Page 7 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantica View Post
    I might can offer a little insight or info -- I am a recent alum of Longwood U, and have lived in central VA most of my life. The Pastor served my grandmother's church, as well as a large portion of my large, extensive family.

From what we've heard, it was Emma's father who took the kids (yes, I will call all of them kids) to the MI music event. Have also heard that Emma's mother was out of town, perhaps at a conference, and once she knew they were home she called but with no answer, and decided to return home.

The father/pastor was at church on wednesday night, and made phone calls on thursday. Apparently the last person to speak with him was a family member of mine, who is suffering a life-threatening illness.
    Hi Atlantica

Welcome to websleuths. It is good to have input from someone who knows the community.

I have tried to put together a time line of events, which you will find on the first page of this discussion thread. If you can add anything to it, it would be helpful

From what you are saying it sounds like you believe things happened like this:

* Father dropped of "kids" at mother's house and leaves
    * Two girls are murdered
    * Mother calls home, no answer, comes home is murdered
    * Father returns to the house and is murdered.

Does that agree with your beliefs? We can conclude from Police statements that two people were killed first. I guess you believe that it is the girls? That would be consistant with what I believe you are saying.

Only problem is, why oh why would the father leave the three kids home alone knowing the mother is not there and without contacting her? This does not make any sense to me.

Anyway, I would appreciate input that anyone has on this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gene For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NativeGirl View Post
    Mel was 18 not 16. Em was 16.

Right. So the daughter of the parents who let a man stay overnight with her was 16. What's your point?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tapu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    Right. So the daughter of the parents who let a man stay overnight with her was 16. What's your point?

how do you know?? I'm thinking he maybe just showed up?? But Em knew he was coming because on her myspace it said going to pick Sam Up. With her parents background I doubt they would let someone all they way she never met come stay with the 16 year old teen. I don't care how out of control she is..I don't think the parents knew he was coming maybe?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NativeGirl For This Useful Post:

found a website might want to check it out http://sammccrosky.blogspot.com/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NativeGirl For This Useful Post:

how do you know?? I'm thinking he maybe just showed up?? But Em knew he was coming because on her myspace it said going to pick Sam Up. With her parents background I doubt they would let someone all they way she never met come stay with the 16 year old teen. I don't care how out of control she is..I don't think the parents knew he was coming maybe?
    Well, after he got there, announced or unannounced, they drove the lot of them to a convention/concert.

Look, if one can't criticize these parents for not protecting their kid, then the game is up. Parents could open their house to any drug addict, felon, or anything, and say, well, we were just trying to work with our kid. That's what he was into. No, kids HAVE parents for this reason--they often make insanely dangerous choices. The parent has to "man up," not abdicate.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tapu For This Useful Post:

I respectfully disagree with the goth movement being "laughable." I have known several goth kids and it seems to me they are kids in pain, some of which self-harm, suffer from depression and many coming from abusive homes of some sort. Many don't know how to express themselves vocally, so they "act out" or express themselves in a way maybe that seems odd or strange to others. People cope the best way they know how.

This crime just hurts on many levels IMO.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nessa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    Thank you for sharing you own experiences, and it's a blessing that your son came through those years with his mind and soul intact. So many others do not, sadly. You seem like a loving and caring parent.

Please take this respectfully, but it's a tad naive to so cavalierly discount the possible Satanic connections in this case. Whether the devil really exists is outside the purview of this forum, but it is certainly well-documented that many people believe he does, and not a few have sought contact with him and even wish to serve him. This is a very well-established fact, with centuries' worth of evidence.

As for the goth movement being "laughable", I would beg to differ. It is far from that! I've been close to some people who have been in the goth scene, and their experiences were hardly laughable.

You are so right on in this post. All three paragraphs.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tapu For This Useful Post:

Read the discussion above. It seems that Mark (the pastor, and Emma's father), drove the three of them (Emma, Melanie, and Sam) to the "concert" in Michigan and back.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

first, mel was 18.

This is all speculation from what I know about the family and from what I know from the media...

in response to the order of death posts...

Em's dad was probably the last one killed as his body was the only one ided so far...thus likely the least decomposed.

Those who think Em killed her mom...I doubt this was the case. Dr. Kelley adored Em and Em loved her mom. I remember lectures interrupted by students asking what em was up to. Despite their differences and the stuff they were all going through I don't think Em could have done that. I do buy into the theory that Sam started showing too much attention to Mel and maybe Mel and Sam killed them. I think Em was going through a phase. I think she was upset and angry that her parents were separating and other stuff and she was struggling to find out who she was. I think mel and sam were deeply embedded into this culture. I don't think it was irresponsible of her dad to drive her to the concert. What was the alternative let her ride off to another state with the guy and stay at the hotel with all the other kids? I know what some of you are thinking because I too thought it. Dr. Kelley come on you were my crim professor you taught my senior sem class! Did you not see big red flags all over this kid? But then everyone knows the more you push your child away from something the more they want to run to it!
    I'm not sure I'm ready to hear the details of this crime scene. The video of the chief of police nearly in tears over it, is enough to say its going to be horrible.
    The speculation that sam has killed before...i don't think he has...i think he has fantasized about it but never been able to follow through before this. I do wonder what that comment on his myspace blog was about. Like this was premeditated months in advance.
    I would venture to guess he stabbed them. I don't think I want to know the rest.

I should probably say that I'm a graduate from longwood. Dr. Kelley was one of my professors. I had her for three courses, one as recently as last semester. She believed in the goodness in people. She did not support the death penalty and she fully believed in rehabilitation. Maybe those belief's led her to allow that young man into her home. And these people were good people and did not deserve this...even if they allowed him to come stay.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to longwoodgrad For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    Read the discussion above. It seems that Mark (the pastor, and Emma's father), drove the three of them (Emma, Melanie, and Sam) to the "concert" in Michigan and back.

you know what I did read that but how do we know that was a fact?? I also was reading at other places that they went alone and one place said the mother went with the father?? so which one is it? I guess only Sam knows now?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NativeGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by longwoodgrad View Post
    first, mel was 18.

This is all speculation from what I know about the family and from what I know from the media...

Em's dad was probably the last one killed as his body was the only one ided so far...thus likely the least decomposed.

Those who think Em killed her mom...I doubt this was the case. Dr. Kelley adored Em and Em loved her mom. I remember lectures interrupted by students asking what em was up to. Despite their differences and the stuff they were all going through I don't think Em could have done that. I do buy into the theory that Sam started showing too much attention to Mel and maybe Mel and Sam killed them. I think Em was going through a phase. I think she was upset and angry that her parents were separating and other stuff and she was struggling to find out who she was. I think mel and sam were deeply embedded into this culture. I don't think it was irresponsible of her dad to drive her to the concert. What was the alternative let her ride off to another state with the guy and stay at the hotel with all the other kids? I know what some of you are thinking because I too thought it. Dr. Kelley come on you were my crim professor you taught my senior sem class! Did you not see big red flags all over this kid? But then everyone knows the more you push your child away from something the more they want to run to it!
    I'm not sure I'm ready to hear the details of this crime scene. The video of the chief of police nearly in tears over it, is enough to say its going to be horrible.
    The speculation that sam has killed before...i don't think he has...i think he has fantasized about it but never been able to follow through before this. I do wonder what that comment on his myspace blog was about. Like this was premeditated months in advance.
    I would venture to guess he stabbed them. I don't think I want to know the rest.

I should probably say that I'm a graduate from longwood. Dr. Kelley was one of my professors. I had her for three courses, one as recently as last semester. She believed in the goodness in people. She did not support the death penalty and she fully believed in rehabilitation. Maybe those belief's led her to allow that young man into her home. And these people were good people and did not deserve this...even if they allowed him to come stay.

The alternative would be to have her placed where she could get help..sounds like she had too much freedom and could do as she pleased. She was not even in school. I wonder why?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NativeGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantica View Post
    As an aside, the whole satanist thing is laughable, since there is no proof of the existence of such a creature, and even if there was, he is still part of the Christian canon, therefore, when a Satanist mocks Christians/Jews/Muslims, he is really mocking himself, too! The whole goth movement is laughable and seriously followed only by the weak-minded/uneducated.
    Atlantica - While appreciate your opinion - I couldn't disagree more with the above quote, it is highly insular IMO. I DO NOT believe we should consider this a GOTH group - your typical Goth would not listen to the crap these kids listened to. I would put them in the realm of "devil worshippers". Knowing plenty of "Goth" folk and having close friends of that "stereotype" - I can assure you they come from all walks of life and are usually quite highly intelligent and have an incredible creativity.

Incidentally - there are plenty of "Christians/Jews/Muslims that murder as well - does that make their religious belief laughable too?

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to majikposhun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by longwoodgrad View Post
    first, mel was 18.

Welcome to Websleuths and thank you for your insights into the case!

All I can add to your post about Dr. Kelley's beliefs is that there really is evil in the world, and some people get taken in by the dark side. I believe all people are potentially redeemable, but in a spiritual way, not necessarily through prison and/or psychiatric rehabilitation. Some individuals just need to be locked away permanently, for the protection of society. There are some whose homicidal tendencies cannot be cured except by a miracle, and that's not a job for the justice system.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

The alternative would be to have her placed where she could get help..sounds like she had too much freedom and could do as she pleased. She was not even in school. I wonder why?

Yes. Longwood Grad, your post is excellent and very informative, but her father could have NOT driven them to the concert together and NOT let her go off with him alone. SHE WAS 16. It is his JOB as a parent to do exactly that.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tapu For This Useful Post:

Calif. police raid home of quadruple murder suspect

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...ferenc/294463/
    Last edited by NativeGirl; 09-21-2009 at 04:35 PM.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NativeGirl For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast