867 users online (147 members and 720 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 129
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,857

    Searching for Anna - #4

    That last thread was getting a bit long. I hope no one minds I started another. Will ask the mods to lock the last one.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    That last thread was getting a bit long. I hope no one minds I started another. Will ask the mods to lock the last one.
    Good idea Cubby! Perhaps a chance to start anew with additional info!

    : )

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,760

    Happy Birthday

    Today is Anna's 42nd birthday. Wherever you are, blessings and love, my girl!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    301
    Happy Birthday Anna!



    raf

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,857
    Happy Birthday Anna!

    :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    361
    Happy Birthday Anna
    Last edited by OzzieMum; 09-25-2009 at 04:35 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,698
    Has anyone ever set up some sort of a listing such as...

    Is anyone looking for me?

    I am blond (now a bit brunette), brown eyed, I look a bit like this, I remember this, I think I lived here, I think my Mother's name was/could be this, I think I'm adopted/abducted, I may have lived here, I remember this...

    Is there such a place on the internet where those that could be searching can look???

    Just thinking out loud!

    Happy Birthday Anna! : )

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Has anyone ever set up some sort of a listing such as...

    Is anyone looking for me?

    I am blond (now a bit brunette), brown eyed, I look a bit like this, I remember this, I think I lived here, I think my Mother's name was/could be this, I think I'm adopted/abducted, I may have lived here, I remember this...

    Is there such a place on the internet where those that could be searching can look???

    Just thinking out loud!

    Happy Birthday Anna! : )
    IIRC, I think so. Do a search for the entire forum... I remember reading something about it but not sure where.... I think it was GinaM who may have added the info? Will look but won't have a few days until I can. Anyone?
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  9. #9
    :birthday_party:

    Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Today is Anna's 42nd birthday. Wherever you are, blessings and love, my girl!
    Wow, I barely made it back home in time to wish Anna a very Happy Birthday!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New england
    Posts
    3,748
    happy birthday anna


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    765
    Happy Birthday Anna!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Has anyone ever set up some sort of a listing such as...

    Is anyone looking for me?

    I am blond (now a bit brunette), brown eyed, I look a bit like this, I remember this, I think I lived here, I think my Mother's name was/could be this, I think I'm adopted/abducted, I may have lived here, I remember this...

    Is there such a place on the internet where those that could be searching can look???

    Just thinking out loud!

    Happy Birthday Anna! : )
    Pink Panther, I believe we are thinking along the same lines. I'm wondering how costly it is to do the age progressed picture? I've been considering a different type of layout for a poster. How I came to it is by pre-supposing a number of things:

    *That Anna does not know she was is adopted or abducted.

    *Any recollections have been either re-framed or pushed aside as she can't place them?

    *Anna, as many others may not see a resemblance initially to herself from a picture but others who know her would.

    *Attempting to use images that could trigger memories and feelings she has had could work

    I've thought of revisiting the age-progressed picture and having it updated. Make it larger on the poster and additionally add a couple of other smaller photos which may be kinestically recalled. From a child’s point of view with recollection, she may not remember her own face but would of her mothers, brothers as well as the feeling of being held and looking at her mom. As well as playing with the puppy. So adding these as the smaller pictures along side the larger age-progressed one. Than having a short specific write up along the bottom of the poster.

    I'm just thinking to catch the initial attention with the photos so that someone seeing it would take a closer look since it appears like someone they know. Perhaps they would take it down to show them.

    Anyway, those are some thoughts I've had and wanted to share to see if it's a possibility. What does anyone else think about this?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Pink Panther, I believe we are thinking along the same lines. I'm wondering how costly it is to do the age progressed picture? I've been considering a different type of layout for a poster. How I came to it is by pre-supposing a number of things:

    *That Anna does not know she was is adopted or abducted.

    *Any recollections have been either re-framed or pushed aside as she can't place them?

    *Anna, as many others may not see a resemblance initially to herself from a picture but others who know her would.

    *Attempting to use images that could trigger memories and feelings she has had could work

    I've thought of revisiting the age-progressed picture and having it updated. Make it larger on the poster and additionally add a couple of other smaller photos which may be kinestically recalled. From a child’s point of view with recollection, she may not remember her own face but would of her mothers, brothers as well as the feeling of being held and looking at her mom. As well as playing with the puppy. So adding these as the smaller pictures along side the larger age-progressed one. Than having a short specific write up along the bottom of the poster.

    I'm just thinking to catch the initial attention with the photos so that someone seeing it would take a closer look since it appears like someone they know. Perhaps they would take it down to show them.

    Anyway, those are some thoughts I've had and wanted to share to see if it's a possibility. What does anyone else think about this?
    I love these ideas!!
    I agree, let's do something different, to get the word out to Anna xox

    Happy Birthday DEAR Anna!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    I love these ideas!!
    I agree, let's do something different, to get the word out to Anna xox

    Happy Birthday DEAR Anna!!
    thanks

    I don't know specific tos rules here so if I'm out of line please disregard and I'll remove. A general idea I had was mapping out a specific area and getting the posters out. (working our way around and outwards) I would more then willing to map it and also getting posters to people I know in cities of Provinces in Canada. So that they could put them up.

    Getting them into high traffic areas. This is quite different now then in days pass. I can come up; as all of you would be able to with the many likely general places people will pass thru. We really don't need hundreds in a city, just a small amount in prime locations.

    I just want to do something that would be breath a renewed life into the search and possibly getting attention. It would be great to get this picked up as an hour story nationally.. internationally.

    As I walk around the city I live and others I've travelled to.. and I walk alot, I don't see enough posters of age progressed missing children. Anyhow, I'm brainstorming. Hope that is okay
    Last edited by Mystic; 09-26-2009 at 02:28 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Pink Panther, I believe we are thinking along the same lines. I'm wondering how costly it is to do the age progressed picture? I've been considering a different type of layout for a poster. How I came to it is by pre-supposing a number of things:

    *That Anna does not know she was is adopted or abducted.

    *Any recollections have been either re-framed or pushed aside as she can't place them?

    *Anna, as many others may not see a resemblance initially to herself from a picture but others who know her would.

    *Attempting to use images that could trigger memories and feelings she has had could work

    I've thought of revisiting the age-progressed picture and having it updated. Make it larger on the poster and additionally add a couple of other smaller photos which may be kinestically recalled. From a child’s point of view with recollection, she may not remember her own face but would of her mothers, brothers as well as the feeling of being held and looking at her mom. As well as playing with the puppy. So adding these as the smaller pictures along side the larger age-progressed one. Than having a short specific write up along the bottom of the poster.

    I'm just thinking to catch the initial attention with the photos so that someone seeing it would take a closer look since it appears like someone they know. Perhaps they would take it down to show them.

    Anyway, those are some thoughts I've had and wanted to share to see if it's a possibility. What does anyone else think about this?
    Mystic - I DO think that we're thinking along the same lines! I'm one year older than Anna and often think about what has happened since she was abducted and what I would do/how I would search if I had an inkling to search...

    If Anna is alive (which continue to have great hopes for) I believe that she was likely either placed in an orphanage or with adoptive parents. In either case, I think it most unlikely that she was given/able to maintain her original name. How does someone who doesn't know their real name find themselves??? They could rely on memories (I know we have a thread here on what she might remember - but how would she ever come and look for herself there?). How else? Perhaps someone has told her "snippets" of her origins. Where she was born, why she was given up for adoption, etc...

    This just drives me nuts! How does someone try to reach out for someone who might not have enough information about themselves to determine their true origins???

    This is why I thought that a "Do you know me?" post could help. Occasionally, people who have suffered amnesia are brought into the news in an attempt to find out where they came from...That is the closest situation that I can think of to try to bring Anna home.

    I hope that Anna has had a terrific Birthday (even if she might not know that it was her real Birthday)!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Searching For Anna Book: Download and Comments
    By Dr. Doogie in forum Anna Christian Waters
    Replies: 224
    Last Post: 07-15-2016, 07:41 PM
  2. Searching For Anna - #3
    By Dr. Doogie in forum Anna Christian Waters Discussion Threads
    Replies: 480
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 02:23 PM
  3. Searching for Anna - #1
    By tybee204 in forum Anna Christian Waters Discussion Threads
    Replies: 921
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 12:14 PM