1266 users online (181 members and 1085 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    I've never heard of this guy before and this case has tons of pages. I was wondering if someone can help me. Does anyone have a picture of what this man would have looked like around 1973-1974 and if or what kind of car he drove?

I was almost abducted back then while living in florida and it was never reported but it haunts me to this day. His picture in jail of recent that I saw, sure could fit the guy back when this happened to me but I need to see a photo when he was younger. Thanks

Hi all,
    Just wondering how everyone has been. Also is there any more news on how he got to Cheryl. I am the one he talked to at Glenda's store. So I know that with my own eyes I never percieved him as a killer. But LOOKS cant always be truthful huh. Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    I've never heard of this guy before and this case has tons of pages. I was wondering if someone can help me. Does anyone have a picture of what this man would have looked like around 1973-1974 and if or what kind of car he drove?

I was almost abducted back then while living in florida and it was never reported but it haunts me to this day. His picture in jail of recent that I saw, sure could fit the guy back when this happened to me but I need to see a photo when he was younger. Thanks
    Lera, there has been silence in the Gary Michael Hilton investigation, since it's inception. Profilers from the FBI BAU2 were flown in to join the investigation, the day of his arrest.

Many of the links from 2008 have been deleted and pics are hard to come by. The following link has a pic of GMH with an unknown date, however, using deducting reasoning, he should have been in his mid to late 30s.

http://www.wtol.com/global/story.asp?s=8018564 (click the photo to enlarge)

Be sure to read the Tyrra Messerve/Green Publishing article on the attempted abduction in Madison County FL..(comment #72 on this thread)

Foxfire07

http://transylvaniatimes.com/son-of-...ce-p6535-1.htm

(snipet)

Son Of Murdered Couple Waits For Justice

John Bryant
    Lenora Carver, Staff Writer• Fri, Oct 29, 2010
    On Oct. 21, 2007, 80-year-old John Bryant and his 84-year-old wife, Irene, started to hike a trail off Yellow Gap Road, near the Cradle of Forestry, in the Pisgah National Forest.
    When their son, Robert, later didn’t hear from his parents, who lived in Henderson County, he alerted the authorities.
    On Nov. 9, his mother’s body was found near the Pink Beds area in the forest. Autopsy results said she died from a blow to the head. More than three months later, a hunter in the Nantahala National Forest found his father’s body.
    Autopsy results ruled his death was caused by a gunshot wound to the head.
    Authorities later linked 64-year-old Gary Michael Hilton to the Bryants’ deaths and at least two other murders. Hilton, however, has not been formally charged with the Bryants’ murders.
    For their son, justice has been slow coming, but Robert, in a telephone interview Tuesday, said he is “hopeful” his parents’ case will not be forgotten.
    In January 2008, Hilton pleaded guilty to the murder of a 24-year-old Georgia resident, Meredith Emerson, who was found decapitated and bludgeoned to death in Dawson State Forest. He was convicted to life in prison with the possibility of parole in 30 years.
    Hilton is currently awaiting trial in Florida for the murder of Cheryl Dunlap, a 46-year-old nurse and Sunday School teacher.
    According to the Tallahassee Democrat, the newspaper in Leon County where Hilton is being held, his trial is set for this Jan. 31.
    Hilton’s attorney, public defender Ines Suber, had on Oct. 22 asked for a three-month delay for the trial, citing the need for more time to question more witnesses, according to the newspaper.
    Circuit Judge James Hankinson denied the defense’s motion for a second request for continuance, saying it had been given enough time to prepare.
    Robert was pleased to hear about the judge’s decision.
    “I was gratified to see this,” he said. “I am frustrated at the slow place of the trial in Florida. We are anxious to see this guy tried.”
    Robert said that while he wants to see Hilton go to trial for the alleged murder of his parents, he doesn’t want to do anything to jeopardize the Dunlap case.
    Therefore, he said, he would wait patiently.
    “But we’re hopeful,” said Bryant, who is scheduled to meet soon with the N.C. Attorney General’s Office.

Lera, could you give specifics of the posible abduction and why it was aborted.

TY
    Foxfire07

Lera, in 1982, GMH owned a camaro.

Tomorrow is the 3rd anniversary of Meredith Hope Emerson's tragic abduction and murder by GMH...
    She was the catalyst that brought his evil reign of terror to an abrupt end..
    Meredith was a kindred spirit and fighter...she still is...
    May she rest in peace..

The Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
    Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
    where there is injury, pardon;
    where there is doubt, faith;
    where there is despair, hope;
    where there is darkness, light;
    where there is sadness, joy;

'Meredith Hope Emerson Guestbook'
    http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/gues...&pid=100869042

Foxfire
    Last edited by foxfire07; 12-31-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Thank you for this post. I always think about Meredith and her dog, Ella, at this time of year. Because of her, this monster will never harm another person. May her family and friends find peace. She displayed great courage and strength in life and she will not be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire07 View Post
    Tomorrow is the 3rd anniversary of Meredith Hope Emerson's tragic abduction and murder by GMH...
    She was the catalyst that brought his evil reign of terror to an abrupt end..
    Meredith was a kindred spirit and fighter...she still is...
    May she rest in peace..

The Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
    Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
    where there is injury, pardon;
    where there is doubt, faith;
    where there is despair, hope;
    where there is darkness, light;
    where there is sadness, joy;

'Meredith Hope Emerson Guestbook'
    http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/gues...&pid=100869042

Foxfire

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2...ig-Bend-briefs

---------------------------

Published: January 05. 2011 2:00AM

Judge to hear more than 20 motions in Hilton case

More than 20 pretrial motions in the capital murder case against Gary Michael Hilton will be taken up by Leon Circuit Judge James C. Hankinson at a hearing Friday.

Hilton is accused of killing Crawfordville nurse Cheryl Dunlap in late 2007.

The many motions filed by Hilton's public defenders include one to keep confidential requests forbidding the state from discussing the condition of Dunlap's body — or the murder of a Georgia hiker — as evidence in the penalty phase of the trial.

The Tallahassee Democrat is opposing the motion.

The defense also wants separate juries for the guilt and penalty portions of the trial and to limit victim impact statements to stop jurors from being unfairly prejudiced at sentencing.

Hilton, who received a life sentence in Georgia for the murder of Meredith Emerson, faces the death penalty in the Dunlap case. Jury selection is set to begin Jan. 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidley View Post
    Thank you for this post. I always think about Meredith and her dog, Ella, at this time of year. Because of her, this monster will never harm another person. May her family and friends find peace. She displayed great courage and strength in life and she will not be forgotten.
    You're Welcome Sidley.. I think about her and Ella, 24/7, and the courageous sacrifice that she made to bring GMH & Associate's evil reign of terror to an abrupt end, preventing the abduction of any more innocent victims.
    It is very important to keep Meredith Hope Emerson's memory alive. She was/is a kindred spirit and a fighter..

Ella, Meredith's K9 companion, no longer a puppy, after 3 long years, now weighs in excess of 80 pounds..

well, before gmh can have a penalty phase he would first have to be found guilty, i'm not up on florida law but it would seem the judge shouldn't take up the courts time with this.

i can see a legitimate reason for exclusion of prior offenses in the trial, only evidence of the crimes charged should be allowed. but penalty phase exclusion is rediculous on its face, particularly with a guilty plea in georgia to a ruthless and sadistic murder
    Last edited by stormsailor; 01-05-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire07 View Post
    http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2...ig-Bend-briefs

The defense also wants separate juries for the guilt and penalty portions of the trial and to limit victim impact statements to stop jurors from being unfairly prejudiced at sentencing.
    UNFAIRLY Prejudiced???!!! Shouldn't the jury know all the facts of the trial when sentencing? How can they be unfairly prejudiced by the facts of the case?

Hopefully the judge will throw out all these motions tomorrow and get this show on the road...3 years a too long for this to continue to drag on...time for GMH to pay the piper!

Quote Originally Posted by TLS51 View Post
    Hopefully the judge will throw out all these motions tomorrow and get this show on the road...3 years a too long for this to continue to drag on...time for GMH to pay the piper!
    TLS51, the new judge: Judge James Hankinson, seems to be a no nonsense judge and will move the trial on..
    Gary Michael Hilton: Serial Killer, knows that he wil never live to see his death penalty carried out in Florida. GMH is now 64 years old. His life expectancy is only 76 years old and the time that it takes for execution in FL is 18 to 20 years, after automatic apeals, etc.
    My research shows that many death sentences are overturned by higher State and Federal Courts, once the media spotlight has dimmed.
    Justice for GMH & Associates many innocent victims will never be served IMO...nor will the truth of the reign of terror be revealed to the American Public...
    Although GMH and Inez Suber are 'Cheek to Cheek' on the defense strategy, it is just a matter of time before GMH will emulate Ted Bundy, fire Suber, and represent himself...
    Last edited by foxfire07; 01-07-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6