MS - Arthur & Lori Allain for starving 10yo girl, Brooksville, 2004

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
BROOKSVILLE - She spent a third of her young life behind a bedroom door, locked to keep her brother from sneaking in snacks. She drank milk and, three times a day, received a spoonful of food. When the authorities found her, she was 10 years old and 29 pounds.

The couple entrusted by the state to care for her said it was for her own good.

``When they showed me pictures of the 10-year-old girl, it reminded me of the photos after World War II of the Nazi death camps,'' Hernando County Sheriff Richard Nugent said. ``Her eyes and face are sunken. The little girl has some serious problems that may affect her mental development.''

A month after child welfare workers removed the girl and her brother from the Brooksville home, authorities on Friday arrested Arthur Thomas Allain Jr., 46, and Lori Allain, 47, both of 14327 Hurricane Drive, on charges of aggravated child abuse and neglect.

They were released from the Hernando County Jail after posting $20,000 bail each.

Authorities say the couple kept the girl locked in her bedroom from Jan. 26, 2001, to May 18. She was rescued that day by workers for the Florida Department of Children & Families who were acting on a complaint.

During the investigation, Lori Allain appeared in Fifth Judicial Circuit Court for a hearing before Judge Curtis Neal.

According to court documents, she testified that the girl suffered from an eating disorder that caused her to vomit what she had been fed. The couple placed a double- keyed lock on the bedroom door, she testified, to keep the girl's brother from feeding her.

Lori Allain testified that the couple put the girl on a strict diet of one spoonful of food three times a way. They gave her several glasses of milk a day, as well as the dietary supplement Ensure.

A paint bucket was placed in the child's room as a toilet

http://www.tampatrib.com/MGB700T7NVD.html

Of course this poor girl vomited if she ate...she was so malnourished her body couldn't digest the food. If she had an eating disorder HELLO! take her to the doctor.

After all of the horrible stories I've been reading tonight, I think I'm going to change my sig to "Those that harm animals or children should rot in a cell, then in hell."

A defense attorney said Wednesday he was uncertain about the whereabouts oif Arthur "Tommy" Allain Jr. and Lori Allain, but he was trying to contact them.
"I don't know where they're at," said Brooksville attorney Elliot Ambrose, who is representing Arthur Allain. "I don't know where they're at."

The Allains became fugitives Tuesday when they failed to show up for their trial at the Hernando County Courthouse.

Arthur Allain, 47, and Lori Allain, 48, both of 14327 Hurricane Drive in Royal Highlands, were to face charges of aggravated child abuse and child neglect. They are accused of starving a 10-year-old girl and locking her in a bedroom for several months.

The Allains contend the child had an eating disorder.
http://www.hernandotoday.com/MGB9LT8CAFE.html

Wow.. so they are on the run. I wonder who posted the 40,000 bail $$ - that is forfeited now, right?

Casshew said:
According to court documents, she testified that the girl suffered from an eating disorder that caused her to vomit what she had been fed. ..............

I'm sure there are medical records to prove this. What responsible parent would let a child with an eating disorder starve to death without seeing a doctor?

Good Lord!! Another case where the parents are too stupid to see a child is starving. How blind do they have to be not to see it?

They should be had for attempted murder, IMO. :furious:

So where's the son?

(man, I'm about to sound like my mother when I was young...)

I've about had it up to here with these stories!

Screw the legal system, with all the member's here, we could form a group and mete out our own system of Vigilanti Justice on these people. :croc:

Some one should reward the boy, even as a child he recognised that what the parents were doing was not right, and he tried to do what he could to help. I hope that the boy and the girl are together now.

I am curious about this statement:
The couple entrusted by the state to care for her said it was for her own good.
Were they foster parents by any chance?
If they were why wasn't the state more involved with this child and her welfare?
I am sick, not only of the parents who hurt their children- but also of the state agencies who remove the kids from "bad" situations, only to put them into worse situations and then forget about them. Then they hide behind "confidential information" to keep from acknowleging their faults.

Floh said:
They should be had for attempted murder, IMO. :furious:

I wonder if this child could now be brain damaged from the malnutrition and her whole life affected from now on even if she gets good care. Those people shouldn't have been let out on bond.

OMG, do they look rough?? Those two children can come and live with me...no one has ever gone without a meal in this house!! Between my Polish background and living in Texas...we like to eat! Poor babies.

Let me see if I understand this???

SHe had an eating disorder so lock her up an starve her???

I am sorry but somehow that line of reasoning fails to compute in my brain..
Why lock her up?? What did that have to do with an eating disorder??
I say that the people of the state of Florida sentence these two to the exact same treatment..
Make sure you provide the potty bucket and 3 BITES of food per day and don't forget the plenty of milk.
Hell lets be humanitarians and give them 4 bites per day.

Finding a way to place the four sons with family would have avoided nearly three months of hiding, Lori Allain says.

The story of the Allains on the lam could've been over almost before it ever even started.

So says the Allains' daughter, Kristen Staab, 23, who lives off Spring Hill Drive near the Suncoast Parkway.

So says Jason Barrett, 27, Kristen Staab's live-in boyfriend and the father of her baby that's due in July.

So say . . . the Allains.

"It's true," Lori Allain said Thursday night in the latest in a series of the family's lengthy conversations with the St. Petersburg Times over the last week and a half.

Lori Allain, 49, and her husband, Arthur "Tommy" Allain, 47, have been hiding out since Oct. 25, when they didn't appear in court for the start of their trial on charges that they starved their 10-year-old foster daughter down to 29 pounds.

But in their first week on the run, they said, they were ready to turn themselves in through a pair of agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation office in New Port Richey - only, though, under the condition that their four biological sons, ranging in age from 12 to 16 years old, would be put with relatives.

No one could make that guarantee.

"All they had to do was agree to give us the kids," Barrett said Thursday from his home, "and they would've had Tommy and Lori."

"I don't doubt that for a second," Staab said. "There would've been no problem whatsoever. As long as she felt the kids were going to be fine. This would've been over a long time ago."

"I would've been back immediately if they had allowed somebody in my family to take my children," Lori Allain said. "That day."

So they're gone. Still.

She said Wednesday morning her kids were out of the country. She said Thursday night her kids were in Canada. "And I'm not afraid to say that," she said, "because they're so far underground no one will ever find them."
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/08/Hernando/Fugitives_wanted_kids.shtml

Ok, A ten year old girl has an eating disorder. First of all... HOW does that happen? Where did she come from? Why were these monsters taking care of her. They worry about who'd going to care for their own children, but not about their care of the child they were entrusted with? This is beyond bizzarre.

It's no wonder Lori Allain is scared to death of DCF and foster care.

She knows what they did to the foster care child in their home.

God forbid that treatment should befall her own precious babies.

mysteriew said:
So says the Allains' daughter, Kristen Staab, 23, who lives off Spring Hill Drive near the Suncoast Parkway.

So says Jason Barrett, 27, Kristen Staab's live-in boyfriend and the father of her baby that's due in July.

four biological sons, ranging in age from 12 to 16 years old, would be put with relatives.
So Why not charge, the grown up daughter and grown up daughters boyfriend with Aiding and abetting, and as accomplices in child endangerment, They had to have know about this travesty.. Ok Mom and Dad have this 29 lb 10 year old in thier care, are they not guilty of not turning in mommy and daddy_ do we as citizens not have the obligation to scream to CPS when something is not right. _ if they do that, they might be able to get the freaks who really did this back in custody.

This pisses me off - these people seem to have the attitude that if LE only complied with what THEY wanted, then they wouldn't have had to run away. If officials had only met the accused criminals demands, then this all could have been resolved a long time ago.

However, I will say that if I was ever wrongly accused of something, and LE tried to take my kids away, I'd run or hide them, before I let them go into foster care. But I also wouldn't starve a 10 year old foster child and then act like it's LE's fault - hence the difference.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-2/113713367860520.xml&coll=1
A Florida couple on the run from charges they starved their 10-year-old foster child have been arrested at a motel in Toms River, authorities said yesterday.
Lori and Arthur Allain of Brooksville were taken into custody at 4:45 p.m. Wednesday at the Quality Inn on Route 37 after police received information they might be there, said Dover Township Police Chief Michael Mastronardy.
Police also took into custody four children who were with the Allains. Mastronardy said he did not know who the children were, but authorities in Hernando County, Fla., said they were the Allains' four biological sons, who range in age from 12 to 16 . . ..

Didn't they ever take her to a Doctor? and if they did where are the medical reports saying that she was suffering from this "eating dissorder"
and the Doctor's order stating that she was to be cared for in the manner that she was. There is none because NO Doctor at least in thier right mind would EVER say "put her in a room with a paint can for a toilet and lock the door and by the way only feed her three teaspoons of food a day and she may have some milk and some ensure. Give me a Break!:behindbar

BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- A Hernando County husband and wife convicted of starving their 10-year-old foster daughter were sentenced to 25 years in prison Thursday.

Lori and Arthur "Tommy" Allain were convicted last month of aggravated child abuse and neglect. The girl weighed 29 pounds when she was taken from their home in May 2004, well below the healthy median weight of 72 pounds for girls her age. Authorities said the Allains kept her in a locked room with only a bucket for a toilet.

The Allains also must serve 20 years' probation after getting out of prison. "It might as well be a death sentence as far as I'm concerned," Arthur Allain told state Circuit Judge Jack Springstead.

The Allains had cared for the girl and her 14-year-old brother for about four years after a friend of the couple lost custody of the children, authorities said. Sheriff's deputies removed the children from the Allains' home after the 14-year-old boy told authorities the Allains refused to feed his sister.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FL_GIRL_STARVED_FLOL-?SITE=FLMYR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back