CT CT - Billy Smolinski, 31, Waterbury, 24 Aug 2004

LetJusticePrevail

Reaction score
Please Help Bring Billy Smolinski Home to His Family!

Details:
Name: William Paul Smolinski, Jr. (Goes by Billy, Bill)

Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Date/Time Missing: August 24, 2004 (Age 31). 2nd to last sighting - 2:59PM at McDonald's and then at his residence in the vicinty of 100 block of Holly St. in Waterbury, CT later in the day. All of his personal belongings were left behind (truck, keys, wallet).

Identifying Characteristics:
Pierced left ear, tattoo of a blue "cross" with an orange outline on left shoulder, tattoo of a blue "cross" with the name "Pruitt" in the cross on right
forearm, bowlegged.

Jewelry:
Small diamond earring worn in left ear, rope style gold chain necklace with a gold "cross" pendent.

Meet Billy, hear from his family and learn about case details/searches at www.Justice4Billy.com

"HELP FIND THE MISSING ACT (Billy's Law) was named after Billy Smolinski" - the legislation was put forth in an effort to fix the enormous gaps in the nation's missing persons systems and bring closure to the loved ones of the missing, while providing law enforcement, coroners and medical examiners the resources and guidance to do the reporting.

If you have information on Billy, please contact the New Haven FBI at 203-777-6311 (NCIC #M606786078). A $60,000 Reward is being offered for the Return or Recovery of Billy.

Billy Smolinski - CT - $60,000 Reward

Details:

Date/Time Missing: August 24, 2004 (Age 31). 2nd to last sighting - 2:59PM at McDonald's and then at his residence in the vicinty of 100 block of Holly St. in Waterbury, CT later in the day. All of his personal belongings were left behind (truck, keys, wallet).

Pierced left ear, tattoo of a blue "cross" with an orange outline on left shoulder, tattoo of a blue "cross" with the name "Pruitt" in the cross on right
forearm, bowlegged.

Jewelry:
Small diamond earring worn in left ear, rope style gold chain necklace with a gold "cross" pendent.

Meet Billy, hear from his family and learn about case details/searches at www.Justice4Billy.com

"HELP FIND THE MISSING ACT (Billy's Law) was named after Billy Smolinski" - the legislation was put forth in an effort to fix the enormous gaps in the nation's missing persons systems and bring closure to the loved ones of the missing, while providing law enforcement, coroners and medical examiners the resources and guidance to do the reporting.

If you have information on Billy, please contact the New Haven FBI at 203-777-6311 (NCIC #M606786078). A $60,000 Reward is being offered for the Return or Recovery of Billy.

quote...The police records revealed that Gleason told police that
Smolinski found out she was having an affair and confronted her.
Sources told Eyewitness News that Smolinski left a threatening message on the
answering machine of the other man on the day he disappeared...end of quote...

http://www.justice4billy.com/Police_release_file_on_missing_man.pdf

Having the LE files released, is always a Godsend!

I had a hunch about the ex's girlfriend, acquaintances before i read this, was going to post as a question, but found it by searching the LE files, which i am glad they released them.....
I have seen this case posted places, over the years, and i commend the family and friends whom have taken the time, and kept this case out in the public eye...........your attempts to do so have been very affected, and not in vain!

i find it interesting, that on the day he vanished?, which we know he did not simply vanish into thin air!
he left a message, somewhat of a threatening message, though i have not read it yet, but it was to the ex's person she was having an affair with.........and later on the same day, he goes and gets a hamburger, returns home, and tells a neighbor hes planning on taking a trip up north and hes gone!

Seems to me, instead of just leaving everything, including the dog behind and walking away down the street, to start a new life somewhere, it seems more perhaps, someone was there waiting, or arrived later that day, and took him away from that site/home.

Within hours a detective found Billy's wallet and keys stuffed underneath the driver's seat of his truck.

is this normal, for him to do that?

