TX TX - Darrell Calhoun, 35, & Michael Beaudoin, 31, Conroe, 14 July 1992

Julessleuther

Reaction score
Guys--Look at his birthdate! The eye color is off, but I wonder if Darrell had hazel eyes? Look at the smile, it is exactly the same!

Height is off, but could have been incorrect in description? Probably not a match, but the nose and smile stopped me.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/calhoun_darrell.html

http://www.montgomerycountycrimestoppers.org/dyncat.cfm?catid=3457

He was born in TX, fathers name Max; mothers name Marie Robecheaux. There was a Darrell Calhoun who lived in English, Indiana in 1992, with an Aug birthdate. Appears father was from KY and mother from LA. Darrell had at least two brothers and one sister.

Height and weight are both way off, he's on the very young end of the possible age range... all explicable at a push, but Darrell (given the circumstances of his disappearance) is almost guaranteed to have a police record and therefore fingerprints should identify him if he ever turns up alive.

Yes, weight is off, but there is a difference of twelve years between the time Darrell went missing and BK was found. Height is off, but perhaps the people who gave the missing report did not know exact height? Eye color is off, but because of the cataracts, perhaps his eye color changed? There is a new photo posted of him at Charley, a younger looking picture, and he has a similar chin to BK.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/calhoun_darrell.html

Attachments

• bk Darrell Calhoun compare.pdf
    76.4 KB · Views: 11
Darrell Glen Calhoun
Missing since July 14, 1992 from Conroe, TX
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 25,1956
Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"-5'9", 160-170 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White Male, Brown Hair, Brown Eyes
Marks, Scars: has scar on left knee
Clothing: Blue, buttoned shirt, blue jean shorts
Dentals: Not Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Calhoun was last seen in Conroe, TX on July 14, 1992. He was accompanied by his friend, Michael Beaudoin, at the time. They were co-workers in an auto repair shop in south Montgomery, TX. The two men left The Woodlands together in a gray 1979 Chevy Suburban with 2 black doors and the Texas License Plate number 655-4RD. The car was pulling a small blue box-type trailer with a silver top and the TX license plate number 786-BMN.
Calhound and Beauoin were supposed to meet two unidentified men at Salty's Bary north of Conroe on FM 1484, in order to sell them marijuana. They never arrived there. They were reported missing by their wives 2 days later. on July 19th, their vehicle and trailer were found cut into pieces along FM 1725 and Dabney Bottom Road in San Jacinto County, TX.
Foul play is suspected in the mens cases, which remains unsolved. Their disappearance may be drug related.
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Montgomery County Sheriffs Office

Det. Terance Greenwood
281-297-6508

Agency Case Number: 9207150218

NAMUS MP# 10875
Charley Project

Michael Keith Beaudoin
Missing since July 14, 1992 from Conroe, TX
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 4, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'11"-6'2", 165-175 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White Male, Brown Hair, Brown Eyes
Marks, Scars: has scar near his left eye
Clothing: Blue jeans, and pink short sleeved shirt
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Calhoun was last seen in Conroe, TX on July 14, 1992. He was accompanied by his friend, Darrell Calhoun, at the time. They were co-workers in an auto repair shop in south Montgomery, TX. The two men left The Woodlands together in a gray 1979 Chevy Suburban with 2 black doors and the Texas License Plate number 655-4RD. The car was pulling a small blue box-type trailer with a silver top and the TX license plate number 786-BMN.
Calhound and Beaudoin were supposed to meet two unidentified men at Salty's Bary north of Conroe on FM 1484, in order to sell them marijuana. They never arrived there. They were reported missing by their wives 2 days later. on July 19th, their vehicle and trailer were found cut into pieces along FM 1725 and Dabney Bottom Road in San Jacinto County, TX.
Foul play is suspected in the mens cases, which remains unsolved. Their disappearance may be drug related.
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Montgomery County Sheriffs Office

Det. Terance Greenwood
281-297-6508

Agency Case Number: 9207150218

NAMUS MP# 10867
Charley Project

What equipment would be needed to cut a car and trailer into pieces on a Farm-to-Market road? Gruesome thought, but I would not be surprised to learn the two missing men were also cut to pieces. I wonder if there is a river near where the vehicle was found.

I don't see any lakes or rivers nearby, but there are several creeks and it is still a highly rural area with lot of trees and fields. I would guess you are probably right that they were probably pieced out.

What equipment would be needed to cut a car and trailer into pieces on a Farm-to-Market road? Gruesome thought, but I would not be surprised to learn the two missing men were also cut to pieces. I wonder if there is a river near where the vehicle was found.

Thanks for the response. This is one of those cases that creeps me out. I've traveled that road several times and up until a few years ago, that intersection was heavily wooded and there's very little lighting at night. Also, given the bar they were supposed to meet the unidentified men at (or met in the parking lot and went somewhere else) is "local" and the vehicle dumping site is about 15 minutes away, the people responsible were likely very familiar with the area. Early articles mentioned "tips" and "informants," which makes me wonder if LE has their suspects but not enough evidence to make arrests.

BUMP!
Michael is a good friend of mine's father. I'm wanting to try and dig in and find more information but there just isn't much out there. I feel like so much time has passed that parties that might know something would be willing to say something now. In 2010 MOCO reached out to the family for DNA but it looks like that was just for CODIS.

BUMP!
Michael is a good friend of mine's father. I'm wanting to try and dig in and find more information but there just isn't much out there. I feel like so much time has passed that parties that might know something would be willing to say something now. In 2010 MOCO reached out to the family for DNA but it looks like that was just for CODIS.

Hi, heliska!

Thanks for the comment and for joining the board. This is obviously an open investigation but is there anything more you'd be able to publicly add about Michael that hasn't been in the Houston Chronicle and the MCSO cold case files? I'm from Southeast TX and this is one of those cases that I periodically Google to see if there has been any resolution.

Hi, heliska!

Thanks for the comment and for joining the board. This is obviously an open investigation but is there anything more you'd be able to publicly add about Michael that hasn't been in the Houston Chronicle and the MCSO cold case files? I'm from Southeast TX and this is one of those cases that I periodically Google to see if there has been any resolution.

I'm working on trying to gather more information about D.C., there just isn't much. I've searched marriage records for him in Montgomery and Harris County but can't find anything definitive. I MIGHT have found someone but I'm waiting on a response. My friend's family seems unwilling to continue to talk or give details, they're over it I guess. The detective seems to think he knows who the two men were that they were to meet at Salty's, but this isn't confirmed<modsnip: Removed content stated as fact without MSM to substantiate>

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP!
I'm finally on here.

I'm finally on here.

Thanks for joining! There's unfortunately not a lot out there about your dad's case. What time was he last seen on 7/14/92? When was the Suburban and trailer later discovered? Did your dad usually go to Salty's to sell weed and was it common for him to meet up with Darrell?

My dad was last seen around 7 p.m. The suburban and trailer were found about 2 weeks later. I believe there is an article about it in The Houston Chronicle. A gentleman was walking his dog and saw the a bumper with a license plate on it. As far as Salty's bar, I have no idea. I lived with my mom and I was 13 so I can't speak on that or about D.C. I don't remember him or I can't remember him, I'm not sure.

For members who know the families of either of these men, please consider becoming a Verified Insider so that you can post inside information without having to provide links to back up what you state.

It is a very easy process and an explanation can be found at this link, with instruction on how to apply.

If members are not verified, they must provide links to support what they claim, otherwise those posts will be removed.

Bumping this thread for discussion.

For members who know the families of either of these men, please consider becoming a Verified Insider so that you can post inside information without having to provide links to back up what you state.

It is a very easy process and an explanation can be found at this link, with instruction on how to apply.

If members are not verified, they must provide links to support what they claim, otherwise those posts will be

If members are not verified, they must provide links to support what they claim, otherwise those posts will be removed.

Michael is my father

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back