Should Jaycee's Bio Dad Be Allowed to Have a DNA Testing Done?

Should Jaycee's Bio Dad be Allowed to do DNA Testing on Jaycee?

• Yes, it seems he is the bio dad. He should be allowed to confirm.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Yes, but only if Jaycee agrees.

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • No, he gave up his parental rights long ago

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Let's leave that up to the courts to decide

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RainbowsAndGumdrops

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of fury about Jaycee's bio dad. So my question is does he have the right to have DNA testing done to see if Jaycee is his daughter?

Since Jaycee is an adult, I don't think he has the right to demand a DNA test or anything else from her.
However, if Jaycee wants the tests for whatever reason, then of course he should be allowed to have it done.

Why is this even our business? Now we're getting close to Jon & Kate tabloid territory.

If it was only Jaycee it wouldnt matter, but because there are minor grandchildren involved, it will become a legal question that will have to be answered by the courts if pressed, and DNA paternity testing is the only way to do that (unless the mother concedes of course).

I'm sure you all know that, whether you like the idea or not, so this poll is kind of pointless.

If it was only Jaycee it wouldnt matter, but because there are minor grandchildren involved, it will become a legal question that will have to be answered by the courts if pressed, and DNA paternity testing is the only way to do that (unless the mother concedes of course).

A legal question for whom and at what point?

I'm sure you all know that, whether you like the idea or not, so this poll is kind of pointless.

This man forcing Jaycee and her girls to have a relationship is taking their power away again...and revictimizing them. He should hang his head in shame...but then he has no shame or decency, IMO.

This man forcing Jaycee and her girls to have a relationship is taking their power away again...and revictimizing them. He should hang his head in shame...but then he has no shame or decency, IMO.
Nowhere has it been proven that he's forcing them, and contrary to popular opinion, if I were Jaycee, I'd welcome additional blood relatives that I'd been denied access to- by being forced to have the Garridos as family.:sick::sick::sick:

Nowhere has it been proven that he's forcing them, and contrary to popular opinion, if I were Jaycee, I'd welcome additional blood relatives that I'd been denied access to- by being forced to have the Garridos as family.:sick::sick::sick:

My concer is with Gloria ALred and the info that they may go to court to require the testing. That, IMO is forcing her. If she chooses it...I am all for it. Nothing in her life should be forced upon her against her will...it is very hard for those who have had their power taken from them at a young age by an abuser to be forced to do anything against their will...it brings back the helplessness of the original abuse.

Revictimizing and forcing? Short of pulling a Garrido, how exactly does one force a relationship?
I have no idea what Slayton's motivation is, but imo perhaps he just wants to prove his paternity and then give them the choice.

But, as I have stated before, timing is everything.

Revictimizing and forcing? Short of pulling a Garrido, how exactly does one force a relationship?
I have no idea what Slayton's motivation is, but imo perhaps he just wants to prove his paternity and then give them the choice.

But, as I have stated before, timing is everything.

I agree, Jbean...timing is everything. Hiring an attorney to force a DNA test...well that takes Jaycee's power and choice away. That makes a victim feel helpless...if and when Jaycee and the girls decide they want to pursue the relationship...then it can happen. Why should this man who never had a single thing to do with Jaycee before or during her ordeal, suddenly be granted rights to force biological testing? Can he not out of love choose to allow her to make decisions for her own life...and the girls for their lives?

I agree, Jbean...timing is everything. Hiring an attorney to force a DNA test...well that takes Jaycee's power and choice away. That makes a victim feel helpless...if and when Jaycee and the girls decide they want to pursue the relationship...then it can happen. Why should this man who never had a single thing to do with Jaycee before or during her ordeal, suddenly be granted rights to force biological testing? Can he not out of love choose to allow her to make decisions for her own life...and the girls for their lives?
Can a DNA test be forced on an adult for paternity if no crime is involved?

Can a DNA test be forced on an adult for paternity if no crime is involved?

I do not know....I am under the impression that Gloria Alred will attempt to force the testing if neccessary. The children should not be forced into any relationship that they are not ready for either. Emotionally they are fragile...right now they do not need the complication.

I do not know....I am under the impression that Gloria Alred will attempt to force the testing if neccessary. The children should not be forced into any relationship that they are not ready for either. Emotionally they are fragile...right now they do not need the complication.
Can you link to where Glo or Slayton say they will force a paternity test and then force a relationship on Jayee and her daughters please? I am just trying understand if the actual facts are being discussed here. I am only questioning our understanding of events.

Can you link to where Glo or Slayton say they will force a paternity test and then force a relationship on Jayee and her daughters please? I am just trying understand if the actual facts are being discussed here. I am only questioning our understanding of events.

BBM No JBean, i do not have a link. As i said...I am under that impression...from past evidence with Gloria Alred...she does not ask...she usually impels. If the post is against TOS, I will gladly remove it.

A legal question for whom and at what point?

I don't try to speak for anyone but I think what Natal is trying to say is, the courts may decide that Jaycee's children have a right to know if Mr. Slayton is their biological grandfather should it ever be taken to court. While they may not wish to exercise that right is another issue completely because the courts may decide it is in their best interest in the long run to know if he, in fact, is their grandfather.

I would also like to point out the imbalance of this survey, as there are 2 options for yes and only 1 for no. In the long run, no matter what any one person has to say about it, it should ultimately be up to Jaycee and her girls, though. Especially since theirs are the only lives that will be affected by it in the end.

this is absolute nonsense.........how can slayton claim he has grandparent rights when he never excercised his parental rights??

BBM No JBean, i do not have a link. As i said...I am under that impression...from past evidence with Gloria Alred...she does not ask...she usually impels. If the post is against TOS, I will gladly remove it.
TOS?
Oh no need to remove it Stillettos! I am just trying to understand what the facts are. I am no fan of Glo generally speaking, but even she can't impel anyone to do something that they are not legally required to do.

I am trying to understand if he actually can bring legal action to force paternity testing and even if he were able to do that can he force a relationship? My understanding of CA grandparent rights is that they are mainly based on bond.

I do not know what Slayton can and cannot do.
So if he cannot force paternity testing I don't see the issue. If he can do it based on grandparent standing, I just want to understand that.

this is absolute nonsense.........how can slayton claim he has grandparent rights when he never excercised his parental rights?? seriously, i have to wonder what is going on on this board.

Why do say that?
What does Jaycee's biological father wanting to establish paternity have to do with "what is going on on this board".
Can you clarify exactly what you mean by that statement?

TOS?
Oh no need to remove it Stillettos! I am just trying to understand what the facts are. I am no fan of Glo generally speaking, but even she can't impel anyone to do something that they are not legally required to do.

I am trying to understand if he actually can bring legal action to force paternity testing and even if he were able to do that can he force a relationship? My understanding of CA grandparent rights is that they are mainly based on bond.

So if he cannot force paternity testing I don't see the issue. If he can do it based on grandparent standing, I just want to understand that.

I am not sure of the legal issues regarding Grandparents rights...nor what State would actually have jurisdiction...assuming it would be CA? Researching that area would be my next option. I hope that her bioDad gives her time and makes a request, not a legal demand. Hopefully Gloria will be subtle in her dealings with this case. LOL

TOS?

what is his objective? if he establishes paternity in court he'd be liable to pay back child support from birth to 11 years old........maybe if he starts paying her instead of demanding things from her i'd take a diffrent view of him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back