GUILTY OK - Steve Hamilton & LaRhonda McCall for child abuse, Oklahoma City, 2009

This just breaks my heart. I'm so glad he managed to escape and get help.

http://www.myspace.com/309422583

Oh yeah...lock him up and throw away the key.
From his MS page "he dont watch tv much, He mostly plays with his xbox 360 or ps2 or is on the cpu but when he's with someone they get all his attention."

Great find. Notice how his only myspace friend is an 18 year old girl? Sick bast*#d

Yeah and her last name is McCall...same as his accomplice...maybe it's her daughter.

is it known the relationship between the victim and the 2 who held him? or did i miss it in the article? :}

how does anyone get away with hiding/holding someone captive for over 4 years? where are the cousins, aunts, grandparents, teachers? didn't anyone notice he was missing?

poor kid...to go from the age of 10 to 14 with little to no contact with anyone. how will he be affected for the rest of his life? mentally, spiritually, physically, scholastically: will he be able to recover?

so sad.

Yeah and her last name is McCall...same as his accomplice...maybe it's her daughter.

I think that is her mother, on his myspace you can click onto hers and she has her parents names listed on the little scroll down part.

How many children are being kept like this? How is it possible they aren't missed by someone?

VB

I'm confused about the address where the article says the child was held. The only thing on that road is the guard house for a base (I assume the National Guard base.) -- no houses along there, and barriers are scattered all over the road, like in front of all bases. I can't imagine that a National Guard base would have family housing. Anybody know? Otherwise, that address seems like it must be the captor's work address.

is it known the relationship between the victim and the 2 who held him? or did i miss it in the article? :}

how does anyone get away with hiding/holding someone captive for over 4 years? where are the cousins, aunts, grandparents, teachers? didn't anyone notice he was missing?

poor kid...to go from the age of 10 to 14 with little to no contact with anyone. how will he be affected for the rest of his life? mentally, spiritually, physically, scholastically: will he be able to recover?

so sad.

It looks like it was the child's mother and her boyfriend that were arrested.

I think that is her mother, on his myspace you can click onto hers and she has her parents names listed on the little scroll down part.

How many children are being kept like this? How is it possible they aren't missed by someone?

VB

The one friend on the perps myspace is listed as 18 years old. Could be the mother, though, just lying about her age, because she looks a lot like the woman arrested. Hard to tell.
Good question about how many kids are being held like this. As we have seen from other cases, neighbors and family members really need to start being more nosy and to report, and keep reporting if they feel something is wrong. That might limit these kind of case. Unfortunately, it seems that sometimes witnesses who could report and protect the child, end up joining in on the abuse, as we saw with the case of Kyle in CA. Where the heck do such monsters come from? Or, is it that creeps just tend to associate with other creeps?

Thank God he managed to escape! Maybe the mother and co. had told relatives he had gone to live with his father or to a reformatory? It is a wonder these children aren't missed!
Some families aren't very close so i guess wouldn't know..

I cannot even fathom a mother allowing, much less participating in, this type of abuse of her child. They poured alcohol on his tummy and set him on fire. Beat him with extension cords. Thank God his older sister finally helped him to escape.

Young man, you were created for better than this. I hope and pray that you can heal from the wrongs done to you. Your very best revenge against this abuse is to become MORE than you have ever dreamed you could be. God bless, son. God bless.

The one friend on the perps myspace is listed as 18 years old. Could be the mother, though, just lying about her age, because she looks a lot like the woman arrested. Hard to tell.
Good question about how many kids are being held like this. As we have seen from other cases, neighbors and family members really need to start being more nosy and to report, and keep reporting if they feel something is wrong. That might limit these kind of case. Unfortunately, it seems that sometimes witnesses who could report and protect the child, end up joining in on the abuse, as we saw with the case of Kyle in CA. Where the heck do such monsters come from? Or, is it that creeps just tend to associate with other creeps?

The 18 yo friend on his myspace, I believe is the daughter of his girlfriend, and the sister of this young boy. If you go to her myspace, she has her parents names listed and also says she has sisters and brothers.

VB

It looks like it was the child's mother and her boyfriend that were arrested.

*bolded by me*

1. REPORT REPORT REPORT-- Many times people dont report the things that set the "hinky meter" off but, That one "hinky" just might be the missing piece CPS needs to open a case. I know that people dont believe it but CPS does have to follow state regs on opening a case. (ie:evidence or complaints)

2. Yes they do associate with each other. True Case----- I had a client who had a family "intervention" with a relative who was looking at child *advertiser censored*--the intervention was not becasue of the act but because of the amount of time the child *advertiser censored* was taking up:eek:
Turns out the perp was actually making child *advertiser censored* but family denied the seriousness of the situation long story short ---perp is away for 24 years:dance:

* yes I reported this when my client brought it to my attention unfourtunately police investigations cant be done on "hearsay" so it took a lot longer to get a resolution on this case But CPS was able to remove the children*

Bless this child. May he be safe for the rest of his life!

Salem

A report taken by police indicated the boy was filthy, wore no shoes and had scars lacing his arms and back. He reportedly displayed scars on his neck, stomach and torso and claimed the abuse started shortly after he moved in with his mother after she was released from prison 4 1/2 years ago.
Mom charged with locking son in closet

The Oklahoman quoted a former landlord of McCall's who said she always kept the door to a bedroom closed, adding she never saw the boy among McCall's six other children

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/09/29/Mom-charged-with-locking-son-in-closet/UPI-15561254223956/

Mother Locked Up After Locking Son In Closet For Four Years

by JORDAN C. ALSTON September 29, 2009, 12:55pm

A 14-year-old teen is resting easy in the strong arms of Child Protection Services after serving a four year stint as a prisoner in his own home.

37-year-old LaRhonda McCall has been charged with 20 counts of child abuse and neglect after her teenage son “escaped” from a closet that she locked him in for nearly 4½ years.

Police were alerted to the situation after the teen made his way to a National Guard facility in Oklahoma City and caught the attention of a security guard on duty

http://hiphopwired.com/11080/mother-locked-up-after-locking-son-in-closet-for-four-years/

Officers Who Helped Abused, Starved Teen Relive Encounter
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 5:31 PM MDT
Updated: Sep 29, 2009 8:12 PM MDT

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The officers who helped a 14-year-old after he escaped from a home where he was allegedly beaten, starved and locked up in a closet by his mother and her friend spoke out about their shocking encounter with the boy.

The National Guard building on Northeast 36th Street is where that 14-year-old boy sought refuge after his 18-year-old sister helped him escape from what he called an abusive home. It was there that he approached the officers on duty and said he needed a police officer.

"He said that's he's been abused for the past four years and didn't want to go home. He was tired of it," said Leslie Sanders, Oklahoma Military Department.

The boy said the abuse happened at this apartment, just a mile away from the National Guard building. Officers said his body was covered with new and old wounds.

"They looked like bruises and burn marks. His wrists looks like he'd been handcuffs and had ropes or chains around him," said Paul Clark, Oklahoma Military Department. "At first it was kind of 'oh my god' and then it was like OK, let's get this kid some help."

The officers took the boy inside, fed him and called police. LaRhonda McCall, 37 and her friend Steve Hamilton, 38, were arrested and each face 20 complaints of child abuse and child neglect

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11227295

That poor poor boy. Thank god he escaped because I have no doubt they would have eventually killed him.

I hope he can heal from this evil

Sick. I hope and pray that he can find a loving family that will take him in and treat him well.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back