1288 users online (234 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    In today's defense motion filing, public defenders Beth A. Merkin and Joseph E. Lopez said "disclosure of the information contained in the search warrant affidavits would irreparably prejudice the defendant's state and federal constitutional rights to an impartial jury and to a fair trial, and that this interest must override the public's interest in viewing the warrant affidavits."
    http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...,1464849.story

Quote Originally Posted by Shlock Homes View Post
    When I saw that Ray Clark had a public defender and not a private attorney, I can see that the odds are strongly against him. Not to say that public defenders are incompetent. You're basically forced to take whoever has been given to you, versus hand picking your own attorney with a good track record.

The evidence that has been leaked provides strong insinuations of guilt, but I agree that the fact the suspected crime scene (i.e. the whole lab area) was contaminated when it wasn't sealed off. Does anyone know if there were police or investigators posted there after hours to make sure people weren't sneaking in there and doing anything suspicious? Or did all the police leave after a certain time of day?

The DNA evidence could have easily been transferred from daily routines, but also, if Ray Clark left his scrubs in an unsecured location, it could have been used by someone to contaminate the evidence. We don't know because they just focused on Ray Clark. The bubble gum, fishing hooks, etc.. in the bag isn't even strong evidence of him doing anything with that. Same thing with him allegedly trying 'hide' equipment that later was found to have blood. If they saw him moving it, they might have interpreted as hiding because they suspected him, whereas if he wasn't a suspect, it would have been interpreted as him cleaning up because that was his job.

A lot of the leaks to the media have come from unnamed sources. We don't know how much of it is legit. And if all this leaking is meant to sway the public into automatically accepting Ray's guilt. It's very disturbing if you can put yourself in his shoes and you didn't do anything but the public thinks you did.
    Bold in post is mine.

What happened to his lawyer, David Dwordski? I thought the public defenders were helping with the case but that he had a lawyer.

On Wednesday, attorney David Dworski confirmed he was representing Clark.

"[Neither] my client nor I will be making any comments. We are working and cooperating with authoritiies on this investigation," Dworski told ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/annie-le-su...ory?id=8588970

I'll find the link in which it talks about the public defenders helping with the case.

"We're committed to proceeding appropriately with the authorities with whom we are in regular communication," said David H. Dworski, Clark's attorney. The public defender's office in New Haven is also consulting on the case.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...,2098637.story
    Last edited by Noway; 10-02-2009 at 12:34 PM.

IIRC, Dworski was brought in only when RC requested an attorney once he failed the polygraph and began panicking. Also, pretty sure Dworski represented RC up and until the Arrest Warrant/Affidavit was served and then the PubDefs were assigned at the court of law.

There is another thread that discusses all of this in the archives, but alas I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloof View Post
    IIRC, Dworski was brought in only when RC requested an attorney once he failed the polygraph and began panicking. Also, pretty sure Dworski represented RC up and until the Arrest Warrant/Affidavit was served and then the PubDefs were assigned at the court of law.

There is another thread that discusses all of this in the archives, but alas I can't find it.
    From 9/17

Clark appeared in court with two public defenders who were new to the case. A private-practice attorney who had represented him during the investigation did not attend the hearing and said Thursday he no longer represents Clark. The attorney declined to give a reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2