AR AR - Bonnie McFadden, 78, Coal Hill, Aug 2005

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.kfsm.com/news/sns-ap-ar--missingwoman,0,1190046.story

15 Sept 09

Authorities are investigating a man's report that the body of a Johnson County woman missing for four years is in Beaver Lake in Benton County.

A news release from the Johnson County sheriff's office says authorities received a tip Friday that the body of Bonnie McFadden was left in the lake. Divers searched an area of the lake Friday but say they found no evidence related to the case.

The then-78-year-old McFadden of Coal Hill was last seen in August 2005 cashing a check at a bank in Clarksville. Her brother later found her driveway gate and cars unlocked and her purse and financial papers missing.

The name of the man who provided the information has not been released. Authorities say they plan to meet with him again and that he is not a suspect in McFadden's disappearance.

no pic at link

Sad... there's not much out there on this. I lived in Clarksville at the time of her disappearance and remember seeing missing posters for her around town. I'd like to find out what happened to her.

I found an obituary for her. There was a memorial service held in 2015. There is nothing else about her. I think I'm going to try to find out more information since I am fairly local now. It's weird that there is just nothing about her since she initially went missing, aside from the tip that led to a search of a Lake. That lake is not what I would call close to the area she went missing from either...

Missing - Please Find Us

BONNIE BESS MCFADDEN MISSING FROM ARKANSAS SINCE 2005

Man says missing woman's body is in Beaver Lake
SPRINGDALE — Authorities are investigating a man's report that the body of a Johnson County woman missing for four years is in Beaver Lake in Benton County.

A news release from the Johnson County sheriff's office says authorities received a tip Friday that the body of Bonnie McFadden was left in the lake. Divers searched an area of the lake Friday but say they found no evidence related to the case.

The then-78-year-old McFadden of Coal Hill was last seen in August 2005 cashing a check at a bank in Clarksville. Her brother later found her driveway gate and cars unlocked and her purse and financial papers missing.

The name of the man who provided the information has not been released. Authorities say they plan to meet with him again and that he is not a suspect in McFadden's disappearance.

Bonnie Bess McFadden – CUE – Community United Effort

Bonnie Bess McFadden

BonnieMcFadden-1.jpg
Missing from: Clarksville, Arkansas
Missing: August 19, 2005
Age of disappearance: 78
Height: 5′ 3″
Weight: 155
Hair: Brown
Eye: Brown

Distinguishing Characteristics: Scars, Marks, Tattoos: Caucasian female.

Details of Disappearance: Bonnie McFadden was last seen cashing a check inside a Clarksville, Arkansas bank. Bonnie owns a house and manages multiple properties in Coal Hill, Arkansas. No one has been charged in Bonnie’s disappearance. Police are still looking for new clues, and they are taking a closer look at the details of her personal life. Inside her home, cops say certain financial papers were missing. Her purse was also missing from her home.

Investigating Agency: Johnson County Sheriff’s Office at (479) 754-2200

If you have any information on this case, please contact CUE Center for Missing Persons at (910) 343-1131 or call the CUE Center 24-hour tip line at (910) 232-1687. All information submitted to CUE Center for Missing Persons is confidential.

Bonnie Bess McFadden Obituary - Clarksville, Arkansas , Hardwicke Funeral Home | Tribute Archive

Her Obituary

Bonnie Bess Davenport McFadden was born April 13, 1927, to her parents in Johnson County, Arkansas, and she went missing August 19, 2005, in Hartman, Arkansas. She was a School Teacher and a Miner, with a Master’s Degree from BYU. She was also a member of the United America Education Association, the United Mine Workers of America, and the United Educators Association.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back