GUILTY Fl - Diane Ward, 55, Murdered In Her Orlando Home, 21 Sept 2009

Lorraining

Lorraining
Reaction score
James Robert Ward has been charged with second degree murder in the shooting death of his wife, Diane Ward. It happened at Isleworth Country Club, which is the most exclusive country club here in Orlando. It is home to Tiger Woods and many other of Orlando's most famous people...in other words, a very secure community.

I'm going to give a brief synopsis first and then will give a link to the Orlando Sentinel site where there is much more information.

Last night, around 8:00 p.m., James Robert Ward (Bob Ward) called 911 and reported that he had shot his wife. He told the dispatcher where her body was in the house and where he placed the gun after shooting her. Numerous police cars and an ambulance arrived at the scene. Diane was found dead in the master bedroom with a gunshot in the head. While police were in the house, they overheard Mr. Ward on the phone telling a different story to his bankruptcy attorney...that his wife had committed suicide. He was arrested, handcuffed and taken to jail. A high school student who lived on the same block took video of him being put in the patrol car and gave it to the media.

Information has been coming out in bits and pieces throughout the day. The Wards were in serious financial trouble.

More information can be found here:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-isleworth-shooting-update-092209,0,1203939.story

Here is a link to the arrest affadavit:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21061821/detail.html

This man is guilty as sin. He tells the dispatcher several times on the phone that he shot his wife, but then after the "shock" wears off, he realizes that he needs to lawyer up and change his story. If there is any justice in this world, he will NOT get away with this!

YES...why don't they kill themselves instead of their spouse and/or children? I will never understand that. Thank goodness that their children are grown and weren't in the house.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...worth-shooting-suspect-092809,0,1247521.story

The recordings taped Sept. 25 and Sept. 26 at the Orange County Jail shows James Robert Ward giving a thumbs-up, unbuttoning his blue jumpsuit and modeling it for his daughter, Mallory Ward, and his sister-in-law, Paula Saare. Both women giggle as Ward poses in a room on the other end of the televised conversation.

"It's a lovely fall collection that I think you're got on," his older daughter Mallory Ward jokes to her father. She also makes faces and breaks into a dance for her father from a chair behind her aunt

You would think with all the attention on the CA case, that they would think twice before they do stuff like this, knowing that the media can request it. At least the sister-in-law realizes.

Despite the laughter and efforts to keep Ward's spirits up, Saare warns Ward their conversation is not private.

"The media can request transcripts of this, so we want to be pretty much as bland as possible," Saare tells Ward. "Because these guys, you know, we just don't want to give them anything."

I believe he is guilty and then when he does things like this, it just makes me believe it more, he has no remorse, or doesn't seem the least bit upset that his wife is gone.

From the link above:

During the jail phone call, the family discusses final arrangements for Diane Ward, whom her husband describes as "a wonderful person." She will be cremated and two memorials held -- one in their former hometown of Atlanta and another in Cocoa so her mother can attend, Saare tells James Ward.

"With any luck, I'll be out of here next week," Robert Ward says...

At the end of the phone call, James Ward asks Saare, "Was this national news or something?" "Oh, yes," she replies. "It's crazy," he says. "It's crazy."

Crazy is right! What incredibly bizarre reactions from the daughter! I mean, it would be one thing if she chose to believe her dad, but she could at least act a little sad that her mother is dead!

From the link above:

During the jail phone call, the family discusses final arrangements for Diane Ward, whom her husband describes as "a wonderful person." She will be cremated and two memorials held -- one in their former hometown of Atlanta and another in Cocoa so her mother can attend, Saare tells James Ward.

"With any luck, I'll be out of here next week," Robert Ward says...

At the end of the phone call, James Ward asks Saare, "Was this national news or something?" "Oh, yes," she replies. "It's crazy," he says. "It's crazy."

Crazy is right! What incredibly bizarre reactions from the daughter! I mean, it would be one thing if she chose to believe her dad, but she could at least act a little sad that her mother is dead!

Her actions are just as crazy as her father's, and I have a hard time believing that they didn't think it would go national (technically, international, since I'm in Canada! LOL).

Isn't the sis-in-law visiting HER sister??? That is what I understand. WTF is wrong with these people. I thought it would be impossible to make the A's appear to be sympathetic figures, but this group might do it.

This man is clowning just like Drew P., now what do they have in common?

Isn't the sis-in-law visiting HER sister??? That is what I understand. WTF is wrong with these people. I thought it would be impossible to make the A's appear to be sympathetic figures, but this group might do it.

They are definitely up there with the A's that's for sure. I find the behaviour extremely odd, all the joking around they are doing during the jail visit, and even the phone conversation that was released, not one person sounds like they are mourning the loss of their mother/wife, etc.

I'm gobsmacked. Is this family for real? The laughing and joking straight after the death of your mother, sister, wife...how is that possible?

That video is going to come back and bite him on the butt in a major way.

No kidding! what a bunch of nut cases. Even the dead woman's sister doesn't seem to give a hoot. They are all laughing and having a good time. Good grief!

No kidding! what a bunch of nut cases. Even the dead woman's sister doesn't seem to give a hoot. They are all laughing and having a good time. Good grief!

It certainly makes you wonder what was going on, and how much involvement the children and sister have with the outcome.

WTF??? These people are unbelievable!!! I'm glad they are stupid and acted like this, when they knew the media would be able to get these videos. What a lovely family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back