794 users online (131 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Malibu, 17 Sept 2009

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,1119086.story

19 Sept 09

The parents of a 24 year old woman missing since Thursday said Saturday that Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies released her from the Agoura Hills sheriff's station while she was drunk in the middle of the night.

According to the parents, witnesses said Mitrice Richardson was drunk an unable to pay her bill at a Geoffrey's in Malibu at about 10 p.m. Thursday. Richardson was taken into custody by deputies from the Malibu Lost Hills sheriff's station.

Deputies took Richardson through the canyon to the nearest sheriff's station, where they filed charges against her for not paying for the meal and took a booking photo. Richardson was released about midnight Friday, according to her parents.

much more at link

pic
    http://www.ktla.com/media/photo/2009-09/49363128.jpg
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-12-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

Still missing

"Don't forget the kangaroo!"

Sweety, the link is not working. I did find another one:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...-60075097.html

It looks like she was a Miss Fullerton contestant (beautiful girl)

http://www.missfullerton.com/imagevi...g=3432&gal=159

Odd that she would go to Geoffreys without the ability to pay(no credit cards etc?); that is not a cheap place. I wonder if they can get phone records and see if she called someone for a ride or locate her phone signal?

Mitrice Richardson

Very odd! I wonder if there are any creeks, rivers, or woods that have not been searched in the area where town people have said someone was sleeping on porches?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

She's been missing for a week now.
    And just now they are going to look for her.
    Perhaps checking the homeless shelters and hospitals first would be a good idea.
    Not that they haven't already done that, I hope.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

I, too, hope they have searched/called Dreamweaver, but I doubt it has been done by the police, maybe the family has! They seem very determined and I hope they do not lose spirit poor girl. She's so pretty. It seems like the police don't WANT to find her almost it's just sad.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

she's on my msn daily popup news thingie today.
    It sounds like she's had a bit of a mental health issue. I hope shes lost and confused and not deceased.
    -Beth In Alaska

I know the police have said they couldn't hold her but I wonder if they bothered to tell her there really wasn't a lot within walking distance. I used to work in Agoura and I think there are some business park type buildings in that area and some homes but not much else. Maybe a gas station. I hope she wasn't snatched off the road.

I really hope they find her. I wish LE would have insisted that she stay the night because there is really nowhere to go in this part of Calabasas, especially at that time.

I drive Las Virgenes Rd/Malibu Canyon Rd frequently when I take PCH out of West LA to avoid the 405. I've also driven it at night and it is pretty freaky. This is not somewhere I would want to be walking alone. The surrounding area is very nice and very safe, but this road is very desolate except during the day. The canyon itself is beautiful, but it is very steep and deep. It would be so easy to hide something there. A matter of fact, hikers recently discovered a car in the canyon that belonged to a person that went missing about 4 or 5 years ago. That gives an idea of how difficult this area is/was to search.

From all of the clues (although unconfirmed), it sounds like she may have left the canyon. I read an article from Fox that stated somebody pulled over to speak to a friend that was showing her poster. She saw her walking in the canyon (on the road presumably) at 7:30am. It is unlikely that anything bad happened in the canyon assuming she walked straight down the road to PCH. The question is, where did she go next?
    Last edited by UCLAEigenguy; 09-27-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Time of sighting was at 7:30am, not 5pm. This would be shortly after she was discovered resting on a patio.

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Los Angeles, Sept 2009 - #1

http://www.thegrio.com/2009/09/a-mas...effort-for.php

Richardson was booked, then released at about 1:30 am. After making a few phone calls, the 24-year-old, who her mother says was afraid of the dark and lacked street savvy, left the station with no car, no purse or even a cell phone. The sheriff's department says they couldn't force her to stay.
    Last edited by JBean; 08-12-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: remains id'ed RIP

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Mitrice Richardson 24, Missing 9/17/09 From Los Angeles, CA - Help Find The Missing

Mitrice Richardson was released from the substation in the 27000 block of Agoura Road about 1:25 a.m. after she was arrested for allegedly failing to pay for a meal and being in possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

Richardson had been arrested about 8 p.m. Wednesday after failing to pay an $89.21 bill at Geoffrey’s Malibu. Sheriff’s deputies discovered the marijuana in her white 1990 Honda Civic, which was impounded, authorities said.

In an interview, her father, Michael Richardson, questioned the Sheriff's Department’s decision to release her without knowing for certain whether she was intoxicated or had arranged for transportation. “They allowed her to walk out of that facility and down that road in the pitch black night,” he said. “That’s not right. Now, I just want to find my child.”
    Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Search done over the weekend.
    She was not found.

Her story on JVM tonight.
    Gary Haugen

I wonder if she is hiding out because she is in trouble. I hope so.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/loca...Woman_20090923
    Family consults a civil rights lawyer.

There is a family web site now.
    http://sites.google.com/site/findmitrice/

Some newspaper articles say she has been a substitute teacher, living with her great grandmother, as it is closer to her job.
    No one knows why she was at the restaurant that night. According to reports, she joined another table of 6 people. And supposedly said that table was paying for her meal.
    Her mother says she had $2000.00 in her bank account.

From the family it seems she may have had some mental health issues.

But the police should never have let her leave in the middle of the night, on that canyon road.

Her grandmother offered to pay the restaurant tab on her credit card, but did not have a fax machine and the restaurant would not take it without a faxed signature.
    Her mother was to pick her up in the morning at the police station.

Mistakes all around.
    Last edited by dreamweaver; 09-28-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: add
    Gary Haugen

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast