880 users online (162 members and 718 guests)  

Websleuths News

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

CA - Jessica Banks for abusing 5 adopted daughters, Moreno Valley, 2005

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

A 65-year-old California pastor has been sentenced to life in prison for beating and drugging her five adopted daughters and locking them in a Riverside County garage.

Jessica Banks received consecutive life terms Friday after being convicted in July of sexually abusing two of her daughters and forcing all the sisters to go without food for days

this is beyond sick!!

Not a big surprise. I grew up in this sort of thing. I was not abused to this extent but there was still a lot of covert abuse going on in my family and in others in our church. Some of it sexual.
    I am today an agnostic- I don't have anything against religion, but it is so easily abused. a lot of it can be classed as a mental illness. I'm glad this monster got caught before some or all of them died and were buried in a back yard.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    Not a big surprise. I grew up in this sort of thing. I was not abused to this extent but there was still a lot of covert abuse going on in my family and in others in our church. Some of it sexual.
    I am today an agnostic- I don't have anything against religion, but it is so easily abused. a lot of it can be classed as a mental illness. I'm glad this monster got caught before some or all of them died and were buried in a back yard.
    I couldn't agree more. My first question was why no one noticed or said anything about the children's emaciated and abused appearances since they attended school, but then I realized it was a church-type school. Not saying all or even many churches are this way, but too often in situations like this there is a cult-like thinking and people honestly believe it is okay to abuse the children for the "greater good"...Those poor girls.

MORENO VALLEY, Calif. -- The pastor of a church in a Riverside County strip mall was sentenced to life in state prison Friday for abusing her five adopted daughters, who were beaten daily, fed spoiled food and hidden in a garage.

Jessica Banks, 65, of Moreno Vally was sentenced to 36 years and 8 months in prison along with two consecutive terms of 15 years to life, said Michael Jeandron, a spokesman for the county district attorney's office.

Superior Court Judge Richard Hanscom in Riverside described it as the worst abuse case he had seen.

However, the Moreno Valley woman denied any wrongdoing and her attorney said an appeal was planned.
    http://www.fresnobee.com/state/story...link=mirelated

Much more at the link.

I am so glad that witch was caught and will never be able to hurt a child again...many prayers for those poor girls. I hope they are recovering and will be able to live normal and productive lives. As for the witch, I will be glad when she meets her maker and has to suffer for all of her sins.
    Happy New Years