787 users online (97 members and 690 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Casey Anthony Grand Jury Indictment, a Closer Look

Anthony, Casey Marie

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID={AD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855}&BookNumber=08049710&ID=6307146615924

Booking Number: 08049710 Race: White
    Date of Birth: 03/19/1986
    Last Known Address: 4937 Hopespring Dr, Orlando, Fl 32829
    Cell: BRCMBFNA Date Booked: 10/14/2008
    Time Booked: 07:04pm
    Number of Holds: ID HOLD
    Violent Offender
    undisclosed - 001 Notes: None
    Charges
    Case Sequence: 962
    Case Status: Presentenced
    #Bond Amount: 0.00
    Police Case Number: n/a
    Court Location: CIRCUIT
    Arresting Agency: n/a
    Charge/Court Case Number: First Degree Murder
    482008CF15606O Note: (grand Jury Indictment)
    Case Sequence: 963
    Charge/Court Case Number: Aggravated Child Abuse
    482008CF15606O
    Note: (grand Jury Indictment)
    Case Sequence: 964
    Charge/Court Case Number: Aggravated Manslaughter Of A Child

482008CF15606O
    Case Sequence: 965
    Charge/Court Case Number: Obstruct Criminal Invest-False Info To Leo
    482008CF15606O
    Case Sequence: 966
    482008CF15606O
    Case Sequence: 967
    482008CF15606O
    Case Sequence: 968

482008CF15606O

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID={AD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855}&BookNumber=08049710&ID=6307146615924
    Last edited by celticthyme; 09-25-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Casey Anthony has been indicted for the murder of her daughter Caylee Anthony

1. The first count is for first-degree murder, a capital offense that is punishable by the death penalty.

This charge alleges that Casey Anthony caused the death of Caylee “from a premeditated design” between June 15 and July 16. Those dates correspond to the last time Caylee was seen and when she was reported missing. The indictment offers no other information on how, why or when.
    2. Count two is aggravated child abuse.
    This alleges that between the same dates Casey Anthony “did knowingly or willfully…causes reat bodily harm, permanent disfigurement or permanent disability to Caylee Marie Anthony…by intentionally inflicting physical injury…or by intentionally committing an act or actively encouraging another person to commit an act which could reasonably expected to result in physical injury.”
    3 Count three is aggravated manslaughter of a child.
    This count alleges that Casey Anthony caused Caylee’s death by failing to provide “the care, supervision and services necessary to maintain Caylee Marie Anthony’s physical and mental health” or that she did not make “a reasonable effort” to protect Caylee from someone else abuses, neglecting or exploiting her.
    4 – 7 Counts four through seven are all “providing false information to a law enforcement officer.”
    Each count lists a time when Casey Anthony is alleged to have lied to investigators about Caylee.
    Count four says she lied to Orange County Sheriff’s Office Detective Yuri Melich when she said she worked at Universal Studios in 2008.
    Count five alleges she lied to Melich when she said she left Caylee with a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez.
    Count six alleges she lied to Melich when she said she told two former Universal Studios employees that Caylee was missing.
    And count seven alleges Anthony lied to Melich when she said she received phone call from Caylee on July 15

Another Look

So, not to sound rude or anything but what are we looking for here?

I think we are looking for the fact that:
    They arrested Casey for murder LONG before Caylee was found and long before any duct tape or sticker evidence came out.
    I think basically they have a strong case and finding the body was just the last straw for Casey.
    Also I appreciate this info as it calms me down and helps me not obsess about this new FBI info on the lack of a sticker residue.

Quote Originally Posted by twomanywords View Post
    They arrested Casey for murder LONG before Caylee was found and long before any duct tape or sticker evidence came out.
    I think basically they have a strong case and finding the body was just the last straw for Casey.
    Also I appreciate this info as it calms me down and helps me not obsess about this new FBI info on the lack of a sticker residue.
    Yes, and the indictment was handed down after something like one half hour deliberation. Considering this occurred last October when so much less was known, there must have been overwhelming evidence even then.

Quote Originally Posted by lacey clementine View Post
    Yes, and the indictment was handed down after something like one half hour deliberation. Considering this occurred last October when so much less was known, there must have been overwhelming evidence even then.
    she will be spending the rest of her natural EVIL life in prison, if she is lucky enough to survive the death penalty phase

they have enough evidence against her, (some of which we have seen and some we have not seen ) to give her 50 death penalty executions

before the dust settles there may very well be some family members arrested and prosecuted

Robotdog - Out

Snaz is offline "Heavens to Habeas Corpus" ~ Legal Eagle Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by robotdog View Post
    she will be spending the rest of her natural EVIL life in prison, if she is lucky enough to survive the death penalty phase

they have enough evidence against her, (some of which we have seen and some we have not seen ) to give her 50 death penalty executions

before the dust settles there may very well be some family members arrested and prosecuted

Robotdog - Out
    BBM

From your lips (or should I say fingertips?) to God's ears......
    "Judge, Mr, Ashton is laughing at me..... " ~ Jose Baez, Closing Argument 7/3/11 (Paraphrased, of course!)

Don't mean to throw cold water

Remember the old saying about a grand jury can "indict a ham sandwich"? BUT - I do feel the State has a strong case and we may be surprised by what they have put together when all is revealed.

Still wondering about TP's surprising info too.

Still wondering about TP's surprising info too.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Or was the news about the dismisal the "Big News"?

I sure hope not Spiderlady...cause that motion sure bored me. I want some real news!

Quote Originally Posted by suepitzl View Post
    So, not to sound rude or anything but what are we looking for here?
    Yah, well I know what you mean, but it seemed everyone was heading for a fever-pitch of fussing about the duct tape & heart sticker, when we need to remember that Casey was indicted on a capital murder charge. They must feel they have overwhelming evidence for there to be not only that charge, but the lesser charges. I thought in reviewing it that the lesser charges of aggravated manslaughter and child abuse charges were worth looking at. What could they have to consider bringing up those charges?
    For example, were there " hairs from a live Caylee" in the trunk? What evidence might they have put together to feel that there was child abuse? Did they figure out she was being medicated as a babysitter, left alone in an abondoned house or in the trunk or GKW ( God knows where?) And since it has been a slow week, I was going to do some digging . . .that's all
    Last edited by celticthyme; 09-26-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Unfortunately, the indictment in October should not convince anyone that there was overwhelming evidence. Many innocent people have been indicted for murder. Getting a Grand Jury indictment is actually pretty easy.

If you don't believe that, take a look at this case where the person who was actually the key victim of an intended double murder was indicted for his own attack and near murder:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...w/1_index.html

Quote Originally Posted by twomanywords View Post
    Oh, well said. That makes me feel better about the sticker faux pas.

My understanding of the GJ's role is that they hear testimony/evidence presented by the prosecutor and determine whether there is probable cause to take the defendent to trial on the charges that the prosecutor has submitted. If that's the case, the prosecution listed the various charges in the indictment not the GJ itself. They are (to put it simply) saying that the prosecutor has put enough evidence before them to warrant going to trial on the specified charges.

The GJ indictment is not a verdict of guilt but in theory is required to prevent the prosecutor from charging people with no evidence to support the charges.

Having said that, it is no wonder that it only took them 1/2 hour of deliberation to bring back an indictment on these charges when they would almost certainly would have heard about the 31 days, the smell of decomp, the cadavar dogs hits, the hair in the trunk with a deathband, the lies to investigators about everything from where she worked, last saw Caylee, to the phone call she couldn't have received.

Of course it was enough to go to trial. And of course the defense will dispute or attempt to explain it all. And of course the prosecution has even more evidence now than it did then. And of course it will be enough to convict.

(...and of course I said that about the OJ trial too...but of course JB is no Johnnie Cochran and team he has put together is no dream team and KC is nobody's football hero and of course Judge Strickland is no Judge Ito...)
    I know that you think you understand what you thought you heard me say, but, I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard me say is not really what I meant to convey.

Quote Originally Posted by aafromaa View Post
    My understanding of the GJ's role is that they hear testimony/evidence presented by the prosecutor and determine whether there is probable cause to take the defendent to trial on the charges that the prosecutor has submitted. If that's the case, the prosecution listed the various charges in the indictment not the GJ itself. They are (to put it simply) saying that the prosecutor has put enough evidence before them to warrant going to trial on the specified charges.

The GJ indictment is not a verdict of guilt but in theory is required to prevent the prosecutor from charging people with no evidence to support the charges.

Having said that, it is no wonder that it only took them 1/2 hour of deliberation to bring back an indictment on these charges when they would almost certainly would have heard about the 31 days, the smell of decomp, the cadavar dogs hits, the hair in the trunk with a deathband, the lies to investigators about everything from where she worked, last saw Caylee, to the phone call she couldn't have received.

Of course it was enough to go to trial. And of course the defense will dispute or attempt to explain it all. And of course the prosecution has even more evidence now than it did then. And of course it will be enough to convict.

(...and of course I said that about the OJ trial too...but of course JB is no Johnnie Cochran and team he has put together is no dream team and KC is nobody's football hero and of course Judge Strickland is no Judge Ito...)
    A thank you wasn't enough. I just have to say . . . Yes, of course!!!
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast