Miss. police use Taser, handcuffs on wayward emu

spamelope

Reaction score
FOREST, Miss.—Officers had to use a stun gun and handcuffs to capture an emu running loose on Interstate 20 in central Mississippi on Sunday. Police Officer Kiley Culpepper told WLBT-TV in Jackson that motorists had been calling 911 since Friday to report sightings of two emus on I-20 and nearby U.S. Highway 80.

Authorities had been unable to find the animals until Sunday, when one was spotted near an I-20 entrance ramp.

http://www.denverpost.com/watercooler/ci_13387189

How does one cuff an emu?:waitasec:

Oh,
My
God.

Really makes me wonder how many cops used to be killed by wayward emu's before the taser was invented?

Seriously, ANIMAL CONTROL, officers. Give 'em a call, they have specialized tools to capture wayward animals.

Oh,
My
God.

Really makes me wonder how many cops used to be killed by wayward emu's before the taser was invented?

Seriously, ANIMAL CONTROL, officers. Give 'em a call, they have specialized tools to capture wayward animals.

agreed 100%. a tazer is just crule on a very dumb animal and emu's are as dumb as they get. You wouldn't taze a retarded person so why taze a dumb bird.

oh for pete's sake.

Who's stellar idea was that?

Needs to have their name published for that one.

Geez.

When the animal control came to remove the 8 dogs from my neighbors house they used 3 darts on one dog and it was still aggressive and not showing any backing down, finally the cop pulled out his taser and that got it. I totally agree with it for that. That dog was mean and animal control did what they could. As for the emu I don't know.

Good lord! Sounds like that dog would have to be put down anyway. So if the taser had killed it....

With the emus, that is a different story. Except if it was fixing to run out into the major highway and cause a wreck right then and there..... then the taser would have been to much!

Human life over animal life.

Surelly the owners knew they were missing and should have been out there trying to help. IF they had been out for several days.. I hope they get fined big time! Those birds could have caused an accident on the road!

I just can't get the image of an emu in handcuffs out of my head. I wanna see the mug shot.

Instead of chasing them all they had to do was pull up a fire truck and blast the hose at them, they would have come running to play in the water :D

I assume they handcuffed those deadly, kicky legs together.

I'd love to have an emu . . . in theory. . . I just love anything obnoxious, loud, work intensive and exotic. Geese are my favorite all time animal (my username is the name of one of my geese). The more obnoxious the better. I do that instead of marrying abusive men now :D

I'm glad no human or emu was injured :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back