1048 users online (189 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

The MacDonalds vs. author of Scales and Justice

Looks like things are heating up! I still don't know about the Today show tomorrow for sure or not, but maybe Mac is gearing up to sue another author, this time claiming she stole his documents and photos. (NOT TRUE) A lot of new publicity could be generated for this case very soon!

Kathryn MacDonald, his newest dupe, and his lawyer appeared live on the Today show proclaiming the killer's innocence.

Fortunately, NBC included sound bites from Robert Stevenson, Colette's brother, and an army investigator, both of whom insisted on his guilt.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...onald_parole_2

Former Army doctor Jeffrey MacDonald, convicted 25 years ago of the stabbing deaths of his pregnant wife and two daughters, waived a parole hearing that was set for March and will apply to be heard instead in May, his wife said Wednesday.

Kathryn MacDonald said her husband's lawyers want to make sure the materials they present in support of his parole request are as complete as possible.
    "It didn't seem like it was going to be doable by the date we were scheduled for, so he decided to just wait," she said from her home in Laurel, a Washington suburb.
    Just my opinion

Wish I could be as sure as y'all are on his guilt. I'm sure anyone writing will have read both "Fatals". The invasion scenario was unlikely at best but a possibility considering the Dr.s alienating the village druggies.

If it is better a hundred guilty go free than a single innocent person lose their liberty, cut him loose already!

Delayed parole hearing

More waiting...it's got to be so hard on his latest victim, Kathryn. Aren't they going to be celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary this coming summer? I don't understand why she wants to waste away her life. She looks good for a 40+ woman, but won't forever. He looks like a hardened old con; I can't believe she is pining away for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalypso
    More waiting...it's got to be so hard on his latest victim, Kathryn. Aren't they going to be celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary this coming summer? I don't understand why she wants to waste away her life. She looks good for a 40+ woman, but won't forever. He looks like a hardened old con; I can't believe she is pining away for him.
    Well there's all kinds of whacko's out there, there are stupid women now claiming Scott Peterson is "hot", even though he's been convicted of the murders of his wife and unborn son and they know about it and even have pictures of him with Amber!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Hi all, I wonder which "Mac" is applying for parole Dr. Jeklyl or Mr. Hyde. Regardless, I believe he's a horrible Monster and I hope he never sees the light of day. Too bad, he wasn't put to death for this heinous crime. I was only 17 years old (oops) when this happened! In my gut feeling, I always felt he was guilty and I hope he remains a for the rest of his life! This one and the Routier Case are very simular INDEED. Notice how they also play the same game. I really think these two are so crazy they actually believe their own LIES.

Quote Originally Posted by annie mae
    Kalypso. I also find the thread of the Kathryn name unusual I believe in the strange and paranormal. And all the so called people that were in the house the night of the murder, they all died without leaving a note saying "I did it" Peace & light, annie Just a note. I was dusting my 4 (yes 4) bookselves today and came across a book I had read years ago called "and the sea will tell". Not to get off base but wasn't that murder a string of strange events?
    I loved that book, "And The Sea Will Tell". It was later made into a tv movie with Deidre Hall from Days of our Lives as muff graham; I think james brolin played muffs husband (Mack or Jim?--can't remember his 1st name). Rachel Ward was also in it. For anyone who likes to read true crime, this is one of the better ones, imo. I was reminded of this book many times during the Scott Peterson case, as the sea "told" in that case too.
    In Flanders fields the poppies blow, between the crosses, row on row...McCrae

Quote Originally Posted by lisafremont
    No one knew this case better than Freddy Kassab who originally defended McDonald. But it was McDonald's statements and the transcripts which convinced Kassab in a million ways why McDonald was guilty.
    That's one thing that really convinces me of his guilt. Peterson and his ilk always say LE focused on them without looking for other suspects. But in this case, people who were close to the case and thought he was innocent - and had very good reasons to WANT him to be innocent - changed their minds when they saw the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristabelle
    I loved that book, "And The Sea Will Tell". It was later made into a tv movie with Deidre Hall from Days of our Lives as muff graham; I think james brolin played muffs husband (Mack or Jim?--can't remember his 1st name). Rachel Ward was also in it. For anyone who likes to read true crime, this is one of the better ones, imo. I was reminded of this book many times during the Scott Peterson case, as the sea "told" in that case too.
    Did you take note that Bugliosli was asked to represent Mac at the 1979 trial? I think it's on page 199 of And the Sea Will Tell. Bugliosli asked Mac to take a polygraph before he would agree to represent him but of course Mac refused. He couldn't fool the old master, Bugliosli.

It was an excellent movie wasn't it. Hart Bochner (Love him) played the killer, I forget his name. I have the book too. Muff's husband's name was Mac. Mac and Muff, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    I also thought that it was amphetamines of some type to which he had access because he was a doctor.
    He was taking Eskatrol diet pills in the weeks preceeding the murders. He was moonlighting every night in January at Cape Fear hospital and Hamlet Hospital plus he had his 9-5 job on the base. He was obviously sleep deprived and taking uppers to get through it. He was a ticking time bomb.

I live on Fort Bragg so Im always concious of what happened here(although the powers that be here dont like reminders of it and get upset whenever its mentioned in the local media) and I feel very confident that MacDonald is guilty!!!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Just heard on the local news the good Doctor's parole hearing is now going forward in May........Who thinks he'll get paroled??????
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

I hope not! This guy is clearly disordered!

I had not heard that about the diet pills. In the book written about MacDonald, the author did admit to some poetic license regarding MacDonald taking some drugs....but I can't remember specifically.

And The Sea Will Tell is a GREAT book! In that case Vincent Bugliosi talks extensively about observing guilty behavior vs innocent behavior, and he used many of those arguments in his closing sumation of that case.

MacDonald parole hearing set for May 10

By DAVID DISHNEAU, Associated Press Writer

HAGERSTOWN, Md. -- Former Army doctor Jeffrey MacDonald, convicted 26 years ago of the stabbing deaths of his pregnant wife and two daughters, has a parole hearing scheduled for May 10, the U.S. Parole Commission said Monday.
    The hearing will be held on or near that date at the federal prison near Cumberland where MacDonald is incarcerated, a commission spokesman said. A decision on MacDonald's possible release would likely come three to four weeks later, he said.

The hearing will be closed to the public and news media, said MacDonald's wife, Kathryn, owner of a children's drama school in Laurel. She referred other questions to MacDonald's attorneys, Tim Junkin, who declined to comment, and Wade Smith, who didn't immediately return a call from The Associated Press.
    --->>

http://newsobserver.com/news/ncwire_...-8702682c.html

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast