Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CT - Billy Smolinski, 31, Waterbury, 24 Aug 2004

I did watch the show and just wish time could be would back so that he never became involved with that woman...and stayed with Mary his friend, instead...I am certain that the break-up with the Marilyn person is directly related to his death, i.e. by her now-late son, just as the few who have come forward with something to say have indicated, but unsure if they will get what they need to actually charge anyone. $60K is a good reward and may be why they have these tips.
    I guess I understand why the police did not tell the family about these tips since they could not proven at all and the two groups were already so antagonized toward one another...it would have made things worse. It must be impossible for families to deal with people they believe have knowledge or guilt but cannot prove anything...i am sorry for Billy's family and friends...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

The older ex-girlfriend tearing down the missing persons fliers just about says it all.

Very Classy.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kevmob77 For This Useful Post:

i know...it is such a shame he got involved with her...i don't understand it, his family did not understand it, but this is a true case of love is blind i guess

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

and then his mom got arrested for trespassing. this poor family...all they/re trying to do is find their son. I totally think the older ex-gf is involved. I hope they can come up with something to bring Billy home.
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DeepThinker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kevmob77 View Post
    The older ex-girlfriend tearing down the missing persons fliers just about says it all.

Very Classy.
    Ooooh that irked me too.

I really like his other ex-girlfriend who seems to still love him... she's the one who had joint custody of his dog.
    Too bad they ever broke up, she seems really sincere and caring.

Prayer's for Billy and his family so they can find some answers.

I just saw this "on demand". Wow, the ex-GF and her kid are my prime suspects. I think they need to lean on her a bit more. IMO of course.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chicagofa13 For This Useful Post:

http://peace4missing.ning.com/forum/...ource=activity

Billy Smolinski's remains may have been found.
    info from above web site:
    '
    Bridgeport, Conn. (WTNH) - A man walking along the shores of Ash Creek with his grandson made a gruesome discovery.

They stumbled across the remains of a what Bridgeport Police believe is an adult man. The man still had on his shoes and clothing along with other items that were able to give them a tentative
    identity.

Police believe the body may have been buried, but with the heavy rains recently, it may have been unearthed.

The medical examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine cause of death and confirm the man's identity.

Talk on the forums is that it could be Billy. It seems there was clothing
    to be seen and it may match what Billy was wearing.

Waiting on identification.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/T...ale-417432.php
    'snip'
    BRIDGEPORT -- The skeletal remains discovered Sunday along the shore of Ash Creek are apparently those of an adult male, police said Monday.
    Police Lt. Chris Lamaine said there has been a tentative identification of the body, but officials are waiting for dental records to confirm that finding.
    There also is no indication that foul play had a role in the man's death, he said.
    The remains were found about 4 p.m. along the creek near the intersection of Canfield Avenue and Fox Street.
    Lamaine said the skeletal remains were clothed and mainly intact, although some bones were scattered a short distance from the others. New Balance sneakers were on the body's feet.
    Gary Haugen

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Gary Haugen

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Just to clarify for anyone here who did not know this, the remains did not end up being Billy Smolinski. They belonged to a career bugler named Michael Oravetz.

http://www.courant.com/community/bri...,0,99383.story

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hmg For This Useful Post:

bumping up for Billy.
    Want to Make a Difference? Here's Your Chance! Click HERE to Support Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law

I just saw the replay of Billy's "Disappeared" episode on TLC.

Bumping for Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by brighidin View Post
    I just saw the replay of Billy's "Disappeared" episode on TLC.

Bumping for Billy.
    Same thing for me from yesterday show. I feel bad about the case from his family/friends that looking for him. I think the victim's former GF & her son were probably likely involved foul play with him by missing/voilent death. I hope that his body would be found & get closure for his family/friends.

Is anyone here in contact with the family? I would like to know if the use of Ground Penetrating radar would be of any use to them. GPR is used on golf courses, concrete, and other surfaces to look for disturbances in the ground. I would think it would work great to look in that field for the barrel, or in the floors and driveways of the new houses that were built. If so, could you PM me.

Mtrooper, I think Believe09 has had contact with the family.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to hmg For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    Is anyone here in contact with the family? I would like to know if the use of Ground Penetrating radar would be of any use to them. GPR is used on golf courses, concrete, and other surfaces to look for disturbances in the ground. I would think it would work great to look in that field for the barrel, or in the floors and driveways of the new houses that were built. If so, could you PM me.

Do you have access to it? there may be a search in the next several weeks and I talk occasionally with the Smolinski's PI...click on the link to my email via my siggy and we can talk.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

28. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Family to search Valley for Missing Man

See article below. Anyone with info can contact the family’s private investigator, Todd C. Lovejoy, at 203-509-5481. Even if you think something you know might be nothing, please call because it might end up being everything and bring Billy home to his family.

Family to search Valley for missing man
    Published: Saturday, July 10, 2010
    By Lauren Garrison, Register Staff
    lgarrison@newhavenregister.com

The family of Waterbury resident William Smolinski Jr., who disappeared nearly six years ago, will be circulating fliers today in several Valley towns in hopes of renewing discussion on the case and bringing in new information, Smolinski’s mother said Friday.

Janice Smolinski of Cheshire said a volunteer group also will have three certified cadaver dogs search locations of interest in the Valley this morning.

“We’re trying to get households to realize that Billy is missing. It’s hard to get the information out. Maybe if they take a flier into their home, there may be somebody talking about the case,” said Janice Smolinski.

“We knew there are people out there who have information. Maybe with talking, they’ll be able to give us that one final piece we need to find out where Billy is actually buried and bring him home.”

Continue reading here...
    Want to Make a Difference? Here's Your Chance! Click HERE to Support Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LetJusticePrevail For This Useful Post:

Searchers look again for body of Billy Smolinski

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...ski-572320.php

Keila Torres, Staff Writer
    Published: 10:48 p.m., Saturday, July 10, 2010

SEYMOUR -- A search and rescue team spent two hours Saturday morning searching undisclosed locations in town for William Smolinski Jr., a Waterbury man last seen alive in 2004.

During the search a K-9 dog with the Farmington Fire Department, discovered a sweatshirt, considered possible evidence in the case of Smolinski's disappearance nearly six years ago -- or 2,146 days as noted on the justice4billy.com website established by Smolinski's parents.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

New clues sought in missing Smolinski case

Those trying to get the word out about a missing Waterbury man were back at it.

31-year-old Billy Smolinski disappeared on Aug. 24, 2004 after asking a neighbor to feed his dog. In a new search for clues, fliers were handed out over the weekend in Seymour in new hopes of finding him.

On a "Investigation Discovery's Disappeared" documentary about the then 31-year-old Smolinski that aired in February of this year gave the family to a number of new leads, which led to a new search Saturday in Seymour and Shelton with a volunteer K-9 scent-sniffing cadaver dog team.

[snip]

Saturday's search turned up a black sweatshirt that could be six years old and could be Billy's. It was bagged for tests.

More: http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/n...smolinski-case
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Billy's mom will be on the Susan Murphy Milano show Intimate Partner Homicide Investigation tonight about 9:30. They're also talking about the Angel Downs murder investigation. Listen here http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmurphymilano

Just saw Billy's episode of Disappeared. After watching the Chris Jenkin's story on 48 Hours last night, I am struck by how little help families of missing adult men get from LE. It's terrible and shocking that so many young women end up missing and murdered, but their cases are more often featured on TV, especially cable, and LE isn't as likely to just write them off as drunks or suicides (although the Maura Murray case would be an exception to that).

Bless this family's search for Billy and may they find answers and justice.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pittsburghgirl For This Useful Post:

Sorry--I think I got the name of the TV show wrong in the post above. it was Dateline, I think. I'd correct it but the edit button has somehow disappeared.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to pittsburghgirl For This Useful Post:

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...6666832237.txt
    : Sunday, August 15, 2010

Police say they believe Smolinski, a Waterbury resident who disappeared Aug. 24, 2004, at the age of 31, was murdered.

“We are pushing for a grand jury,” said his father, William Smolinski Sr. of Cheshire. “If people aren’t talking, maybe this would help.”
    More at link.

Video also.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

6 years since Billy went missing. Wishing for answers so his family can have him home, give him a proper burial and have justice served.

Please keep them in your prayers.

Watch news coverage of the vigil that was held to honor him as the family approaches this 6 year mark.
    http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local-beat/Vigil_to_Remember_the_Missing_Hartford.html

http://www.courant.com/videobeta/786...Smolinski-8-22

43. The Following User Says Thank You to LetJusticePrevail For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast