New Letter On Haleigh May Prove Helpful

KOOL LOOK

~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal,
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Felt this was worth discussion and sleuthing. Interesting statements concerning the added details of the letter that gives more clues as to whats inside the actual letter dropped off by the "Lady in Scrubs" since we first learned of it's delivery.
Credit for Link and post to: Angel Who Cares

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...Title=New-letter-on-Haleigh-may-prove-helpful-

New letter on Haleigh may prove helpful

Prior also did not discuss the letter's contents, but said, "There was absolutely no doubt that if it is legitimate that it's pretty volatile stuff. And we also realized that it's not our job to try and determine the legitimacy of the information," he said about contacting authorities.

"It's very specific about, very specific, some stuff that allegedly happened to Haleigh," said Prior, who had recently done a story about Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father.

"This is not something that somebody scribbled to smuggle out of a jail cell," Prior said, referring to a separate letter related to Haleigh allegedly written by a jail inmate that Putnam authorities on Thursday described as a "farce."

"And I think that that lends it a little more authenticity," Prior added.

In addition to contacting officers, Prior said he also spoke to Ronald Cummings' attorneys about the newest letter.

Mr. Prior feels theres very specific volitile stuff concerning the details of Haleighs disappearnce and not scribbled down by a jail mate trying to get out.

I read somewhere that as well as RC's lawyer, he contacted Crystal's lawyer as well. Anyone know if that is substantiated yet?

I read somewhere that as well as RC's lawyer, he contacted Crystal's lawyer as well. Anyone know if that is substantiated yet?

I think I read that too. If I'm not mistaken, it was one of several statements put out by Prior where in one he also mentions the other side of the family. Don't hold me too it.

If Mr. Prior doesn't release the contents of the letter soon...he is going to get scooped. ;) Now that the PCSO and others know about it...he doesn't have much longer before someone leaks it.

Ok good "THE LETTER".

Here's some info about the letter from some of the media links:

Per Putnam County Captain Dick Schauland: (BBM)
"The officers are following up on it. The clarification they got her has helped. Hopefully it will lead to something that will help us to find Haleigh. But, you're right, we do not know at this point if it is good information or not," Schauland said.
http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/09/haleigh-letter-woman-found.html

I find this interesting - the 3 letters, possibly "initials" at the bottom of it (again BBM):

He can't reveal what the letter says. However, Prior said it is one paragraph long, typed, and has three letters at the bottom that resemble initials.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=145604&catid=3

And, IMO, the most INTRIGUING quote of all. (BBM)
Detectives are not telling us what they learned from her interview but they are saying she could hold the tip that will help them crack the case.

"This could be it," said Putnam County Sheriff's Office Captain Dick Schauland.

*Snip*

"It has to do with the whereabouts of Haleigh," said Schauland.
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...-letter-delivered/zel6ND0ZiEmMSugEoAkHRw.cspx

I hope we get to know very soon where this little angel is, and that she can tell her story - one way or the other.

I know this is most likely wishful thinking, BUT... I really hope they are acting so strangely about this letter because they don't want to scare the person who has her, alive, and they are about to go get her. Whereabouts? That word means an alive person's location to me. But he could have been searching for words to stay discreet about the letter's contents.

I know this is most likely wishful thinking, BUT... I really hope they are acting so strangely about this letter because they don't want to scare the person who has her, alive, and they are about to go get her. Whereabouts? That word means an alive person's location to me. But he could have been searching for words to stay discreet about the letter's contents.

I'm too nervous about the contents of that letter to even contemplate whats in it...

I hope that too. But, what has me worried is the fact that the police contacted the lawyers about the letter. What need would they have to do that if in fact it's true that she's still alive and they are getting ready to bring her home? I mean, it's not like the lawyers can tell Ron and Crystal to prepare them for her return. The both of them would probably go ape and blow their cover anyway if they knew such info. Especially Ron. He'd be on a hunt to kill someone I'm sure. I just don't know. I hope like hell she is alive.

And, in addition to what I wrote above, IIRC, the lawyers were contacted like the same day or day after they got the second letter. IMO that would not have been enough time for them to check the legitimacy of it before telling the lawyers. Especially if she is alive. That's why I want to know if they did contact the lawyers and why if so.

Why do you think the lawyers would have been contacted?

Little strange right. They surely didn't do that with the pond tip...and I seriously doubt that LE contacts the family or the lawyers with any tip...

I heard on NG that the letter says where they can find her. And they further said that it was around the same area that the family lived in. You would think that area would have been very thoroughly searched a long time ago.

I was thinking along the same lines Cajun, since Mr. Prior is the one that contacted the lawyer(s) it was a courtesy call. Courtesy to the parents of Haleigh.

IIRC both have stated at one time or another they don't get a lot of info from LE, which I understand because there is an ongoing investigation.

JMHO.

Little strange right. They surely didn't do that with the pond tip...and I seriously doubt that LE contacts the family or the lawyers with any tip...

It could be LE wanted to inform the lawyers they were going to allow the St Augustine paper to print the letter in the paper to further the investigation. And this would give warning so they could let M and R know what was going to happen. Just a thought.

ETA: It might bode badly for Misty if it goes against what she has said happened that night.

If what is in the letter is true, why has it taken this long for the person to come forward.

This is ridiculous!

It could be LE wanted to inform the lawyers they were going to allow the St Augustine paper to print the letter in the paper to further the investigation. And this would give warning so they could let M and R know what was going to happen. Just a thought.

ETA: It might bode badly for Misty if it goes against what she has said happened that night.

I'm thinking along those lines,too.Could be LE has been asked to go through the lawyers and not talk to the parents.In that case they have no choice but to contact the lawyers.They also may have been asking if Ron or Crystal recognized the woman who delivered the letter.

Well I believe if there was any truth to the Letter, Haliegh would have been found already, Its Sunday and they got the letter on Wensday JMO

If what is in the letter is true, why has it taken this long for the person to come forward.

This is ridiculous!

Well I believe if there was any truth to the Letter, Haliegh would have been found already, Its Sunday and they got the letter on Wensday JMO

I agree with both of you! They would of already went looking for her.

I don't know about anyone else but this case has taken it's toll and I can't believe we are no closer then we was almost 8 months ago.:banghead::banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back