CA CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Malibu, 17 Sep 2009

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-missing-woman-malibu,0,1119086.story

19 Sept 09

The parents of a 24 year old woman missing since Thursday said Saturday that Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies released her from the Agoura Hills sheriff's station while she was drunk in the middle of the night.

According to the parents, witnesses said Mitrice Richardson was drunk an unable to pay her bill at a Geoffrey's in Malibu at about 10 p.m. Thursday. Richardson was taken into custody by deputies from the Malibu Lost Hills sheriff's station.

Deputies took Richardson through the canyon to the nearest sheriff's station, where they filed charges against her for not paying for the meal and took a booking photo. Richardson was released about midnight Friday, according to her parents.

much more at link

pic
http://www.ktla.com/media/photo/2009-09/49363128.jpg

Sweety, the link is not working. I did find another one:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...-is-Being-Help-Against-Her-Will-60075097.html

It looks like she was a Miss Fullerton contestant (beautiful girl)

http://www.missfullerton.com/imageview.php?img=3432&gal=159

Odd that she would go to Geoffreys without the ability to pay(no credit cards etc?); that is not a cheap place. I wonder if they can get phone records and see if she called someone for a ride or locate her phone signal?

Mitrice Richardson

Very odd! I wonder if there are any creeks, rivers, or woods that have not been searched in the area where town people have said someone was sleeping on porches?

She's been missing for a week now.
And just now they are going to look for her.
Perhaps checking the homeless shelters and hospitals first would be a good idea.
Not that they haven't already done that, I hope.

I, too, hope they have searched/called Dreamweaver, but I doubt it has been done by the police, maybe the family has! They seem very determined and I hope they do not lose spirit :( poor girl. She's so pretty. It seems like the police don't WANT to find her almost :( it's just sad.

she's on my msn daily popup news thingie today.
It sounds like she's had a bit of a mental health issue. I hope shes lost and confused and not deceased.

I know the police have said they couldn't hold her but I wonder if they bothered to tell her there really wasn't a lot within walking distance. I used to work in Agoura and I think there are some business park type buildings in that area and some homes but not much else. Maybe a gas station. I hope she wasn't snatched off the road.

I really hope they find her. I wish LE would have insisted that she stay the night because there is really nowhere to go in this part of Calabasas, especially at that time.

I drive Las Virgenes Rd/Malibu Canyon Rd frequently when I take PCH out of West LA to avoid the 405. I've also driven it at night and it is pretty freaky. This is not somewhere I would want to be walking alone. The surrounding area is very nice and very safe, but this road is very desolate except during the day. The canyon itself is beautiful, but it is very steep and deep. It would be so easy to hide something there. A matter of fact, hikers recently discovered a car in the canyon that belonged to a person that went missing about 4 or 5 years ago. That gives an idea of how difficult this area is/was to search.

From all of the clues (although unconfirmed), it sounds like she may have left the canyon. I read an article from Fox that stated somebody pulled over to speak to a friend that was showing her poster. She saw her walking in the canyon (on the road presumably) at 7:30am. It is unlikely that anything bad happened in the canyon assuming she walked straight down the road to PCH. The question is, where did she go next?

http://www.thegrio.com/2009/09/a-massive-search-effort-for.php

Richardson was booked, then released at about 1:30 am. After making a few phone calls, the 24-year-old, who her mother says was afraid of the dark and lacked street savvy, left the station with no car, no purse or even a cell phone. The sheriff's department says they couldn't force her to stay.

Mitrice Richardson 24, Missing 9/17/09 From Los Angeles, CA - Help Find The Missing

Mitrice Richardson was released from the substation in the 27000 block of Agoura Road about 1:25 a.m. after she was arrested for allegedly failing to pay for a meal and being in possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

Richardson had been arrested about 8 p.m. Wednesday after failing to pay an $89.21 bill at Geoffrey’s Malibu. Sheriff’s deputies discovered the marijuana in her white 1990 Honda Civic, which was impounded, authorities said.

In an interview, her father, Michael Richardson, questioned the Sheriff's Department’s decision to release her without knowing for certain whether she was intoxicated or had arranged for transportation. “They allowed her to walk out of that facility and down that road in the pitch black night,” he said. “That’s not right. Now, I just want to find my child.”

Search done over the weekend.
She was not found.

Her story on JVM tonight.

I wonder if she is hiding out because she is in trouble. I hope so.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/Mitrice_Richardson_Missing_Woman_20090923
Family consults a civil rights lawyer.

There is a family web site now.
http://sites.google.com/site/findmitrice/

Some newspaper articles say she has been a substitute teacher, living with her great grandmother, as it is closer to her job.
No one knows why she was at the restaurant that night. According to reports, she joined another table of 6 people. And supposedly said that table was paying for her meal.
Her mother says she had $2000.00 in her bank account.

From the family it seems she may have had some mental health issues.

But the police should never have let her leave in the middle of the night, on that canyon road.

Her grandmother offered to pay the restaurant tab on her credit card, but did not have a fax machine and the restaurant would not take it without a faxed signature.
Her mother was to pick her up in the morning at the police station.

Mistakes all around.

Has anybody else noticed inconsistencies in the reporting of this story? Just about everything involving time.

Most articles said the incident at the restaurant occurred around 10pm, another article said 8pm. The time for her release from the Sheriff station has been quoted as midnight, 1:30am, 3am and 4:30am.

Most articles state that she was seen resting in a backyard at 6:30am, yet her Facebook group for the search states 1:15am (which would be before she was even released according to articles).

Some articles say she did not/could not pay for her meal and a credit card over the phone would not be accepted, others say her credit card was rejected and they would not take the second credit card over the phone.

I will try to collect some URLs so you can see what I mean.

Seems weird.

She was last seen at the 500 block of Cold Canyon Road, assuming she was the one sleeping on porches. If you look on Google Maps, this is a bit of a walk from the main canyon road, off of Piuma Road, a residential thoroughfare that heads into the mountains. I hope searches have been considering this area east of Las Virgenes Rd. and not just Las Virgenes Road and Malibu. She could have very well followed Piuma Road into the wilderness. It becomes something like "Santa Monica Raceway" or something like that, after the hot rods that race through the forest in that area, and eventually hits PCH after a very long and winding route.

I wonder if she is hiding out because she is in trouble. I hope so.

I am tending to believe that, due to her behavior. She did not call her parents. It makes me think she was picked up by somebody she knew and is with that person, either hiding, or in danger.

This is what is unclear. Did the family already know this, or is it due to her behavior that night? From everything I have read, and the family's reaction, it seems that she is assumed to have mental health issues due to the way she was acting.

There is nothing coming out in the news on this case. At least not today. I don't even know her and it is frustrating. I can't imagine how her family must feel.

Haven't read the story links yet, but I saw this story on the news this morning and it did not make sense to me. Was she disabled, mentally challenged or under the influence? She did not have a vehicle or was it left at the restaurant? Very strange indeed.

I am tending to believe that, due to her behavior. She did not call her parents. It makes me think she was picked up by somebody she knew and is with that person, either hiding, or in danger.

I cetrainly hope that is the case, however that does not coincide with the report of her being seen on someone's porch the next morning. This case is so odd. Is there anyone here that knows anything about police procedures? I mean if the police are telling the truth and she didn't seem impaired at the time of release, what is their responsiblity here? She's an adult. However, I have a problem with someone in the police station indicating they offered her to stay overnight there if she seemed normal. Why would you ask someone that if they were acting normal?

Another thing I found odd was that her mother claims to have called the police station and they told her that she could pick her up at 4 and when she called at 430 they told her they had released her at 130. Whole case seems weird, you would think that this mother of this sheltered child would have rushed to the police station to get her daughter. Also, why call at 430 if you they told you that you could pick her up at 4? Does the mother live out of town?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back