Homeless Ga. sex offenders directed to woods

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SEX_OFFENDER_CAMP?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Homeless Ga. sex offenders directed to woods

MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) -- A small group of homeless sex offenders have set up camp in a densely wooded area behind a suburban Atlanta office park, directed there by probation officers who say it's a place of last resort for those with nowhere else to go.

Nine sex offenders live in tents surrounding a makeshift fire pit in the trees behind a towering "no trespassing" sign, waiting out their probation sentences as they face numerous living restrictions under one of the nation's toughest sex offender policies.

<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ummmmmmmmmmm the woods?? I can think of a good place to send them and it begins with an "H". I'm not talking the Hilton!!

I live in Marietta. This is an unintended consequence (good for NO one - the offenders or others in our community) of a terrible law which needs a serious overhaul.

I live in Marietta. This is an unintended consequence (good for NO one - the offenders or others in our community) of a terrible law which needs a serious overhaul.

I use to live in Marietta years ago. I think this serves no purpose to anyone.

The laws need to change. We need to find a place for SO to go and be housed
if they are not in prison.

Gozgals

I tried looking up GA sex offender laws that would make it so hard to find a place to live and the only thing I could find is they cant live less then 1000 feet from a daycare or school or chruch, any where children gather. I dont think that is asking to much. If I missed part of why it is so to find a place to live that meets those guide lines please fill me in. I fully expect they not be allowed in those places but I also think they should make a law saying they cant live less then 1000 feet from another sex offender, unless housed in prison. No matter where they live they are a problem. I had also though before you could be released from prison you had to have an approved address.

I tried looking up GA sex offender laws that would make it so hard to find a place to live and the only thing I could find is they cant live less then 1000 feet from a daycare or school or chruch, any where children gather. I dont think that is asking to much. If I missed part of why it is so to find a place to live that meets those guide lines please fill me in. I fully expect they not be allowed in those places but I also think they should make a law saying they cant live less then 1000 feet from another sex offender, unless housed in prison. No matter where they live they are a problem. I had also though before you could be released from prison you had to have an approved address.

We had two living TOGETHER a couple of years ago. There is always one who moves in then they get kicked out because we are close to a school and a pool.

Oh, but I agree that there needs to be some sort of accomodation other than in a forest or under a bridge for these people. That just leads to them committing more crimes. Yet, a big SO complex would be ripe for someone torching it. What to do?

The solution seems pretty obvious to me... keep them in prison. If you are guilty of a sex crime against a child you should be locked up for the rest of your life. Period.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back