1003 users online (175 members and 828 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Evidence of Heart Shaped Sticker on Duct Tape Destroyed

The duct tape and heart shaped sticker threads are both closed. I'm going to attempt to bring the article regarding the sticker evidence here as I just learned how to do it - this will be a test.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21104174/detail.html

What affect will this have on the Prosecution?
    Last edited by Woe.be.gone; 09-25-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: add

KenoshaKid is offline All the darkness in the world cannot put out a single candle
    Central Virginia near the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    The duct tape and heart shaped sticker threads are both closed. I'm going to attempt to bring the article regarding the sticker evidence here as I just learned how to do it - this will be a test.

What affect will this have on the Prosecution?
    I am hoping they have a photo of it. Didn't we see a picture of it early on or am I hallucinating? LOL!

I would have hoped they dusted the tape first to try to see any prints...exposing the heart shape and fingerprints if any...(then photgraphed)

It Sounds like this evidence may be no longer used for trial purposes..

This will have no bearing on the prosecution at all. The sticker outline was never implied to have been connected to the Anthony house, all it showed was simply a disgusting frame of mind. There is plenty of other items tieing back to the Anthony house.
    In fact if the defense wants to focus in on that, I say.. Let Them!!! There is simply too much that the FBI and police have turned over to the prosecution that implicates Casey Anthony in the murder of Caylee. The defense would be better off pleading to a lesser charge to spare Casey's life. IMHO, I hope they don't because this in my opinion is a death penalty warranted case. Anything that invloves killing or hurting children should be punished by death. Those types of people have no soul and are capable of anything.

Gotta say, this whole thing stinks to high heaven, especially since this "bombshell" just happens to appear after the motion to dismiss because of evidence being supposedly spoiled.

I am so sick of this. I want this over and done.

sadyjade is offline "I'll follow you down til the sound of my voice will haunt you"
    Am I reading this correctly ... is it implying there were "prints" to be lifted?

The story linked indicates that none of the heart shaped stickers found in the anthony home matched the outline, which would indicate to me there is a photo of it somewhere.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I remember seeing the pic of the heart on the cardboard from the scene. Did they destroy the sticky residue before being able to compare/contrast with the heart on the cardboard from the scene? I would think there would be other pics that could pick up some bits of an outline just from the scene - might be difficult to see the whole thing but maybe between numerous other pictures a composite of different angles could be recouped (of course defense would hate this).

*Snipped*
    Without such an image, a jury will never get to see exactly what was on the duct tape and the size of the outline of the heart cannot be exactly compared to the stickers recovered.

But with a finger print they will sure the h3ll know who put the tape around Caylee's mouth and head!
    No crime to place a sticker on tape but it sure is a crime to kill a baby and tape up her head and mouth.

They got a good print!

There is a picture of a heart sticker found at the scene. This sticker is referenced in the next to the last paragraph on the last page of this document: http://www.filedropper.com/fbilabcommlog

"12/18/08
    Telcall from IA C. - picking up items from ME's office today. Need to go to OCSO as well. Asked if possible to submit all items needed just after new year - She'll have to call EU back - They may want to submit asap just to have it out of their staging area. Telcall from AI C. - Sticker found at scene - heart shape ~ size of man's finger nail - It is stuck to the back of a picture frame. ERT left it on frame and packaged it for latent preservation."

I can't find the pic right now ~ but know I've seen it numerous times in this forum somewhere. There was much discussion about what it was stuck to ~ well, now we know.
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

sadyjade is offline "I'll follow you down til the sound of my voice will haunt you"
    MomT ... I thought that's what I was seeing/reading. That a print, or prints were seen and in order to obtain said print, the "shape" of a sticker, was lost. I'm trying to better understand this. Does anyone else pick up on this, that they have/had prints lifted from the duct tape?

Quote Originally Posted by sadyjade View Post
    Am I reading this correctly ... is it implying there were "prints" to be lifted?
    I think they were dusting to see if there were any prints - whether it was the sticker area or anywhere on the tape(s). IIRC on NG a long time ago she had a "bombshell" that there were no recoverable prints on any part of the duct tape(s). There were multiple discussions about how you rip a piece of tape without leaving prints or dna (from mouth or tooth). Speculation was it was just too degraded to pull prints off.

In reading that article, it states that no fingerprints were evident when the test was done-so they won't have that evidence either-arrrgh!

Quote Originally Posted by galvino View Post
    In reading that article, it states that no fingerprints were evident when the test was done-so they won't have that evidence either-arrrgh!
    Bolded by me

Maybe I am reaching here ... "no fingerprints were evident when that test was done, and to take the print testing further, would mean the sticker residue that they did have, would be lost. Again, I think I am reaching.

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast