1243 users online (200 members and 1043 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyA View Post
    Ooh, I searched all over for a thread about this case (one I'd never heard of) after a visit to Costco where I picked up and read the sleeve blurb for a new book - A Wilderness of Error - by Errol Morris. All I could find was this thread in the Archived Cases forum where I posted.

I did go back and get the book and managed to devour 200 pages or so yesterday afternoon before getting dragged away by husband out to dinner with friends. Obviously it's coming from the POV that JM is innocent and, I have to say, EM's account is very compelling thus far and leads me to a presumption of at least reasonable doubt and an unsafe conviction. Trying not to jump to any hasty conclusions though, I'm going to find and buy the other book - Fatal Vision - referenced in the Archived thread and read that too before forming an opinion.
    Watch the movie, too, if you can find it.

I remember being convinced of his innocence. Then I remember there were all these trials, guilty/not guilty, free/not free, and I thought it odd with the double jeopardy laws.

I would love to see modern forensics and profiling applied to this case, see what the experts would say now.

This site has lots of case information, and input from Colette's brother.

http://www.thejeffreymacdonaldcase.c...anscripts.html

Even the defense had serious concerns about HS.

Why would Blackburn threaten a witness/suspect who was never credible in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishee View Post
    Even the defense had serious concerns about HS.

Why would Blackburn threaten a witness/suspect who was never credible in the first place?
    I had to go back and review the case because it has been so long since I studied it. I am going to have to say I think that he really is innocent. I believe HS was telling the truth when she said she was in the house that night. I hope the DNA testing will prove him innocent. If I remember right they determined that Collette was killed by someone who was left handed....Jeffrey MacDonald is right handed. Also the officer seeing the woman with the floppy hat on the side of the street after the time of the murders....Jeffrey MacDonald had stated seeing a woman with blonde hair with a big floppy hat.....that would have been HS. I don't see why HS would have said that she was in that house that night if she really wasn't. It was HS's boyfriend that killed Collette. JMO

I know I'm an outsider on my thoughts on this case but I think he is innocent. I believe HS when she confessed to being in the house that night and that her boyfriend was the one that killed Colette.

Helena Stoeckly was a drug abuser who changed her story about a dozen times. Sometimes she was there, sometimes not, sometimes she couldn't remember. She was determined to be an unreliable witness because she was so impaired she couldn't figure out what day it was most of the time. She was a heroin addict, an alcoholic, and couldn't determine reality.

What hippies walk into someone's home, don't have any weapons on them, go searching and find an icepick and a knife and also take a slat of wood matching one daughter's bed and go on a rampage on a 2 yr old, a 5 yr old and a helpless sleeping pregnant woman? Not even Charlie Manson would allow the hurting of a child (though I guess he didn't care about pregnant women).

You have to look at the evidence to see how ridiculous JM's claims are and how they don't match the crime scene.
    In my opinion

It's my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTx View Post
    If I remember right they determined that Collette was killed by someone who was left handed....Jeffrey MacDonald is right handed.
    I don't recall this finding one way or the other. I'd have to research it.

Also the officer seeing the woman with the floppy hat on the side of the street after the time of the murders....Jeffrey MacDonald had stated seeing a woman with blonde hair with a big floppy hat.....that would have been HS.
    At that time period lots of girls wore floppy hats; it was the style. One of my best friends in high school wore one of those hats, too, so it wouldn't be unusual to see a girl wearing one.

I don't see why HS would have said that she was in that house that night if she really wasn't. It was HS's boyfriend that killed Collette. JMO
    I never could figure out why HS would say she was in the house if she wasn't. But, then again, I've never been a druggie and have no idea what goes on in their minds.

I wonder how the investigators will know if the hairs match HS's boyfriend. Did they save DNA from him? If I'm not mistaken, everyone that was supposed to be at the murder scene with HS is now deceased. Not to mention, the hairs could have gotten there from anyone the family was in contact with. I just can't imagine MacDonald's sentence being reversed because of 3 hairs. All the other evidence apparently pointed directly to him.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    I wonder if Morris is missing the accolades and is grasping to find another innocent man to champion. I see this as a desperate attempt to regain some fame, regardless of whether McDonald is guilty or not.

Which I totally think he is and always have.

This was my introduction to true crime; I read Fatal Vision under the covers when I was barely even a teenager. The idea of him ever getting out makes me sick.
    This was one of the first crimes I followed, this and the Manson murders. I have always thought that he was guilty.

Oh my goodness, people confess all of the time to crimes they didnt commit. Especially when they are as unbalanced and lost as HS. She called the judge at home to tell him that MacDonalds attorneys were trying to kill her didnt she? Or the DA was? Or the judge?

Credible, no.

MacDonald claimed he had killed that generic black guy about 18 months after the crime-remember? That is what he told Colette's parents. They couldnt understand why he did something like that and why he wouldnt use the guy to lead LE to everyone else....then he confessed that he lied about that story. Oh and he was headed to Russia to be the Army Team Doctor to the Army's boxing team. Oops that was a lie to....

MacDonald is getting what he wants again-he is shining the spotlight back on himself. He isnt getting out-I remember all of the hoopla about him caving and going to his parole hearing.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
    Yes, that was it. Between this book and Helter Skelter (before this IIRC) I had nightmares but never game up true crime.....and look where I find myself...here with all of you!!!!
    Heyyyyyyyyyyy! You stole my story! LOL, I had the very same two books!

That's what I mean about her being a Fort Bragg character. I'm sure she was known about town as that strung-out hippie with the blond wig & floppy hat. He may have come across her in the hospital & knew she probably didn't know what day of the week it was. Also, the hippies knew where the surgical gloves were kept in the very back of the cabinet under the sink.

Fake leather boots. I'm rereading Fatal Vision & he says the girl is wearing fake leather boots. But can't even give a basic description of the "negro" or the two white guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    Helena Stoeckly was a drug abuser who changed her story about a dozen times. Sometimes she was there, sometimes not, sometimes she couldn't remember. She was determined to be an unreliable witness because she was so impaired she couldn't figure out what day it was most of the time. She was a heroin addict, an alcoholic, and couldn't determine reality.

What hippies walk into someone's home, don't have any weapons on them, go searching and find an icepick and a knife and also take a slat of wood matching one daughter's bed and go on a rampage on a 2 yr old, a 5 yr old and a helpless sleeping pregnant woman? Not even Charlie Manson would allow the hurting of a child (though I guess he didn't care about pregnant women).

You have to look at the evidence to see how ridiculous JM's claims are and how they don't match the crime scene.
    And of course when the hippie woman broke into the house to murder children, she made sure to light a candle, hold it in front of her face during the struggles around her, while chanting "Acid is groovy. Kill the pigs.". That phrase was described in an article about the Manson family in a magazine found on the coffee table.

It's really mind boggling that JM has had so many chances in court. That poor family (Colette's).

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka*Jaxx View Post
    I don't recall this finding one way or the other. I'd have to research it.

At that time period lots of girls wore floppy hats; it was the style. One of my best friends in high school wore one of those hats, too, so it wouldn't be unusual to see a girl wearing one.

I never could figure out why HS would say she was in the house if she wasn't. But, then again, I've never been a druggie and have no idea what goes on in their minds.

I wonder how the investigators will know if the hairs match HS's boyfriend. Did they save DNA from him? If I'm not mistaken, everyone that was supposed to be at the murder scene with HS is now deceased. Not to mention, the hairs could have gotten there from anyone the family was in contact with. I just can't imagine MacDonald's sentence being reversed because of 3 hairs. All the other evidence apparently pointed directly to him.
    BBM
    How convenient is that for JM. I just cannot see him getting a new trial unless there is very solid forensic evidence.
    I also need to refresh my memory about this case as I was a young person at the time.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

I'm confident that MacDonald is not going anywhere. His only way out of prison is in a pine box. All the evidence (blood, fiber, weapons, staged scene)...nailed him and nothing he comes up with is going to erase that.
    In my opinion

It's my opinion

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast