1115 users online (175 members and 940 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Hi Daphne
    I didn't see the Dick Cavett show, but like Scott Peterson, he probably enjoyed the attention and even the notoriety, at least to a point. Psychopaths are usually neurologically underaroused and are often thrill seekers, so they crave the spotlight. He could probably hardly restrain himself because he believed he fooled everyone -- NOT.

P.S. I'm open to the possibility that he didn't do it and believe that any impropriety on the part of the State is extremely troubling. However, have you seen him interviewed? The guy is flamboyant and totally unconvincing as a grieving husband and father.
    My opinions and deductions, hopefully based on reason and evidence.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
    Christopher Hitchens

I saw the interview with jeff MacDonald on LKL last week...this case started my interest in true crime. I saw the Dick Cavett interview as well and his attitude was unbelievable, almost like he was having a good time being a celebrity. There is also a web site available by Jeff himself, you can find it on a web search. I looked at it a few months ago and must admit it had me wondering. He has prominent Boston attys and they are working to exonerrate him. I too always believed he was guilty.I did read Final Justice years ago-forget much of it, but still thought he was guilty. But although I question the totality of that I still think he did it. Does anyone remember mention of there being an article in the MacDonald home of the Manson murders by hippies, which MacDonald could easily have read up on. And he was having an affair altho on LKL he said One night stands...It will be interesting to see what the DNA test shows but I still think hes GUILTY!!!I think his in-laws had every reason to be angry tht such a horrific crime left him able to pick up his life as is nothing had happened. Sounds like chuck Stuart-the Boston pregnant wife Killer, and like SP!!!

There is a thread on the unsolved cases here about this case, you might have to go back a while to find it.
    IMO there are to many things still unanswered about this case and because of that my mind is open that the possibility is there he could be innocent.
    It makes no sense to me that it has taken this long for the DNA to be tested, and yet it still is not done. If there was no question about his guilt I'd think it would have been done a very long time ago.
    The floppy hat hippie girl was in fact the daughter of a high ranking officer there at the base. She at times made statements making it sound like there was in fact a group of men who had it out for the Dr because he did not go along with the drug problems they had but turned them in. The strands of hair matches the wig she was known to wear at that time.

There have been some people wrongly imprisoned, we know that now because of the DNA testing that finally set them free.
    So I come back to the question again, Why does the military not want to do this testing?
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

Well, from what I understand..DNA testing costs lots of money! Remember a few months ago it came out that thousands of rape kits had gone untested because of the cost. That to me is totally disgusting!And criminals would all be crying for DNA tests...

smellsarat, it's my believe that they are willing to pay for the testing themselves.

If I was ever in a situation where I was innocent yet thought to be guilty, I would hate to think a test would be refused to me in my fight for freedom.
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

tthomanGuest
    This case sounds like one that the Innocence Project @ the Cordoza Law School should look into, ...which is sponsored by the NACDL (National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers).

This worthwhile project was founded by Barry Scheck and another attorney. They have been able to prove the innocence of the wrongfully convicted through the use of DNA.

Emotions matter. Without them, we can't reason very well, because we can't assign a proper value to different behaviors or potential consequences.
    What a brilliant statement! I don't believe I've ever seen it put so well...

For the record, I've read Fatal Justice and most of what's on the web as well as McGuinness' book. MacDonald is guilty as sin AND he may also deserve a new and fairer trial.

tthoman,
    The Innocence Project has gotten involved. MacDonald said that in the interview.

tthomanGuest
    HOCKEYMOM:

Excellent! Only caught the last few moments of the LKL interview. Now maybe the case can be put to rest one way or another.....Wasn't that a re-broadcast? How long ago, do you know?

I never watch LKL anymore as I find it excruciating watching 'Ole Lar' go through his antics.

It was previewed last week. I think even Jeff MacDonald was aggrvataed at LKL's stupidity and inability to grasp simple concepts...Frustrating to get his point across. Larry wished him good luck and shook his hand....I guess larry thinks either he's innocent or Larry is an idiot...Pick One!!!!

tthomanGuest
    Larry has become a cranky old man.............

Smellsarat,
    You are right about the article on the Manson murders being in Jeff's home. It was in a Life or Look magazine found inside his house.
    The writing on the headboard in his bedroom would be something picked up from that article.
    I still believe he is GUILTY.
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

Natural Selection - like the footnote at the bottom of your entry. (Will never forget your psychic and religious entries - you've made me think twice about these type of things)

Ft. Bragg is an open post, and yes at that time, drugs were used by many soldiers with a simple article 15 that followed sometimes. Ms. Stoeckley was a druggie, so was her boyfriend (an ex soldier), unfortunately most of the people who have "confessed" to this crime have died. So we may and probably won't ever know the truth.

So in regard to MacDonald his situation was very similar to Scott Peterson's. Simply convenient that their pregnant wives no longer exist along with the children they were carrying. How convenient for them to continue their lives with their mistresses and extravagant means of living in the lap of luxury????????

Both had boats, both had champagne tastes on beer budgets, many similarities.

MissMistyGuest
    Dr. McDonald is innocent.
    Misty

I think he's guilty as did the jury and subsequent appeals courts.

Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast