GUILTY NC - Jessy Richardson, 21, murdered in Jacksonville, 19 Sept 2009

Very young Marine has killed his wife. Strangled her, supposedly left her at the apartment for 2 days, intending to kill himself. He can't go through with it, calls 911 and turns himself in.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/accused-67943-wife-killing.html#slComments

I live in this town - this is the same town of the Cesar Laurean nightmare.

My daughter is married to a Marine and this is where they live. I wonder what apartment this took place in such as Military housing or private. It seems that Marines have a higher rate of suicide/murder although I don't have any facts in front of me so is just my opinion. I read recently about a high ranking Army officer who lost his son to suicide has begun a new program to address issues these military people are living with. Didn't a camp IIRC in Ky. was closed down for a period of time due to a high rate of deaths? I apologize for going somewhat OT but was trying to bring to light that something is going on with our military family.

Novice Seeker

My daughter is married to a Marine and this is where they live. I wonder what apartment this took place in such as Military housing or private. It seems that Marines have a higher rate of suicide/murder although I don't have any facts in front of me so is just my opinion. I read recently about a high ranking Army officer who lost his son to suicide has begun a new program to address issues these military people are living with. Didn't a camp IIRC in Ky. was closed down for a period of time due to a high rate of deaths? I apologize for going somewhat OT but was trying to bring to light that something is going on with our military family.

Novice Seeker

Novice,

This happened in an apartment complex called The Reserves at Jacksonville Commons. Very upscale, private apartment community off-base.

I'm surprised that the mother of the deceased has requested that he serve no prison time, and get the help he needs. This tells me that they were probably a very loving couple, and he snapped. Praying for the family.

From December 2010:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ne...rine_gets_about_20_years_for_strangling_wife/

A former Marine who admitted strangling his wife with a belt after believing she had been possessed by another person was sentenced Wednesday to more than 19 years in prison and will receive mental health treatment behind bars.

Cody Richardson, 23, apologized in court and pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the 2009 slaying of his 21-year-old wife, Jessy Lauer-Richardson...

Lauer also said that with the right counseling, perhaps one day her son-in-law could be healed. "I believe very strongly that Cody is not well. I also believe very strongly that Cody needs help," her statement said. "The man who married my daughter, Jessy, is a loving, kind, sensitive, intelligent human being who loved his wife unquestionably."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back