936 users online (174 members and 762 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

J&J recalls infants', children's liquid Tylenol

NEW YORK – Johnson & Johnson's McNeil unit said Thursday it is voluntarily recalling 57 lots of infants' and children's liquid Tylenol products because of possible bacterial contamination.

The products being recalled were made between April and June and include nearly two dozen varieties, including Children's Tylenol Suspension 4 oz. Grape, Infants' Tylenol Grape Suspension Drops 1/4 oz. and Children's Tylenol Plus Cold/Allergy 4 oz. Bubble Gum.

Johnson & Johnson said it has contacted wholesalers and retailers about the recall. An inactive ingredient didn't meet internal testing requirements, the company said, and B. cepacia bacteria were detected in a portion of raw material that went unused in the finished product.

The company said in a letter that no bacteria were found in the finished product, and that the likelihood of a serious medical event is remote. However, in consultation with the Food and Drug Administration, the company decided to recall the products.

Consumers with questions should call McNeil's consumer call center at 1-800-962-5357. A full list of the 21 recalled products and their lot numbers can be seen at: http://www.tylenol.com/page.jhtml?idtylenol/news/subpchildinfantnews.inc

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

What I find most alarming about this is the lack of coverage! I heard about it yesterday via a text. I honestly thought it was just a rumor so I was quick to jump online to find info to debunk it. Boy was I wrong!! I just think it's a bit odd that most recalls involving childrens' products are splattered all over the news. How is J&J managing to keep this so quiet?
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990

Central PA
    I wonder if this is one of the products whose production J&J moved to Mexico.

Penn's woods
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    I wonder if this is one of the products whose production J&J moved to Mexico.
    That's an interesting question Pandora. I looked up the Co. profile and I don't see that they have production in Mexico?

I thought they did? Strange. Perhaps I was wrong.

"Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Central PA
    There was a plant near us in GA that closed when production was shipped to Mexico. Methinks they've covered their tracks.