Henry Gibson dies at 73;Orig cast of Laugh-In.

DollyPardonMe

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Henry Gibson, a veteran character actor who came to fame in the late 1960s as the flower-holding poet on TV's landmark satirical comedy show "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In," has died. He was 73.

Gibson died late Monday night at his home in Malibu after a short battle with cancer, said his son Jon.

Gibson, who more recently played a recurring role as cantankerous Judge Clark Brown on "Boston Legal," was part of the original ensemble cast of “Laugh In,” which ran on NBC from 1968 to 1973.

I LOVED his poems..He wrote them all himself. A favorite:

Patacake
Patacake, patacake, baker's man
Bake me a friend.

RIP Little Man!

T'm sorry to hear this. Wow, these past several months we have lost so many entertainers and other public figures. It's been awful.

Henry was such a great comedian!
I sure remember laugh in.......
R.I.P.

I remember him most fondly as the voice of Wilbur in the animated movie "Charlotte's Web" (early 70s). I listened to the 8-track tape thousands of times -- it is engrained in my brain. He was the perfect Wilbur.

RIP Henry

A funny guy. I have the "Laugh In" collection and will cherish his entertainment always.

The last I saw of him was on will and grace. The 2 guys were sitting at a table as he walked by. One of them asked the other if he would like a shrimp he misunderstood and thought he was being called a shrimp and had a reply that just made you double take

gay guy 1 to gay guy 2: Shrimp?

Henry Gibson: !

The last I saw of him was on will and grace. The 2 guys were sitting at a table as he walked by. One of them asked the other if he would like a shrimp he misunderstood and thought he was being called a shrimp and had a reply that just made you double take

gay guy 1 to gay guy 2: Shrimp?

Henry Gibson: !

OH!, I saw that one..Well, I saw just about every Will and Grace but that one was a Classic!! Thanks for the memory Dave!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back