Annie and Raymond's communication, Text

wanttohelp

http://thewaronwomen.org
Reaction score
Website
www.thewaronwomen.org
Can we discuss any communication they had here. Any info on those text messages? On NG she said he text her about the mice cage cleanliness. IMO you don't text people unless you are fairly familiar with them.

Well, first, I'd like to clarify...

Was the information conveyed via e-mail, or text??? I've read articles stating both. I think that would make a big difference.

I agree, he had Annie's number and she accepted is text.
Only my close associates and relatives have my number.
My employees always knew how to get me on my cell.
I only accept text from those I know.......
IMO, he did call about mice, she was going to leave for her wedding.
He prob left her believe he wanted instructions on what to do while she was gone.
When she started in as the boss and him the janitor (not lover) mode, he lost it.
IMO allot of men and women think if you say "hi" you love them.............
I don't think Annie thought him anything but a guy that takes care of her mice.
He though thought of her as a love interest and when rejected or told what to do, he could not accept it at all.
As far as dirty cages......well, that was HS job to clean them and not Annie's.
He was a nobody and that hurt his ego!

I was a little confused by what you think.
If it was texting, I think they must have known eachother on some level.

It would kinda be like if you live in an apartment complex, and you were at the pool and left trash. If the management knew it was you they would most likely contact you. Leave on note on your door or call you. If I recieved a text that said "we need to meet about the mess you left at the pool", I would think that was really strange.
It would be like getting an appointment confirmation by text.

I would also like to know when the message, text or email, was sent.
On NG, she said Annie had replied with something like whatever I need to do differantly, I'll do.

maybe he overheard her talking to someone or one the phone "im at the lab, i have to meet that creepy animal keeper, im getting married i dont have time to clean up mice poop" or something like that.

I wouldn't say texting acquaintances from work is out of the ordinary, especially for that age group, and especially if they had frequent contact. It's less a matter of intimacy than it is a matter of convenience. Text messaging has replaced beepers, both of which serve the purpose of a quick contact. Busy people like Annie would actually be more likely to utilize text messaging.

From what we've been told, Clark was mindful of routine, which leads me to believe he was conscious of time-management, too. Texting would seem like a natural tool for both of them. MOO.

I agree, he had Annie's number and she accepted is text.
Only my close associates and relatives have my number.
My employees always knew how to get me on my cell.
I only accept text from those I know.......
IMO, he did call about mice, she was going to leave for her wedding.
He prob left her believe he wanted instructions on what to do while she was gone.
When she started in as the boss and him the janitor (not lover) mode, he lost it.
IMO allot of men and women think if you say "hi" you love them.............
I don't think Annie thought him anything but a guy that takes care of her mice.
He though thought of her as a love interest and when rejected or told what to do, he could not accept it at all.
As far as dirty cages......well, that was HS job to clean them and not Annie's.
He was a nobody and that hurt his ego!

How do we know he felt this way about her?
Maybe he really just did not like her or her attitude.
Isn't it possible they simply had an argument over her leaving her mice cages dirty and that argument got out of hand and ended in her death.

for labwork, having an emergency contact # is critical due to the sensitivity of the research and hours put into the project. i would imagine it's imperative that a cell # is listed for all researchers and assistants in the department directory.

How do we know he felt this way about her?
Maybe he really just did not like her or her attitude.
Isn't it possible they simply had an argument over her leaving her mice cages dirty and that argument got out of hand and ended in her death.

Yeah, I think it's possible it could've been a personality clash. I myself have had some pretty heated exchanges over almost-nothing; sometimes, some people just rub me the wrong way, and vice versa.

I don't know what time Annie arrived at the Sterling Hall of Medicine EARLY that morning...she arrived at Amaston around 10:00a. Annie left her personal belongings behind...including her CELL PHONE. No matter how Clark reached Annie, she wasn't thinking he was in a murderous rage. She walked over to Amistan with papers in hand...perhaps to show she wasn't in the wrong. Maybe the papers had 'mice' protocol in them. I think Annie is the kind if she is wrong, she will correct. And if right, she will give evidence as to why she is right. She's a scientist and that their way; Clark should be familiar with this. I don't know if mouse protocol was a ploy to get her over there but it certainly is a frivolous and childish reason for murdering and folding a woman in half and shoving her behind the wall amongst the pipes. Yikes!!!

