762 users online (105 members and 657 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

19.2 lb baby born

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93042?fp=1

Wow, he is huge...but a real cutie. I wish his parents and him the best of luck.
    Happy New Years

I thought mine was big at 9.1... not even close.

Ouch!

haha the baby beside him is looking at him like "what is that monstrous-looking thing beside me?"

Ouch is right! This makes me wonder, how big will this kid be at 1,5,12? Will his growth eventually be on the charts?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Even with C-sections, I can't imagine what the past months have been like for mom. Gosh, at six months pregnant, they're kicking your bladder and your stomach, can you imagine the pregnancy that this mom had?!?

The baby is adorable!

WOW!!! My first baby was 10 lbs even... and I thought that was huge. THAT baby there is... wow! Wishing him and his family the best...

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Ouch is right! This makes me wonder, how big will this kid be at 1,5,12? Will his growth eventually be on the charts?
    For what it is worth: my 10lb newborn was well above average all through his early growing years, but he is now considered a petite adult! On the flip side: my ex hubby was a premie and tiny most of his infant years, but grew into a 6ft10 linebacker sized man. So birth size can be deceiving, at times...

My mum's first baby was 10lbs and she was just too small to deliver him vaginally - but the doctors waited for too long deciding on whether to do a c-section, and by the time they had finally gotten a hold of a doctor who knew how to do one, the baby had passed away. A grueling labour, and a horrible outcome... I am so grateful she decided to brave that all again for me and my siblings!

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    My mum's first baby was 10lbs and she was just too small to deliver him vaginally - but the doctors waited for too long deciding on whether to do a c-section, and by the time they had finally gotten a hold of a doctor who knew how to do one, the baby had passed away. A grueling labour, and a horrible outcome... I am so grateful she decided to brave that all again for me and my siblings!
    I am grateful also that she braved it all again for you and your siblings!

My mom struggled with me, the last one, at 8 lbs. I am so thankful for the doctor that told her it was all okay to be pregnant so many times (and I'm also sort of thankful that he said "enough's enough" after I was born.)

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    We need a new forum.

Instead of "News That Makes You Smile" we should have a forum called;

"News That Makes You Go;
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGFFFLUBLUBGLUG that would hurt."
    Last edited by Tricia; 09-24-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    We need a new forum.

Instead of "News That Makes You Smile" we should have a forum called;

"News That Makes You Go;
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGFFFLUBLUBGLUG that would hurt."
    Your idea of a title is much nicer than what I would title the forum. Mine would be called "There is no fricken way you'll believe THIS!"

I'm still trying to figure out how you carry a baby this size around? Is it easier to use one of those "thingees" that cradle the baby and hook around your neck and shoulder like a hammock? (I'm sure there's a brand name, I just don't know what it is?) There is no way I could carry a baby this size in a child carrier/infant seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    Your idea of a title is much nicer than what I would title the forum. Mine would be called "There is no fricken way you'll believe THIS!"

I'm still trying to figure out how you carry a baby this size around? Is it easier to use one of those "thingees" that cradle the baby and hook around your neck and shoulder like a hammock? (I'm sure there's a brand name, I just don't know what it is?) There is no way I could carry a baby this size in a child carrier/infant seat.
    That's what I was thinking! Imagine coming home from the hospital and having to lug this guy around. Babies are meant to be small, because we're tired, sore and sluggish after birth. I'd be thinking, "you better learn to walk, PDQ, kid," with every step.

Do larger babies (like this fella) hit their milestones (rolling over, walking) any faster than their smaller peers?

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    Do larger babies (like this fella) hit their milestones (rolling over, walking) any faster than their smaller peers?
    My doctor said my son may have learned to walk early because he was bigger starting out and could push himself to a stand from birth, but that it didn't always work that way, so I don't know.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast