Casey Anthony Grand Jury Indictment, a Closer Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticthyme

Reaction score
Anthony, Casey Marie

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID={AD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855}&BookNumber=08049710&ID=6307146615924

Booking Number: 08049710 Race: White
Date of Birth: 03/19/1986
Last Known Address: 4937 Hopespring Dr, Orlando, Fl 32829
Cell: BRCMBFNA Date Booked: 10/14/2008
Time Booked: 07:04pm
Number of Holds: ID HOLD
Violent Offender
undisclosed - 001 Notes: None
Charges
Case Sequence: 962
Case Status: Presentenced
#Bond Amount: 0.00
Police Case Number: n/a
Court Location: CIRCUIT
Arresting Agency: n/a
Charge/Court Case Number: First Degree Murder
482008CF15606O Note: (grand Jury Indictment)
Case Sequence: 963
Charge/Court Case Number: Aggravated Child Abuse
482008CF15606O
Note: (grand Jury Indictment)
Case Sequence: 964
Charge/Court Case Number: Aggravated Manslaughter Of A Child

482008CF15606O
Case Sequence: 965
Charge/Court Case Number: Obstruct Criminal Invest-False Info To Leo
482008CF15606O
Case Sequence: 966
482008CF15606O
Case Sequence: 967
482008CF15606O
Case Sequence: 968

482008CF15606O

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID={AD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855}&BookNumber=08049710&ID=6307146615924

Casey Anthony has been indicted for the murder of her daughter Caylee Anthony

1. The first count is for first-degree murder, a capital offense that is punishable by the death penalty.

This charge alleges that Casey Anthony caused the death of Caylee “from a premeditated design” between June 15 and July 16. Those dates correspond to the last time Caylee was seen and when she was reported missing. The indictment offers no other information on how, why or when.
2. Count two is aggravated child abuse.
This alleges that between the same dates Casey Anthony “did knowingly or willfully…causes reat bodily harm, permanent disfigurement or permanent disability to Caylee Marie Anthony…by intentionally inflicting physical injury…or by intentionally committing an act or actively encouraging another person to commit an act which could reasonably expected to result in physical injury.”
3 Count three is aggravated manslaughter of a child.
This count alleges that Casey Anthony caused Caylee’s death by failing to provide “the care, supervision and services necessary to maintain Caylee Marie Anthony’s physical and mental health” or that she did not make “a reasonable effort” to protect Caylee from someone else abuses, neglecting or exploiting her.
4 – 7 Counts four through seven are all “providing false information to a law enforcement officer.”
Each count lists a time when Casey Anthony is alleged to have lied to investigators about Caylee.
Count four says she lied to Orange County Sheriff’s Office Detective Yuri Melich when she said she worked at Universal Studios in 2008.
Count five alleges she lied to Melich when she said she left Caylee with a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez.
Count six alleges she lied to Melich when she said she told two former Universal Studios employees that Caylee was missing.
And count seven alleges Anthony lied to Melich when she said she received phone call from Caylee on July 15

So, not to sound rude or anything but what are we looking for here?

I think we are looking for the fact that:
They arrested Casey for murder LONG before Caylee was found and long before any duct tape or sticker evidence came out.
I think basically they have a strong case and finding the body was just the last straw for Casey.
Also I appreciate this info as it calms me down and helps me not obsess about this new FBI info on the lack of a sticker residue.

They arrested Casey for murder LONG before Caylee was found and long before any duct tape or sticker evidence came out.
I think basically they have a strong case and finding the body was just the last straw for Casey.
Also I appreciate this info as it calms me down and helps me not obsess about this new FBI info on the lack of a sticker residue.

Yes, and the indictment was handed down after something like one half hour deliberation. Considering this occurred last October when so much less was known, there must have been overwhelming evidence even then.

Yes, and the indictment was handed down after something like one half hour deliberation. Considering this occurred last October when so much less was known, there must have been overwhelming evidence even then.

she will be spending the rest of her natural EVIL life in prison, if she is lucky enough to survive the death penalty phase

they have enough evidence against her, (some of which we have seen and some we have not seen ) to give her 50 death penalty executions

before the dust settles there may very well be some family members arrested and prosecuted

Robotdog - :furious: Out

she will be spending the rest of her natural EVIL life in prison, if she is lucky enough to survive the death penalty phase

they have enough evidence against her, (some of which we have seen and some we have not seen ) to give her 50 death penalty executions

before the dust settles there may very well be some family members arrested and prosecuted

Robotdog - :furious: Out

BBM

From your lips (or should I say fingertips?) to God's ears......

Remember the old saying about a grand jury can "indict a ham sandwich"? BUT - I do feel the State has a strong case and we may be surprised by what they have put together when all is revealed.

Still wondering about TP's surprising info too.

Still wondering about TP's surprising info too.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Or was the news about the dismisal the "Big News"?

I sure hope not Spiderlady...cause that motion sure bored me. I want some real news!

So, not to sound rude or anything but what are we looking for here?

Yah, well I know what you mean, but it seemed everyone was heading for a fever-pitch of fussing about the duct tape & heart sticker, when we need to remember that Casey was indicted on a capital murder charge. They must feel they have overwhelming evidence for there to be not only that charge, but the lesser charges. I thought in reviewing it that the lesser charges of aggravated manslaughter and child abuse charges were worth looking at. What could they have to consider bringing up those charges?
For example, were there " hairs from a live Caylee" in the trunk? What evidence might they have put together to feel that there was child abuse? Did they figure out she was being medicated as a babysitter, left alone in an abondoned house or in the trunk or GKW ( God knows where?) And since it has been a slow week, I was going to do some digging . . .that's all

Unfortunately, the indictment in October should not convince anyone that there was overwhelming evidence. Many innocent people have been indicted for murder. Getting a Grand Jury indictment is actually pretty easy.

If you don't believe that, take a look at this case where the person who was actually the key victim of an intended double murder was indicted for his own attack and near murder:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/family/kristi_koslow/1_index.html

Oh, well said. That makes me feel better about the sticker faux pas.

My understanding of the GJ's role is that they hear testimony/evidence presented by the prosecutor and determine whether there is probable cause to take the defendent to trial on the charges that the prosecutor has submitted. If that's the case, the prosecution listed the various charges in the indictment not the GJ itself. They are (to put it simply) saying that the prosecutor has put enough evidence before them to warrant going to trial on the specified charges.

The GJ indictment is not a verdict of guilt but in theory is required to prevent the prosecutor from charging people with no evidence to support the charges.

Having said that, it is no wonder that it only took them 1/2 hour of deliberation to bring back an indictment on these charges when they would almost certainly would have heard about the 31 days, the smell of decomp, the cadavar dogs hits, the hair in the trunk with a deathband, the lies to investigators about everything from where she worked, last saw Caylee, to the phone call she couldn't have received.

Of course it was enough to go to trial. And of course the defense will dispute or attempt to explain it all. And of course the prosecution has even more evidence now than it did then. And of course it will be enough to convict.

(...and of course I said that about the OJ trial too...but of course JB is no Johnnie Cochran and team he has put together is no dream team and KC is nobody's football hero and of course Judge Strickland is no Judge Ito...)

My understanding of the GJ's role is that they hear testimony/evidence presented by the prosecutor and determine whether there is probable cause to take the defendent to trial on the charges that the prosecutor has submitted. If that's the case, the prosecution listed the various charges in the indictment not the GJ itself. They are (to put it simply) saying that the prosecutor has put enough evidence before them to warrant going to trial on the specified charges.

The GJ indictment is not a verdict of guilt but in theory is required to prevent the prosecutor from charging people with no evidence to support the charges.

Having said that, it is no wonder that it only took them 1/2 hour of deliberation to bring back an indictment on these charges when they would almost certainly would have heard about the 31 days, the smell of decomp, the cadavar dogs hits, the hair in the trunk with a deathband, the lies to investigators about everything from where she worked, last saw Caylee, to the phone call she couldn't have received.

Of course it was enough to go to trial. And of course the defense will dispute or attempt to explain it all. And of course the prosecution has even more evidence now than it did then. And of course it will be enough to convict.

(...and of course I said that about the OJ trial too...but of course JB is no Johnnie Cochran and team he has put together is no dream team and KC is nobody's football hero and of course Judge Strickland is no Judge Ito...)

A thank you wasn't enough. I just have to say . . . Yes, of course!!! :blowkiss:

I believe that they only thing that a jury will have trouble with is whether it was premeditated. All signs do indeed point to Casey Anthony. The duct tape points to a sick mind and we can all agree that Casey Anthony is a narcissic sociopath. We can all agree that Casey is a liar, horrible mother, thief, etc..
but I really do not think that the jury will have a problem believing that Casey is responsible for Caylee's death, that she acted horribly wrong, but the fact is the prosecution is missing the element of proof of premeditation. I believe that will be the standing point.
Now, with that being said, I can argue that several layers of duct tape around a childs head indicates willful intent to do harm, but will they use it? They really need to point out the width of the duct tape in relation to Caylee's air intake. The defense can only argue that it was to "quiet" a fussy child, but if Dr. G's findings show that the tape was included to block both air passages you could prove premeditation. Has there been any confirmation of this??
The defenses only hope at this point is to plead to a lesser charge and receive LWOP, unless they gamble with the death penalty and the burden of proof on premeditation.
If I were JB or AL, I'd choose not to gamble. 90% of the jury will convict in their minds after the 911 dispatcher asks Casey why she waited 31 days to report it now. The other 10% will convict in their minds after they hear George Anthonys "interview" with the FBI. There will be no doubt in the jurors minds once they are given all the evidence (circumstantial, forensic, etc.) in its totality that Casey did it.

I believe that they only thing that a jury will have trouble with is whether it was premeditated. All signs do indeed point to Casey Anthony. The duct tape points to a sick mind and we can all agree that Casey Anthony is a narcissic sociopath. We can all agree that Casey is a liar, horrible mother, thief, etc..
but I really do not think that the jury will have a problem believing that Casey is responsible for Caylee's death, that she acted horribly wrong, but the fact is the prosecution is missing the element of proof of premeditation. I believe that will be the standing point.
Now, with that being said, I can argue that several layers of duct tape around a childs head indicates willful intent to do harm, but will they use it? They really need to point out the width of the duct tape in relation to Caylee's air intake. The defense can only argue that it was to "quiet" a fussy child, but if Dr. G's findings show that the tape was included to block both air passages you could prove premeditation. Has there been any confirmation of this??
The defenses only hope at this point is to plead to a lesser charge and receive LWOP, unless they gamble with the death penalty and the burden of proof on premeditation.
If I were JB or AL, I'd choose not to gamble. 90% of the jury will convict in their minds after the 911 dispatcher asks Casey why she waited 31 days to report it now. The other 10% will convict in their minds after they hear George Anthonys "interview" with the FBI. There will be no doubt in the jurors minds once they are given all the evidence (circumstantial, forensic, etc.) in its totality that Casey did it.

Please Lord-let the defense be stupid enough to argue Cayle was a fussy child!
Prayer2.gif
Is that asking too much?:innocent:
Seriously, Bakersmom, I agree with everything you say! And as far as JB and AL being gamblers! My advice to them would be:
poker.jpg

Of course you have to think about a jury considering what "Mother of the Year" do they know that would continue to wrap duct tape around their childs face blocking their airways? No matter how bad a child acts they are no match for an adult. With all the evidence we now know about the defense should be trying to play "Let's make a deal." Save the taxpayer's money. KC has no credibility and most of all no conscious.

Unfortunately, the indictment in October should not convince anyone that there was overwhelming evidence. Many innocent people have been indicted for murder. Getting a Grand Jury indictment is actually pretty easy.

If you don't believe that, take a look at this case where the person who was actually the key victim of an intended double murder was indicted for his own attack and near murder:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/family/kristi_koslow/1_index.html

Didn't open.

But, a number of people were falsely convicted BEFORE we had the technology that we have now. And, that tech is increasing exponentially every, single, day.

Aside from that, the FBI labs were used for a lot fo the forensics. They are thought to be among the best in the world. Some of the material was sent to three different labs, to ensure consistency.

Stick a pitchfork in her, folks! She's done.

Even her lawyer said, "Anyone who thinks this case is a slam-dunk is far from wrong!" (another fine JBism) ;-)

Yes, and Orlando is no Los Angeles.

Maybe we should do a poll re: trial verdict turnaround time?

I'm guessing-- oh.........three hours, including lunch. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine