IL - Sheriff's police raid dog-fighting ring at day care home

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
I am so sick and tired of this. I honestly will never, ever understand. Dog's are meant for love and companionship and that's all they live for. I can't even say what I want to happen to the owner of the dogs. :furious:

***WARNING*** Graphic descriptions of injured dogs

CHICAGO - Cook County sheriff's police said they seized nine mutilated and abused dogs this week from a dogfighting ring operating out of a Maywood day care home.

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-dog-fighting-operation-in-day-care-sep23,0,2129685.story?page=1

Lucy's mom - What a horrific article :furious::furious::furious: I am sick to my stomach and sitting her asking myself how anyone can do the things talked about in this article. There can be no hope for humanity when men can lie to themselves about the things they are doing the way these people are. I am at a loss, whenever I read things like this, as to what to do with these people. I class them with the worst sex offenders, unsalvagable. That they can profit from, and ENJOY causing so much pain and devastation is not something I can wrap my brain around. Add to that that neighbors said they had called the cops SEVERAL TIMES with no response...:banghead:

Alcatraz is empty, correct? I want to start a petition to reopen Alcatraz, no guards, no supplies, nothing. Gotta keep the cost down - :dance: Just take these a$$holes and chuck 'em in, we could drop them in from a helicopter. I want the job shoving them out the door. They are worse than animals, they can go be animals away from society. ALL OF THEM! You get popped for hurting kids or animals, in you go....maybe that would slow them down. :furious: Why do we still call these things human?? Gives the rest of us a bad name..:twocents:

Sept 2009:

A Maywood man charged Thursday with dogfighting had a video on his cell phone of an animal being burned to death, Cook County sheriff's police said.

Martez Anderson, 38, was arrested when he showed up at a bond hearing for two other Maywood men allegedly involved in a dogfighting ring, police said...

Bail was set at $500,000 for Anderson and for Charles Sutton, 42, and Lance Webb, 27, all of Maywood, who were arrested Tuesday and charged with felony dogfighting...

the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services has since shut down the day-care facility.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-09-25/news/0909240955_1_dogfighting-maywood-raid

Graphic details:

Three people were arrested and nine dogs were found during the raid on a licensed home day care in Maywood, including one with a leg twisted backward, another whose limbs appeared to have been nearly torn off and a puppy that had had an eye ripped out. Ten children were being watched at the time, police said...

In the garage, police found an 18-month-old pit bull with three 4-week old puppies. They were all kept in a wire cage soaked in feces and urine, and all were emaciated. Police believe the puppies were already being used in fights as "bait dogs"...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/dogfighting-ring-busted-a_n_296449.html

July 2010 - the case sparks new legislation:

lawyers worked with the Cook County Sheriff's Department to craft the comprehensive bill, which would make it a Class 3 Felony to stage a dog fight within 1,000 feet of a school, public park, playground, daycare center, or group home. Rep. Karen Yarborough and Sen. Kimberly Lightford sponsored the measure, H.B. 5790, and the Cook County Sheriff's Department, Best Friends Animal Society, Safe Humane Chicago and Steve Dale's efforts helped lead to its passage.

H.B. 5790 sailed through the Illinois Legislature and was now on Governor Pat Quinn's desk.

Governor Pat Quinn signed H.B. 5790 into law 07/17/10 (with Rou, a pit bull, in attendance)

http://www.examiner.com/article/cook-county-daycare-center-sight-of-dog-fighting-operation

They should have made all dog-fighting a Class 3 felony, wherever it takes place. :mad:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back