    The last I saw of him was on will and grace. The 2 guys were sitting at a table as he walked by. One of them asked the other if he would like a shrimp he misunderstood and thought he was being called a shrimp and had a reply that just made you double take

gay guy 1 to gay guy 2: Shrimp?

Henry Gibson: ******!
    OH!, I saw that one..Well, I saw just about every Will and Grace but that one was a Classic!! Thanks for the memory Dave!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."