Makes me wonder if Clark didn't ruminate about her mouse habits all night long...gosh!!!

We have several posters here who work in labs similiar to Annie's and they have commented on the emails/texts between animal tech and researcher at other threads. My understanding is that Annie could've had mice that she did not want the animal techs to handle because of her research protocols and that in this situation, she would have her phone number on a card attached to the outside of the cage in case she needed to be contacted. You may want to check out the threads about the lab and about autopsy?

I think they had to have known each other at a more personal level that we are thinking right now especially if he felt comfortable enough texting her. It's not a stretch to imagine that they might have even been friends and communicated occasionally via text messages. Unfortunately, until the arrest warrant is unsealed, all we are going to be able to do is to speculate.

has the original text been released yet?
In Conn. do the LE give out much info before trial?

I wouldn't say texting acquaintances from work is out of the ordinary, especially for that age group, and especially if they had frequent contact. It's less a matter of intimacy than it is a matter of convenience. Text messaging has replaced beepers, both of which serve the purpose of a quick contact. Busy people like Annie would actually be more likely to utilize text messaging.

From what we've been told, Clark was mindful of routine, which leads me to believe he was conscious of time-management, too. Texting would seem like a natural tool for both of them. MOO.

My son (in his late 20's) is a high school soccer coach. He uses text messaging as his primary form of communication with his team and the parents. It provides quick answers to questions without having to get into long involved phone conversations while he is at work.

i think there may be a generation gap between people who are reading too much into the existence of SMS/text communication between Annie and Raymond. For people under 25, especially at the university or professional jobs, it's incredibly common.

I don't think it's unusual at all that RC had her cell phone number--she probably made it available for "in case of issues/emergencies". I worked in pharmaceutical research for 12 years, and would have not given it a second thought--I would want the animal technicians to call me or text me if they had any problems.
Now do I think he was lording his control of "his" animals over her? Heck, yes!!! Sometimes when men have issues with women and also have control issues on top of that, they will try to throw their weight around. Unfortunately, I think the better looking, more intelligent a woman is, the more likely it is that a man with "woman" issues is going to be torn between attraction for her versus a need to try to control/dominate/ "be in charge" of her. And maybe Annie just had reached the point where she wasn't going to let this guy be Mr. Know-it-all and said something that knocked him off his high horse. To her, it was probably a minor thing, but to him, it sent him over the edge.

i think there may be a generation gap between people who are reading too much into the existence of SMS/text communication between Annie and Raymond. For people under 25, especially at the university or professional jobs, it's incredibly common.

I'm 28, and I would think its odd to recieve a text from someone I dont know on some kind of a personal level

When I say personal level, I mean multiple conversations, communication on a personal level. Probaly communication by phone atleast once.

and it was stated a few post up, about her leaving her phone prior to 10am. what time was he contacting her at????

i believe mice and rats are delivered on tuesdays. in the services sec it says (*)following tuesday, in referring to ordering rats and mice.

also i find it very odd for a husbandry employee to be complaining about mess, etc when they are so detailed about the pay for the services. maybe thats what started it.
he said you need to do.....and she said, i payed for......
or he was tired of people assuming he would be doing work, when those things you are suppose to pay for

Well, first, I'd like to clarify...

Was the information conveyed via e-mail, or text??? I've read articles stating both. I think that would make a big difference.

It seems that emails were sent discussing the mice. On the morning of that she went missing, he texted her to come by the 10 Amistad lab to further discuss the mice issue.

"Police say there were numerous e-mails or text messages between Clark and Le regarding the cleanliness of the lab.

Clark's job included cleaning the mice cages in the lab, and in his email to Le he complained that she had left the cages dirty, sources said.

Police say Clark sent a text message to Le on the day she disappeared requesting a meeting to discuss the cleanliness of research mice."

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-missing-yale-student,0,267140.story

This is once source, but I seem to remember other articles that laid this out a bit more clearly.

Exactly. Cellphones, emails, texts....they are all acceptable ways to discuss business. I prefer emails and texts myself. It is not indicative of a personal relationship whatsoever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back