1138 users online (230 members and 908 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New Mackenzie Phillips Book Reveals Sexual Relationship With Her Father

Wow..no wonder she's had drug problems. The Entertainment Tonight website also reveals that she tells Oprah that her father shot her up with cocaine. Links below.

http://www.people.com/people/article...s-topheadlines

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/09/78905/

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    Wow..no wonder she's had drug problems. The Entertainment Tonight website also reveals that she tells Oprah that her father shot her up with cocaine. Links below.

http://www.people.com/people/article...s-topheadlines

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/09/78905/
    I was wondering what the big reveal was going to be on Oprah. That is absolutely disgusting. I wonder if he did that with any of his other daughters?
    I never held him in high esteem but I never had him pegged as a child molester. Just goes to show ya.

ETA: Just read the People link. I guess he's not technically a child molester if she was an adult (19)? Still disgusting, I feel like vomiting. I usually love to read biographies of celebs but I don't know about this one. I hope it is very healing for her to disclose this b/c I can't imagine revealing such a horrible secret to the masses. I'm usually all for getting child molestation out in the open b/c I think it helps the victim and people can learn from it. But this was a consentual thing, not really the same thing.
    Last edited by shopper; 09-22-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shopper View Post
    I was wondering what the big reveal was going to be on Oprah. That is absolutely disgusting. I wonder if he did that with any of his other daughters?
    I never held him in high esteem but I never had him pegged as a child molester. Just goes to show ya.
    Gross, I wonder if it's really true. A lot of people make up stuff in order to sell books. I hope it's not true but if it is. (shudder)

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Gross, I wonder if it's really true. A lot of people make up stuff in order to sell books. I hope it's not true but if it is. (shudder)
    If it is true, why would you want to tell ANYONE about it? Maybe a therapist in private but certainly not the whole world. And if it isn't true, that's about the last thing in the world I would make up to sell a book! (repeat shudder!)

What's really fooked up is she's making excuses for his behaviour, saying SHE was having sex with her own father. Telling people not to hate him.

On the evening before her wedding no less:

"My father was not a man with boundaries. He was full of love, and he was sick with drugs. I woke up that night from a blackout to find myself having sex with my own father.

Molester-daddy goes on to say they can move to Fiji (where this type of behaviour is accepted).

She says her sexual relationship with him had become consensual.

No Mac - you were sexually abused/assaulted. You were brainwashed to make you think it's right. Similar to Stockholm Syndrome, you chose a positive psychological response to your abuser. You're STILL showing signs of loyalty to your abuser.

You need help -- and revealing this family secret to the public is not the way to go about it. Is it for sympathy?

No more excuses - he shot you up with drugs, gave you pills, raped you. Tell it like it is and don't sugarcoat it (like you did on Oprah).

May God be with you.

Mel

I do not know what to say to this , other then I hope I never find this book at a yard sale so I am not tempted to read it. Not that I dont think there are a myriad of issues she has worked to accept and cope with,I just do not feel she has worked though them enough to write a book based on the information she shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I know, I can't help but to think it may well be true. Because why on earth would you make that up, even for money? I have no idea what her financial status or situation is, but surely she's not that desperate to sell books? I'm still just sick, I really wish she hadn't felt the need to share this with the public. If she has any altruistic reasons, then I hope it is worth it.

maybe she's having 'false memories' that came out through therapy

if she was that wasted on drugs that she was having blackouts, then how can she remember anything or trust the memories she has?

I have no doubt they shot each other up with drugs

I have many doubts as to the veracity of her accusations that aren't really accusations b/c they were both adults & she still loves him & we shouldn't judge that

I remember reading the Mick J and her story in another book I read years ago. I cannot recall the name of the book. It doesn't make it fact; just because this same story has been written in another book...however, I believe her.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

What a horrible man. I'll never listen to the Mamas and the Papas the same way again.

"You gotta go where you wanna go, do what you wanna do, with whoever you wanna do it with.."

She needs to realize that she was a victim and that her father was a very bad person for doing what he did to her.

I ponder what the rest of the family has to say. I know that her father is dead, so he can't defend himself against her accusations.
    Last edited by Elphaba; 09-23-2009 at 04:46 AM.

I can't say I'm surprised but I am disgusted. She was nineteen. I can understand that she was under the influence and possibly passed out the first time, but to continue the relationship??? It's a sick family.

Oh, and I agree with everyone else. Why tell it?

I think it take a tremendous amount of courage to publicly reveal something taboo about yourself. Ultimately it can be very healing for the person telling it and for people hearing it. Frankly, if you are going to write an autobiography, why hold anything pertinent back unless you are really just trying to write a fictional re-imagining of your life?

I haven't read her book and I doubt I will, but I applaud her honesty. She has had a rough life and I hope releasing some of this information was cathartic for her and leads her to a deeper sense of peace and acceptance.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    I think it take a tremendous amount of courage to publicly reveal something taboo about yourself. Ultimately it can be very healing for the person telling it and for people hearing it. Frankly, if you are going to write an autobiography, why hold anything pertinent back unless you are really just trying to write a fictional re-imagining of your life?

I haven't read her book and I doubt I will, but I applaud her honesty. She has had a rough life and I hope releasing some of this information was cathartic for her and leads her to a deeper sense of peace and acceptance.
    Personally, I think she's a coward. This information would have been much more useful if daddy-molester were still alive and could be prosecuted for his crimes. To tell it now that he's deceased is a moot point IMHO. The only thing she can do now is work through it via therapy.

On another note, he died in 2001 -- why come out with this now. I'm sure curious as to what Chynna and Bijou Phillips have to say about this. Not to mention Michelle Phillips. I'm sure statements from them will come out soon.

Again - just my opinion.

Mel

I am not sure who MP is, is this the same girl that says she slept with Mick Jagger or someone at like 15 and that he told her he had been wanting her since they first met when she was 10? I may be totally mixing up that story, but anyway...her father was a sick pervert and I really feel sorry for her that she doesn't see that she was a victim.
    Happy New Years

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast