Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles

wildTrose

Reaction score
Now if only the USA would do this!

WARSAW (Reuters) – Poland on Friday approved a law making chemical castration mandatory for pedophiles in some cases, sparking criticism from human rights groups.
Under the law, sponsored by Poland's center-right government, pedophiles convicted of raping children under the age of 15 years or a close relative would have to undergo chemical therapy on their release from prison.
"The purpose of this action is to improve the mental health of the convict, to lower his libido and thereby to reduce the risk of another crime being committed by the same person," the government said in a statement

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090925/od_nm/us_castration

Sounds good to me. Nice deterrent factor, too, if deterrents are meaningful at all to pedophiles . . .

It's draconian, but so is child rape.

I see the need, and agree with human rights groups. They do serve a purpose, they do an important job, they prevent us from losing sight of the humanity. They help keep a balance.

In this case, I don't agree that chemical castration is a violation of human rights. They forcibly administer long acting psychiatric meds to mentally ill people so THEY can live reasonably in society. Seems like the same sort of thing to me.

AMEN!!!! Why do we continue to protect criminals?? Human rights groups?????? Are they kiding me? How about victims rights? Tell them to put their efforts into protecting children from being attacked and not worrying about a pedophiles lack of libido!! They aren't lopping the "member" off. THAT would be something to get upset about. But only because of increased medical expenses associated with catheters and surgery.

My post was after PeteyGirl. Her's? Much more eloquent. So I'll just be the crazy opinion on this page.

Granted this would keep them from being able to act out their impulses but is that really going to keep kids safe ? The problem is with their thoughts - and if not able
to act them out would that propel them towards violence/ murder ? What are they going to do about their inappropriate ugly thoughts? How many children are at risk to find out the answer ? I think this is one more failure of a cure, along the lines of heroin was the cure for morphine addiction.

Sleutherontheside. I agree with you. Pedophiles are the worst of the worst and frankly I could care less about their rights as human beings because when you violate a child you should have NO human rights. You just forfeited them. After medical castration they attempt anything else... I am for a lobotomy and we can see if that helps... My bestfriend deals with what her pedophile father did to her, her sisters, and her brothers, as children, on a daily basis and she is now 40 years old and the youngest of her siblings.

MOO.

Don't really know that much about Poland but I like they way they think.

People seem to forget the punishment of the crime is suppossed to be for the safty and well being of the soceity. So to protect the soceity the punishment should prevent the crime, which is what this polish soceity seems to want to do. Yay to them ,I hope it goes over so well there that the U.S follows there example.

Guess Roman Polanski better never go home....

What chemical castration may take away, a sex offender will just resort to other means of fulfilling their violence and horrible desires. IMO, the wiring in the brain is the issue with sex offenders. Only answer for that, IMO: full brainectomy. :) Sure, life is a challenge without a brain, so that is why you put them in a simple box, 6 ft under... trust me, they won't complain, and at the end of the day, we will be safe from them.

ETA: I don't have anything against chemical castration... more power to Poland... but it can't be relied upon as a sure-fire method to dealing with sex offenders...

Sounds good to me, glad Poland has stepped up to the plate.

:woohoo::woohoo:

Gozgals

Granted this would keep them from being able to act out their impulses but is that really going to keep kids safe ? The problem is with their thoughts - and if not able
to act them out would that propel them towards violence/ murder ? What are they going to do about their inappropriate ugly thoughts? How many children are at risk to find out the answer ? I think this is one more failure of a cure, along the lines of heroin was the cure for morphine addiction.

I read somewhere that this would have little effect because pedophiles do what they do because of their minds and the act itself is an obssesion, they can use their hands and do not need their actual man parts.

Now if only the USA would do this!

WARSAW (Reuters) – Poland on Friday approved a law making chemical castration mandatory for pedophiles in some cases, sparking criticism from human rights groups.
Under the law, sponsored by Poland's center-right government, pedophiles convicted of raping children under the age of 15 years or a close relative would have to undergo chemical therapy on their release from prison.
"The purpose of this action is to improve the mental health of the convict, to lower his libido and thereby to reduce the risk of another crime being committed by the same person," the government said in a statement

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090925/od_nm/us_castration

-------------
Hurrah for Poland! decent people have civil rights and Humane rights too.We are tired of our children being hurt.We need this law right here in the USA. I say snip it in the Bud:dance:

What chemical castration may take away, a sex offender will just resort to other means of fulfilling their violence and horrible desires. IMO, the wiring in the brain is the issue with sex offenders. Only answer for that, IMO: full brainectomy. :) Sure, life is a challenge without a brain, so that is why you put them in a simple box, 6 ft under... trust me, they won't complain, and at the end of the day, we will be safe from them.

ETA: I don't have anything against chemical castration... more power to Poland... but it can't be relied upon as a sure-fire method to dealing with sex offenders...

------------------------
Would a lobotomy help? I''m all for anything that will stop them,including giving the childs father a gun!

Sure won't help in cases like Mary Kay Letourneau. By the way, she's still married to her former student.

Yay finally someone figured out how to deal with this issue.!!! Hope we follow soooon.

I don't think this solves this issue at all. In fact, I think it gives people a false sense of security, making them and their children even more vulnerable.

Sure won't help in cases like Mary Kay Letourneau. By the way, she's still married to her former student.

Women can be chemically castrated, too. Testosterone IS the sex hormone in women, I wonder if the chemical castration medication would work in females, too?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back