At the time of Billy's disappearance he was involved in a love triangle with Madeleine Gleason, a bus driver in Woodbridge, and Chris Sorensen, an elected official in Woodbridge. Billy had been dating Madeleine for a year and had recently discovered that she was also involved with Sorensen, a married man. A search through Billy's phone records revealed that the last phone call he placed before he vanished was to Chris Sorensen's house in Woodbridge.
Sorensen and Gleason were brought down to police headquarters on East Main Street for questioning. Sorensen brought in his answering machine that contained a threatening message from someone telling him to "watch his back."

and on the same day after this message was recorded he disappears.
without reading further, seems LE had good POI, possible motive/s, and perhaps circumstantial evidence, but nothing physical?

By September 2004 the Waterbury Police Department had confirmed that Billy was involved in a love triangle and had threatened his male rival on the day he vanished. The police questioned Sorensen and Gleason, and without giving them a lie detector test, concluded they had nothing to do with Billy's disappearance. It didn't matter that Madeleine Gleason's son, Shaun Karpuik, was a former grave digger now employed in landscaping and construction. It didn't matter that Chris Sorensen was involved in a long distance trucking company.
With enough clues to send Sherlock Holmes into orbit, detectives inside the Waterbury Police Department told the Smolinskis they suspected "no foul play" and their investigation was stymied.

How could they NOT, give these people at least a Lie test?
that stuns me to.

the following..
elected official, does the family think perhaps this had a negative effect on the investigation from the beginning, because of this persons involvement, and being an elected official at one time or another?

Madeleine%28web%29.jpg

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Madeline Gleason was involved with two men at the same time, and her deceased son, Shaun, has been linked to the possible murder of Billy Smolinski.[/FONT]
"We hoped that the FBI could convene a grand jury and get some of the individuals involved in the case to testify under oath," O'Leary said. "We thought that might get someone to talk."
Meanwhile the Smolinski family had been badgering the FBI to get involved in the case because they had lost confidence in the Waterbury PD to get the job done. The Waterbury investigators had lost or misplaced three DNA samples from the Smolinskis and had been unable to properly file a proper missing person report with the National Crime Information Center. Janice Smolinski had been talking with FBI agents in Virginia and New Haven for several months before the FBI entered the scene. There is some question from people closely following the case as to how the FBI got involved. Were they invited in by Waterbury PD, or did they step in and take over the investigation?
In July 2006 the FBI collected DNA samples from Janice Smolinski and began the process of uploading the information into CODIS, the national DNA data bank run by the FBI. In August 2006 the FBI stepped in and took over the investigation into Billy's disappearance. At the time the Waterbury Police Department issued a statement saying they had invited the FBI into the investigation because they had exhausted all possible leads.
Sorenson%28web%29.jpg

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Chris Sorensen, a Woodbridge businessman, and former elected official, was having an affair with Madeline Gleason. Billy Smolinski left a threatening message on his answering machine the day he vanished[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]addon...[/FONT]Is there more to this than meets the eye? The FBI recently conducted a sting on the New Haven Police Department and arrested several detectives. Is the FBI investigating the Waterbury PD, and is the case of Billy Smolinski simply a small cog in the wheel?

I wonder whom else the above person had employed at one time or the other?seems the person above, was keeping busy in the investigation himself, helping it along from time to time, when things seem to be going off the path he had so laid out in advance?

I still have not seen, where the two pictured individuals above, have not been giving Lie tests?......your answer's you seek , lie with them 2!
HAVE, they taken one as of yet.???
something tells me, they have not.

would i be correct, in saying the family wants to find billy, because the who did it and why, has more or less been answered, even if for now, theirs no connection, HARD connection, between those two, and Billy?

the case it self seems to have been really looked at, by the FBI etc, but not so much by the local cops.
I don't understand, why no one has been charged, why no tests are being taken.......can someone close to this case explain that.

this tipster, i read about, and the reactions, some had to them being tipped on........makes me think he may be credible.

Its time to bring people in, and force them to take a LIE Detector test!
because persons are
LYING!

forgot to add...
If you or someone, could provide a link, showing billys house and the areas already searched, especially those areas as reported by the tipster, that would be wonderful.
thank you in advance.

This DNA, there waiting on, for the results, if nothing matches anyone alive, then i would consider exhuming the body of the son, whom overdosed 3 or 4 months after billy went missing, there may be a chance, it could match his, if his DNA is currently not being checked with what they have.......then perhaps, with a match, the dominoes will start to fall, and once and for all, we will know where billy is...............

ALL MOO, NOTHING FACTUAL OR FOR CERTAIN UNLESS KNOWN TO BE. ALL ASSUMPTIONS AND SPECULATIONS ON MY PART.

I've started putting a list of searches together from information I've found on the web. This is what I would call, a short list for now...
May 2007 – Shelton, CT driveway dug up after tip is received that body is buried there.
Friday and Saturday, August 9 and 10, 2008 – State and Federal Police dug up an open field in a 21-acre tract, at 161 Bungay Road (private property-owner approved dig) in Seymour, CT
Friday, September 19, 2008 – investigators searched a home at 5 Nichols Street, Seymour, CT
October, 2008 – Billy’s truck searched for 1st time
Sunday, June 14, 2009 – search of densely wooded area in Shelton

What i will do, is create a map for myself, starting with his home, and add pins, from the house to areas known to have been searched, exact locations of searches, or close as possible as you can be will be appreciated..........if will give me an idea, of LE thoughts, are where he could be...............i believe, but just speculating, that it more or less became premeditated on that day, after the message was left on the machine ........and possible, if the boy had involvement, which we may know after the DNA tests, it may-have lead to his overdose, in one way or the other, such as doing more, to try and forget things, i wonder if that man above, had more of an influence on the boy then what is known, but i am sure, it is probably speculation or assumptions, but the mother would know im sure, but just speculating on that.

and may i ask you your relationship with the family, are you a family friend, or other acquaintance?

And do you know, if the family would rather those with trying to help locate billy, post on there official site, instead of another website?

And in a nutshell, do you think that the mother suspects the man above as the main POI, since his disappearance occurred after the message was left?, i am thinking, speculating, that perhaps, the man above, made arrangements with someone later that day, or what not, to respond to the message left..........I am not asking you to speak on the mothers behave, but more if you already know the answer.

ALL MOO. NOTHING FACTUAL UNLESS KNOWN TO BE, ALL SPECULATION AND ASSUMPTIONS ON MY PART.

thanks again for responding back.

I recently met the family and am looking to see if it's possible to uncover information through others who may know something that's not yet been brought forth.

Yes, $60,000.00

Is a lot of money in these hard economic times.
Perhaps Billy's Mother will join us one day, and we can continue the discussion on Billy's Case.

Thanks again for responding.

She's signed up for an account but emailed Sunday that she's having a hard time getting in. Told her to call when she had a minute and I'd see if I could figure it out by phone or go over since we live close.

Bumping this up for Billy!

Details:

forearm, bowlegged.

Jewelry:

Bumping up so that we can get this bill passed for all missing persons! Please take 30 seconds to help make the difference! 5000 signatures are needed at a minimum and there's only 120 to date. Thanks.

From Billy's mom's facebook page. Please take a look...maybe you know something. This family missing their son/brother.

Janice Smolinski Sleepless nights, worried heart, where are you hidden Billy?

Hide

Janice Smolinski Missing August 24 2004 from Waterbury Connecticut ~Presumed Homicide hidden underground somewhere ~~anyone with infomation please contact the authorities
http://www.justice4billy.com

Watch Kesse's & Smolinski's testify in DC 2morrow
The Smolinski's and Kesse's will be testifying in DC tomorrow. Their testimony will be in support of improving systems for locating the missing and more specifically to ask the subcommittee that's currently reviewing HR3695, The Help Find the Missing Act (Billy's Law) to recommend it pass into legislation.

The session is slated to begin at 10:15AM. You can tune into the session by going to this link http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/calendar.html and clicking on the "Watch Video Broadcast" bug!

A large push has been in play to get the subcommittee members who sit on this group to attend - they are not required even though you'd hope they'd make it a priority...

Please contact your federal congressman and ask that they co-sponsor this bill if improving systems for locating the missing and unidentified is important to you. If you do not have the name of your federal congressman, I can let you know who it is. I also have an excel spreadsheet with the names of all congressman and their direct phone numbers. BTW, there are 425+ US Federal congressman - we've managed to get close to 15 to commit to co-sponsoring. If the bill doesn't pass, it is not for lack of trying - it is for lack of momentum and public outreach assistance to say 'We have had it and we want human beings to take priority'.

Michelle

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back