1043 users online (205 members and 838 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Darrell Calhoun, 35, & Michael Beaudoin, 31, Conroe, 14 July 1992

Guys--Look at his birthdate! The eye color is off, but I wonder if Darrell had hazel eyes? Look at the smile, it is exactly the same!

Height is off, but could have been incorrect in description? Probably not a match, but the nose and smile stopped me.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...n_darrell.html

http://www.montgomerycountycrimestop...cfm?catid=3457

He was born in TX, fathers name Max; mothers name Marie Robecheaux. There was a Darrell Calhoun who lived in English, Indiana in 1992, with an Aug birthdate. Appears father was from KY and mother from LA. Darrell had at least two brothers and one sister.
    Last edited by Julessleuther; 09-22-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Height and weight are both way off, he's on the very young end of the possible age range... all explicable at a push, but Darrell (given the circumstances of his disappearance) is almost guaranteed to have a police record and therefore fingerprints should identify him if he ever turns up alive.

Yes, weight is off, but there is a difference of twelve years between the time Darrell went missing and BK was found. Height is off, but perhaps the people who gave the missing report did not know exact height? Eye color is off, but because of the cataracts, perhaps his eye color changed? There is a new photo posted of him at Charley, a younger looking picture, and he has a similar chin to BK.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...n_darrell.html
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Julessleuther; 10-11-2009 at 01:04 AM.

First post! Bumping as this case is local. These guys disappeared 25 years ago tonight. Theories?

Darrell Glen Calhoun
    Missing since July 14, 1992 from Conroe, TX
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 25,1956
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"-5'9", 160-170 lbs
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White Male, Brown Hair, Brown Eyes
    Marks, Scars: has scar on left knee
    Clothing: Blue, buttoned shirt, blue jean shorts
    Dentals: Not Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Calhoun was last seen in Conroe, TX on July 14, 1992. He was accompanied by his friend, Michael Beaudoin, at the time. They were co-workers in an auto repair shop in south Montgomery, TX. The two men left The Woodlands together in a gray 1979 Chevy Suburban with 2 black doors and the Texas License Plate number 655-4RD. The car was pulling a small blue box-type trailer with a silver top and the TX license plate number 786-BMN.
    Calhound and Beauoin were supposed to meet two unidentified men at Salty's Bary north of Conroe on FM 1484, in order to sell them marijuana. They never arrived there. They were reported missing by their wives 2 days later. on July 19th, their vehicle and trailer were found cut into pieces along FM 1725 and Dabney Bottom Road in San Jacinto County, TX.
    Foul play is suspected in the mens cases, which remains unsolved. Their disappearance may be drug related.
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Montgomery County Sheriffs Office

Det. Terance Greenwood
    281-297-6508

Agency Case Number: 9207150218

NAMUS MP# 10875
    Charley Project

Michael Keith Beaudoin
    Missing since July 14, 1992 from Conroe, TX
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 4, 1961
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"-6'2", 165-175 lbs
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White Male, Brown Hair, Brown Eyes
    Marks, Scars: has scar near his left eye
    Clothing: Blue jeans, and pink short sleeved shirt
    Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Calhoun was last seen in Conroe, TX on July 14, 1992. He was accompanied by his friend, Darrell Calhoun, at the time. They were co-workers in an auto repair shop in south Montgomery, TX. The two men left The Woodlands together in a gray 1979 Chevy Suburban with 2 black doors and the Texas License Plate number 655-4RD. The car was pulling a small blue box-type trailer with a silver top and the TX license plate number 786-BMN.
    Calhound and Beaudoin were supposed to meet two unidentified men at Salty's Bary north of Conroe on FM 1484, in order to sell them marijuana. They never arrived there. They were reported missing by their wives 2 days later. on July 19th, their vehicle and trailer were found cut into pieces along FM 1725 and Dabney Bottom Road in San Jacinto County, TX.
    Foul play is suspected in the mens cases, which remains unsolved. Their disappearance may be drug related.
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Montgomery County Sheriffs Office

Det. Terance Greenwood
    281-297-6508

Agency Case Number: 9207150218

NAMUS MP# 10867
    Charley Project

What equipment would be needed to cut a car and trailer into pieces on a Farm-to-Market road? Gruesome thought, but I would not be surprised to learn the two missing men were also cut to pieces. I wonder if there is a river near where the vehicle was found.

I don't see any lakes or rivers nearby, but there are several creeks and it is still a highly rural area with lot of trees and fields. I would guess you are probably right that they were probably pieced out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulamith View Post
    What equipment would be needed to cut a car and trailer into pieces on a Farm-to-Market road? Gruesome thought, but I would not be surprised to learn the two missing men were also cut to pieces. I wonder if there is a river near where the vehicle was found.
    Thanks for the response. This is one of those cases that creeps me out. I've traveled that road several times and up until a few years ago, that intersection was heavily wooded and there's very little lighting at night. Also, given the bar they were supposed to meet the unidentified men at (or met in the parking lot and went somewhere else) is "local" and the vehicle dumping site is about 15 minutes away, the people responsible were likely very familiar with the area. Early articles mentioned "tips" and "informants," which makes me wonder if LE has their suspects but not enough evidence to make arrests.