1287 users online (214 members and 1073 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The van was abandoned in 2006.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/19/...ker/index.html

Beebe was murdered in Dec. 2004.

I wonder when Hilton obtained the first white van that was found abandoned. Did he own that van in 2004? What was he driving in 2004?

Patrice Endres went missing April 2004.
    Leslie Beebe went missing December 2004.

Where was GMH during this time?

Both women went missing from areas that are between where GMH lived in the forest and his bosses business.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/y9wm4we

A: Lake Russell, GA (Hilton camped here)
    B: Cumming, GA (Patrice Endres)
    C: Leslie Beebe last seen here
    D: Forestwood Dr, Sandy Springs, GA (Beebe found here)
    E: Chamblee, GA (Hilton lived here at his bosses place of business)
    F: Beebe worked here

Leslie Beebe left work (F on map) and was last seen at the Derby sports Bar in Alpharetta (C on map), her car and body were found in Sandy Springs (D on map).

So Beebe drove from the Atlanta area N to Alpharetta where she disappeared but her and her car were found in Sandy Springs. This means either she drove or someone else drove her car back to Sandy Springs. She was almost home when she stopped at her usual hang out at the Derby. Why drive all the way back to the Atlanta area where she worked? Could she have been forced to drive there or was her car driven by someone else and her body left there? I find this plausible.

Gary Hilton lived at his boss' place of business in Chamblee less than 6 miles from where Beebe and her car were found.

I found it odd that Patrice Endres went missing in Cumming which is on the way from Hilton's camp at Lake Russell (G on map) to where Hilton lived at his bosses house in Chamblee.

The same can be said for the place Beebe disappeared from. It is also on the way from Hiltons camp to his bosses house where Hilton lived off and on.
    Last edited by dsntslp; 12-12-2009 at 06:34 PM.

I have seen it suggested that because of the length of time between kidnap and death, and the ages and description of some of the victims that Hilton could possibly have been selling some of his victims and then disposing of them. I met a man who went to High School with Hilton and is without doubt a Hilton Wannabe. He worships Hilton and carries crime scene photos around with him. He, for a time, until authorities had it shut down, posted a website in honor of Hilton. He's a definite Psycopath. He lives in Marble Hill where Hilton was seen just before Merdith's death.

This begs the question: How many others could there be?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have seen it suggested that because of the length of time between kidnap and death, and the ages and description of some of the victims that Hilton could possibly have been selling some of his victims and then disposing of them. I met a man who went to High School with Hilton and is without doubt a Hilton Wannabe. He worships Hilton and carries crime scene photos around with him. He, for a time, until authorities had it shut down, posted a website in honor of Hilton. He's a definite Psycopath. He lives in Marble Hill where Hilton was seen just before Merdith's death.

Ranger, can you clarify your comment or be more specific? Where did Gary Hilton attend High School?

If Hilton did camp in Dawsonville, they way some say he did, then he was camping even closer to where Leslie disappeared than what I have posted on the map above.

Map Dawsonville, GA: http://tinyurl.com/ylsdagq

Quote Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post
    If Hilton did camp in Dawsonville, they way some say he did, then he was camping even closer to where Leslie disappeared than what I have posted on the map above.

Map Dawsonville, GA: http://tinyurl.com/ylsdagq
    Google Afton or Afton Road 30534 or 30148. GMH was all over this area for decades. Also NimbleWill Campground/ Chattahoochee Nat Forest off HWY 52 East of Amichalola Falls.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post

Ranger, interesting speculation, cept Gary Hilton dropped out of School at the age of 14 years old.

Irony: His dog before Dandy was 'Ranger".

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Google Afton or Afton Road 30534 or 30148. GMH was all over this area for decades. Also NimbleWill Campground/ Chattahoochee Nat Forest off HWY 52 East of Amichalola Falls.
    Thank you, truly. If you don't mind, are there LE reports or depositions etc, something with teeth I can cite that is verifiable, that I can quote as evidence that he was indeed known to live or frequent these areas? Any help you can provide is so truly appreciated. There are many areas that have been identified online as speculation that GMH camped/lived/hiked at but I am having trouble with being able to cite credibly.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am ever so thankful for the information, please believe that.

Is there any way possible you could share why you believe these areas are of importance? (Yes, I mapped them and thank you again, honestly.)

Quote Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post
    Thank you, truly. If you don't mind, are there LE reports or depositions etc, something with teeth I can cite that is verifiable, that I can quote as evidence that he was indeed known to live or frequent these areas? Any help you can provide is so truly appreciated. There are many areas that have been identified online as speculation that GMH camped/lived/hiked at but I am having trouble with being able to cite credibly.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am ever so thankful for the information, please believe that.

Is there any way possible you could share why you believe these areas are of importance? (Yes, I mapped them and thank you again, honestly.)
    httpglennindawson.blogspot.com

Steve Watson, a local businessman: Watson's Paving Co; Dawsonville, GA, eyewitnessed him standing in front of the Densmore Abandoned Farm House located at Afton Rd. & the Amicacola River at 9:30 AM on 01/04/08, standing like a statue in front of the house. Meredith Hope Emerson, had made her last valiant attempt to escape in the shed by the Farm House.

I personally saw GMH's van in the Mathis Field hidden in the treeline at 06:30 on 01/03/08, right after the 5PM phone by GMH to John Tabor from the Marble Hill Huddle House.

GMH, was also eyewitnessed by Steve Moranas owner of the local Insurance Agency, in the Wildcat Tract Dawson Forest WMA Campsite on many occasions. he said that it was strange at the number of sleeping bags on his clotheline.
    Dawsonville Park Officials encountered him on the Amicacola River at Lindsay Ford: 6 mile putin, on numerous occasions.

RE: LE Reports: After locating GMHs underground garbage pile consisting of ladies clothes, hairbow, backpack, childrens clothes, multiple liquor bottles(no two brands the same) suspenders, etc.(John Bryant always wore red suspenders when hiking) LE was contacted, but wrote off the discovery. Said that GMH had only abducted two women for their charge cards and that I needed therapy. They never removed the k9 from the car, returned to service and left the clothes on the ground. After they left I walked 40 yards into the woods and found a pair of ladies pants that had been jerked off, was inside out and still had the panties attached...
    On 01/06/08, I contacted the Union County Tip Ctr., after locating personal belongings of Meredith Hope Emerson and GMHs inside the Densmore House. I was informed that the search team was only a couple miles downstream from me at Sweetwatert Juno. The GBI, DNR & other Agencies responded with K9s.
    I weas informed by a GBI SA, that they came back and removed a truckload of evidence from the Densmore FarmHouse Property.
    If you are relying on LE for info, you may as well give up. JMHO
    Last edited by Foxfire; 03-16-2010 at 01:29 AM.

My observations of the GBI, is that the Special Agents are very Professional, Caring, and as thorough as possible under the tremendous caseload and budget constraints that they are under. They are very Elite, simply the 'Best of the Best'. Due to the politics involved, the longevity of the Leadership, antiquated policies, procedures, strategies, and the refusal to adopt new technology, utilize available resources, and improve communication with other agencies & the public, seems the cold cases keep mounting up.
    Kristi's abduction is very personal to them, as well as the local LE & other LEO Agencies involved in the investigation, since she was one of theirs(Probation Officer).

Meredith's 2008 DNA Law, could lighten the caseload due to the recidivism of predators, but not without proper funding.

http://www.democraticpartyofgeorgia.org/node/... [/url]

Moultrie Observer - GBI: No crime lab decision yet.. GBI spokesman John Bankhead said that no decision has been made.

The closing of two of the labs is part of the budget cuts the agency is required to submit....

Learned tonight that Search Organizations cannot plant themselves into a search or investigation, unless requested by the Victim's Family or LE Agency. I am confident that proven Organizations such as Monica Caison's CUE, out of NC, would jump at the chance to lend a helping hand to bring Kristi Cornwell home... A simple phone call or email would get the ball rolling...
    http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/
    Last edited by Foxfire; 03-16-2010 at 01:21 AM.

8 Rob Neufeld on books: WNC novel fictionalizes trails serial killer
    Rob Neufeld • COLUMNIST • February 28, 2010
    Romance, a sociopath, and a Blue Ridge Mountain summer camp compete for top billing in Rose Senehi's novel “The Wind in the Woods,” and you might say the camp wins. The novel is one of 15 current books published by the new Boone-area outfit Canterbury House, which seeks to advance good writing, regional settings, suspense and stories of hope.
    Canterbury's best-selling titles are the “Ride” series by Alabama writers Edie Hand and Jeffrey Addison (a.k.a. Don Keith). Their novella,“A Christmas Ride,” tells of miracles of reconciliation experienced by a family on Christmas stays in the mountains.
    “The Soldier's Ride” involves visitations in a cemetery and an appreciation of war veterans' struggles.
    Senehi taps another inspirational source: efforts to preserve wilderness and use its effects to build character in youth. She launches her book at four locations in Western North Carolina, March 7-14 (see box).
    Creepy entrance
    “If they only knew who they ushered out of that cell,” Gary Skinner, a sociopath, mutters to himself after being let out of the Buncombe County jail at the beginning of “The Wind in the Woods”(trade paperback,$15.95).
    “If everything went the way he planned, by the end of the week he'd have enough cash to head back down to Satellite Beach” in Florida, where the murder of Melissa Hunt should have become a cold case.
    Skinner murders people on hiking trails to get their money and bank cards.
    Senehi drew some of her details from the October 2007 murder of John and Irene Bryant and from the confession of Gary Michael Hilton, the 61-year-old killer of Meredith Emerson in north Georgia in 2008.
    Senehi's lead chapter, in which the reader catches up with the mind of Skinner, is literary and disturbing. Skinner's modus operandi is believably detailed and improvisational.
    Very good suspense writing, however, cannot fully deepen the unambiguous division of good and evil in the novel. Skinner's story does not connect with the themes of the other characters' stories except as someone who generates fear and heroism.
    (2 of 2)
    The flip side
    Romance is another matter. A love of Camp Green River is integral to lovers' love.“Almost every couple he knew,” Senehi writes of the camp owner,“Tiger” Morrison “met at camp, worked together at camp, or got together through some camp connection.”
    Morrison breaks up with his stylish companion, Liz, because of her disdain for the commonness of camp. Liz wants him to turn over the camp to Sammy, his daughter by his late wife, who died in a car crash with a drunken driver.
    Sammy lives and breathes the camp.“She practically grew up learning to look for and recognize anything that grew or crawled around on the forest floor. Over the past 24 years she'd hiked every trail on their three thousand acres a hundred times.”
    When Sammy goes on a hike to Ruby Falls with Patrick, a smitten camp counselor, they talk about one of Patrick's charges, Tucker, a math prodigy with a nature deficit disorder.
    “Are you familiar with the Fibonacci ratios?” Patrick asks Sammy. Yes, she had read about it in “The Da Vinci Code.” The ratios show up in pine cones, flower petals and other natural patterns, and Patrick figures he “can teach it to Tucker and try to draw him into connecting his number fetish to nature.”
    That's the third element in the book: connecting children to an ethic that goes back to the Cherokee, from whom Morrison's ancestors got the land, and to Ernest Thompson Seton, the Scots founder of the League of Woodcraft Indians.
    It's an ethic that this region can boast.
    “The year 2010,” Senehi writes in her acknowledgements,“marks the 100th anniversary of the establishment of summer youth camps in the Hendersonville/Brevard area, which contains the highest concentration of camps in the United States.”

Monday Mar 8 Rob Neufeld on books: WNC novel fictionalizes trails serial killer
    Rob Neufeld • COLUMNIST • February 28, 2010
    Romance, a sociopath, and a Blue Ridge Mountain summer camp compete for top billing in Rose Senehi's novel “The Wind in the Woods,” and you might say the camp wins. The novel is one of 15 current books published by the new Boone-area outfit Canterbury House, which seeks to advance good writing, regional settings, suspense and stories of hope.
    Canterbury's best-selling titles are the “Ride” series by Alabama writers Edie Hand and Jeffrey Addison (a.k.a. Don Keith). Their novella,“A Christmas Ride,” tells of miracles of reconciliation experienced by a family on Christmas stays in the mountains.
    “The Soldier's Ride” involves visitations in a cemetery and an appreciation of war veterans' struggles.
    Senehi taps another inspirational source: efforts to preserve wilderness and use its effects to build character in youth. She launches her book at four locations in Western North Carolina, March 7-14 (see box).
    Creepy entrance
    “If they only knew who they ushered out of that cell,” Gary Skinner, a sociopath, mutters to himself after being let out of the Buncombe County jail at the beginning of “The Wind in the Woods”(trade paperback,$15.95).
    “If everything went the way he planned, by the end of the week he'd have enough cash to head back down to Satellite Beach” in Florida, where the murder of Melissa Hunt should have become a cold case.
    Skinner murders people on hiking trails to get their money and bank cards.
    Senehi drew some of her details from the October 2007 murder of John and Irene Bryant and from the confession of Gary Michael Hilton, the 61-year-old killer of Meredith Emerson in north Georgia in 2008.
    Senehi's lead chapter, in which the reader catches up with the mind of Skinner, is literary and disturbing. Skinner's modus operandi is believably detailed and improvisational.
    Very good suspense writing, however, cannot fully deepen the unambiguous division of good and evil in the novel. Skinner's story does not connect with the themes of the other characters' stories except as someone who generates fear and heroism.
    (2 of 2)
    The flip side
    Romance is another matter. A love of Camp Green River is integral to lovers' love.“Almost every couple he knew,” Senehi writes of the camp owner,“Tiger” Morrison “met at camp, worked together at camp, or got together through some camp connection.”
    Morrison breaks up with his stylish companion, Liz, because of her disdain for the commonness of camp. Liz wants him to turn over the camp to Sammy, his daughter by his late wife, who died in a car crash with a drunken driver.
    Sammy lives and breathes the camp.“She practically grew up learning to look for and recognize anything that grew or crawled around on the forest floor. Over the past 24 years she'd hiked every trail on their three thousand acres a hundred times.”
    When Sammy goes on a hike to Ruby Falls with Patrick, a smitten camp counselor, they talk about one of Patrick's charges, Tucker, a math prodigy with a nature deficit disorder.
    “Are you familiar with the Fibonacci ratios?” Patrick asks Sammy. Yes, she had read about it in “The Da Vinci Code.” The ratios show up in pine cones, flower petals and other natural patterns, and Patrick figures he “can teach it to Tucker and try to draw him into connecting his number fetish to nature.”
    That's the third element in the book: connecting children to an ethic that goes back to the Cherokee, from whom Morrison's ancestors got the land, and to Ernest Thompson Seton, the Scots founder of the League of Woodcraft Indians.

Foxfire,
    Therein lies the problem. No offense to the gentleman in Dawsonville (Wolsfcratch) and his research but I can not quote him. I have to find information that stands alone. If I can corroborate his information and cite a credible source I can use it though...

The book info is interesting for sure, thank you.

BTW, I got a copy of "Deadly Run" and have watched it so many times I think my eyes are going to bleed, ugh, lol.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast